Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:41 PM

27,995 posts, read 29,817,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotl View Post
i dated nonmormons occasionally, and i'm still an active, good mormon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Just the fact that if she were actively attending church, I'm sure it would have been mentioned w/in a month what her plans were for Sunday morning/afternoon...

This is basic 'getting-to-know-you' stuff.
Maybe, but whose fault is it that it wasn't mentioned? If she'd been asked what her plans were for Sunday, she'd probably have said, "I'll be going to Church." Are you suggesting that she was somehow hiding something by not saying, "Guess what I'm going on Sunday!"?

Old 05-09-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
In my case, love triumphed over religion. As for whether it's "happily ever after"... well, ask me in another 40 years!

I should point out that 2 of my sisters and two of my wife's sisters did basically the same thing... all were Mormon (at least on paper).

Seriously folks, Mormons do not live in boxes, and are not nearly as "peculiar" as people (themselves included) like to think!
Oh sure, Chango... Thanks a bunch. We have our "peculiar" reputation to maintain and then you come along and say something like this.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:52 PM

2,108 posts, read 2,887,185 times
My wife and I were virgins when we got married, and I know many others for whom that was the case.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:26 PM

19,637 posts, read 20,126,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Maybe, but whose fault is it that it wasn't mentioned? If she'd been asked what her plans were for Sunday, she'd probably have said, "I'll be going to Church." Are you suggesting that she was somehow hiding something by not saying, "Guess what I'm going on Sunday!"?

Not at all.

But I do believe the OP's nephew probably felt lead on for a month only to find out his gf is waiting for marriage to have sex.

It's probably bad communication on both their parts really.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:58 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,369,115 times
Maybe she did not tell him because she was not that interested in him as a long term partner

Old 05-10-2012, 12:07 AM

2,631 posts, read 5,446,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Nobody said dating a non-mormon was indicative of whether or not she was a "good mormon".

Just the fact that if she were actively attending church, I'm sure it would have been mentioned w/in a month what her plans were for Sunday morning/afternoon...

This is basic 'getting-to-know-you' stuff.
that actually did seem to be the implication to some of the posts here. either way, mormons are people too, and just as other people, they exhibit different opinions, beliefs, goals, etc.

and as far as the month thing goes, none of us really know what was going on there. we know third-hand what someone that wasn't even involved thought of the situation, but we don't know anything about the two of them or their month-long relationship.

and lastly, i can't for the life of me fathom why this is even an issue, or why this thread has lasted this long.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:16 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,369,115 times
One reason is because I cant sleep and answering silly threads is kind of fun.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:16 AM

19,637 posts, read 20,126,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotl View Post
that actually did seem to be the implication to some of the posts here. either way, mormons are people too, and just as other people, they exhibit different opinions, beliefs, goals, etc.

and as far as the month thing goes, none of us really know what was going on there. we know third-hand what someone that wasn't even involved thought of the situation, but we don't know anything about the two of them or their month-long relationship.

and lastly, i can't for the life of me fathom why this is even an issue, or why this thread has lasted this long.

I'm sure we can all agree with that, lol.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:33 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,535,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Nope, been married for 19 years. Yep, older woman know thats what we want, its usually younger women that are so idealistic and naive about sex. I still have a great relationship, but getting laid is as important as urinating? If you can stop urinating, then let me know.
You equate "getting laid" with "urinating"? Now I feel sorry for your wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality