Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 08:03 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
If there was an historical Jesus and the Romans crucified him it stands to reason that he was a zealot or some sort of Jewish rebel.
That would be the obvious conclusion. It requires a considerable amount of rewriting of the story (which will lead to a number of slips and errors) in order to make it look as though something else was going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 08:12 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
SeekerSA wrote:

Hi Seeker, no, I'm not following you around on the boards

But I was amused by what you wrote above. How do you know the Sanhedrin would not assemple just like that and at night?

The priests had been scouting Jesus for some time trying to catch Him in a slip-up. The Passover was approaching. Unbeknownst to them, Jesus was the Passover. They had to act quickly for all this to happen at just the right time (unbeknownst to them). They got Judas in on the act, got a group together to arrest Jesus and brought Him to trial.

I see no embellishment of the story. The people who wrote the four accounts were very righteous people, not given to lie, not given to embellish.
You do not see because you do not want to. Several example of their 'mistakes' - to be polite about it - and indeed a deliberate bit of fiddling by John - has been brought to your attention, but this is just water off a duck's back - waterproofed with the Holy Oil of faith.

I do agree that the Sanhedrin trial is better seen as an arrest and interrogation carried out by the High Priest with the assistance of roman soldiers. The whole tale of a formal Sanhedrin trial looks a shambles and cannot really be held up as credible, but that is another discussion I suppose.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:22 AM

2,430 posts, read 2,768,111 times
Default When Jesus was here he said.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Although I am inclined to believe in a historical Jesus, I've come across an increasing amount of evidence and arguments that raise doubts about it. This evidence seems to be countered mainly by Christian apologists, whose numbers are huge obviously. So, it's confusing what the true balance of arguments is on each side.

Another thing I've learned is that in some formerly Christian countries where belief is now less strong than it used to be and secularism is more widespread, the prevailing view is that Jesus was a myth.

What are your views on this?
If you have seen me you have seen the Father(God) this is just one of the hundreds of astounding things He said. He said I came to save the world, not condemn it. He said many things that had already been said and He pointed out in Old Testament scripture who and where and why He came..........Governments tried to kill Him from the time of His birth, What people need to know is what He said. There is enough to make a decision.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:39 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,215,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
You do not see because you do not want to. Several example of their 'mistakes' - to be polite about it - and indeed a deliberate bit of fiddling by John - has been brought to your attention, but this is just water off a duck's back - waterproofed with the Holy Oil of faith.

I do agree that the Sanhedrin trial is better seen as an arrest and interrogation carried out by the High Priest with the assistance of roman soldiers. The whole tale of a formal Sanhedrin trial looks a shambles and cannot really be held up as credible, but that is another discussion I suppose.
Thanks for fielding that. It is pretty pointless discussing anything with E as he has a confirmation bias. I have lost all my notes but cite most of my stuff from memory as to my research. It is all out there is they dare to look beyond the veil of their indoctrination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
If you have seen me you have seen the Father(God) this is just one of the hundreds of astounding things He said. He said I came to save the world, not condemn it. He said many things that had already been said and He pointed out in Old Testament scripture who and where and why He came..........Governments tried to kill Him from the time of His birth, What people need to know is what He said. There is enough to make a decision.
Nothing you posted is true. All you are doing is regurgitating the texts and what you have been indoctrinated with. All the gospels are highly embellished folklore and legend.

As for governments trying to kill him, the time of Herod disputed is a known fact and does not fit the time line of his alleged birth. There are ZERO contemporary records of any infanticide, that event would surely have made the morning news.

Perhaps AREQUIPA can field this as he has a lot more historic detail at his fingertips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality