Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2012, 12:16 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,805,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverworks View Post
The disbelief in evolution especially how human came to be is i believe the WTF factor for God believers like me. You can present your theories as facts all you want with 'mounting evidences' even but the REAL evidence of seeing those evidences happen with our own very eyes is where? NOWHERE! lol.
..and you saw the crucifixion did you? Noah's deluge, the Exodus, the garden of Eden??

Obvious trolling here folks...move along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Your assertion that we should "see it take place" before our very own eyes is laughable indeed. That is the stuff of ignorance and wild imagination,.....
...and 'trolling'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 07:39 AM

32 posts, read 117,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
All you have shown us my new freind, is how very clueless and uneducated you are on the topic and the processes of evolution and why and how it works.

Your assertion that we should "see it take place" before our very own eyes is laughable indeed. That is the stuff of ignorance and wild imagination, which ironically enough is the stuff of religion.
well, that is the atheists' reason to not believe in God right? Have you seen an actual evolution as your science books tells so take place? so, why is it LOGICAL to believe this whole mighty evolutionary process took place billions of years ago coz your science book tells so. And then ironically call God believers FOOLS coz that's what our bible tells so? What is the difference? NOTHING!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
..and you saw the crucifixion did you? Noah's deluge, the Exodus, the garden of Eden??

Obvious trolling here folks...move along!
.....and you saw the evolution of man did you? and after you WITNESS the dinosaurs went extinct because the asteroid hit the earth, you also saw the recycle of evolution AGAIN did you?

Obvious WTF that's logic to you really, here folks...move along!

Last edited by silverworks; 05-13-2012 at 07:48 AM..

Old 05-13-2012, 08:21 AM

27,323 posts, read 28,389,714 times
Quote:
quite honestly if i see the evolution of man with my own eyes then yes, i would be a fool to still believe in God, but the fact of the matter is... i have not seen a man evolve from a species according to your 'bible aka science book'.
I doubt you would stop believing in God so easily. I accepted that humans evolved from ape-like ancestors even when I was a theist.

Here are some actual fossils of where we all came from:

http://www.roiscience.com/evolution-...sing-links.jpg

Last edited by BigCityDreamer; 05-13-2012 at 08:41 AM..

Old 05-13-2012, 10:21 AM

50,081 posts, read 20,528,855 times
Quote:
well, that is the atheists' reason to not believe in God right? Have you seen an actual evolution as your science books tells so take place? so, why is it LOGICAL to believe this whole mighty evolutionary process took place billions of years ago coz your science book tells so. And then ironically call God believers FOOLS coz that's what our bible tells so? What is the difference? NOTHING!!!
The difference is that the evidence for evolution stands up to scrutiny and the evidence for the bible doesn't. And also that not believing in God doesn't depend on evolution being true, whereas (despite what some Christians claim) if one does not believe the NT true, Christianity collapses.

Quote:
.....and you saw the evolution of man did you? and after you WITNESS the dinosaurs went extinct because the asteroid hit the earth, you also saw the recycle of evolution AGAIN did you?

Obvious WTF that's logic to you really, here folks...move along!
It's amazing that the validity of forensic evidence analysis seems to be something totally ignored by Theists. It is used regularly to solve crimes, diagnose patients and recover historical event of which no more than silent traces remain. Geology and palaeontology and also genetic tracing is of the same reliability. Why do you reject it when it is applied to evolution?

It can only be because you have this idea that it disproves God which it doesn't. It doesn't even disprove Jesus, Abraham or Solomon. It does undermine Genesis as literal fact, but are you going to tell us that you believe everything was Created in six days by a god who, as soon as there were enough people to populate Pangea, decided to wipe the lot out except for a family who would turn out to be no better than the exterminated lot?

"Don't move along yet, folks, there may be a complete loop for you to laugh at." Alternatively, you can try to think sensibly.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:35 AM

well my argument is that you atheist 'logicals' also believe in something you have not seen. true or false?

and yet you declare yourselves smart and thinking for yourselves and the ones on the either side are fools and puppets. WTF. really? what is the difference? the evidences? that are based on what? science books, isn't it? the 'evidences' that your sole source is what the science books tells you as facts. who wrote the science books? humans. so what's the difference?

Last edited by silverworks; 05-13-2012 at 10:46 AM..

Old 05-13-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
well my argument is that you atheist 'logicals' also believe in something you have not seen. true or false?

and yet you declare yourselves smart and thinking for yourselves and the ones on the either side are fools and puppets. WTF. really? what is the difference? the evidences? that are based on what? science books, isn't it? the 'evidences' that your sole source is what the science books tells you as facts. who wrote the science books? humans. so what's the difference?
The difference is verifiability. I can observe, test and conduct experiments to verify whether or not a scientific claim is true.

By complete contrast, there is no way for me to verify supernatural claims. I have to rely purely on tradition and authority to have faith that the supernatural is real.

But really, the only reason you don't believe in evolution is because if evolution were true then the Genesis creation account would be just another myth like all creation stories are. And there would likely be no more truth to Judeo-Christianity than there is in any other religion.

Last edited by BigCityDreamer; 05-13-2012 at 11:17 AM..

Old 05-13-2012, 11:18 AM

While I agree that you can verify a scientific claim, the truth still remains, NO ONE - even the scientists claiming this and this evolutionary process billions of years ago actually happened - was there to witness this evolution. And even at present time, those evolution has not happened/observed/witnessed since. Technically, you still believe in something you have not and will never see in your lifetime.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
While I agree that you can verify a scientific claim, the truth still remains, NO ONE - even the scientists claiming this and this evolutionary process billions of years ago actually happened - was there to witness this evolution. And even at present time, those evolution has not happened/observed/witnessed since. Technically, you still believe in something you have not and will never see in your lifetime.
First, evolution didn't only happen billions of years ago. It's been happening in all the time since then, it's happening now, and it will continue to happen for as long as there's life on earth.

You're right that we cannot directly observe events that were happening on the earth in the distant past, because we cannot go back in time. However, we can make logical inferences from the evidence and data we have. Transitional fossils that have been found and radiometric dating of these fossils are strong evidence that evolution from one species to another actually occurred. Plus, there are numerous other lines of evidence such as atavisms, anatomical vestiges, DNA similarities, genetic rates (to name a few) which all point to evolution over time.

In other words, if all this evidence doesn't confirm evolution, then how else are we to interpret it? That's what science is all about.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
First, evolution didn't only happen billions of years ago. It's been happening in all the time since then, it's happening now, and it will continue to happen for as long as there's life on earth.
\.
ya, but the problematic part for me is that the unbelievable billion year process of how the evolution of each and every species especially of human has been out of commission since the science book tells us so.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:42 PM

33,501 posts, read 37,006,127 times
Quote:
ya, but the problematic part for me is that the unbelievable billion year process of how the evolution of each and every species especially of human has been out of commission since the science book tells us so.
Biologists define evolution as a change in the gene pool of a population over time. One example is insects developing a resistance to pesticides over the period of a few years. Even most Creationists recognize that evolution at this level is a fact. What they don't appreciate is that this rate of evolution is all that is required to produce the diversity of all living things from a common ancestor.

The origin of new species by evolution has also been observed, both in the laboratory and in the wild.

What hasn't been observed is one animal abruptly changing into a radically different one, such as a frog changing into a cow. This is not a problem for evolution because evolution doesn't propose occurrences even remotely like that. In fact, if we ever observed a frog turn into a cow, it would be very strong evidence against evolution.
More observed instances of evolution here... Observed Instances of Speciation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality