Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 03:41 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,940,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogknox View Post
You make a bold statement!

Christians believe the scriptures, scriptures say; "there is spirits and souls"!

Meester-Chung You might not be able to see, Souls and Spirits, does not mean they do not exist.

I point out simply.. "You can't see air"!
And you can't see God.. He is spirit!
Spirits are invisible tis true but, does not mean they do not exist!

Matthew 8:31
The demons begged Jesus, “If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.”

Dogknox

air is matter which has mass and volume and you can feel it when it blows and when you breath you inhale and exhale air

and quoting the bible is not evidence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 03:59 PM

467 posts, read 467,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
air is matter which has mass and volume and you can feel it when it blows and when you breath you inhale and exhale air

and quoting the bible is not evidence
I know air has mass.. You still can't see it!!
Quoting the scriptures is evidence because it proves there are people that believe in spirits!

Meester-Chung God is Spirit and he is real... So spirit is real!

Dogknox

Old 05-27-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogknox View Post
I know air has mass.. You still can't see it!!
Quoting the scriptures is evidence because it proves there are people that believe in spirits!

Meester-Chung God is Spirit and he is real... So spirit is real!

Dogknox

did you even read my post

Quote:
you can feel it when it blows and when you breath you inhale and exhale air
a book with talking snake, talking donkeys, called bats, bird, claim that insects have 4 legs, claim that manna fall from the sky, etc is NOT evidence

quit quoting a book written by superstitious bronze age primitives

Old 05-27-2012, 05:29 PM

496 posts, read 483,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Had a visual witness of two Holy Angels of the Lord a few years ago , as their wing were like doves wings but perfect pure white , were Jesus Spirit told me these were messenger Angels of the Lord ...... Then I witnesses a vision of the Holy virgin of the Lord God who came and showed herself in a brief vision which she looked like a real person with natural appearance but She is a Spirit of God..... Then I witness a vision of Spirit of God moving in a prayer meeting were it looked like camera flashes going off were no one was there , no one else seen this as no one looked alarmed, and this went on for 5 minutes, and the light was also pure white light with no color ..... Seen these visions while fully conscience and Not asleep or dreams ....... There are demons spirits who go and are pest to the lungs of man, called by Holy Spirit ` gland disruptor demons` who bring illness to the lungs and other glands were they see weakness to harm people ...... God is real and He is a spirit and not a conjecture of ideas ....
Thankyou for sharing the experience hljc. I want to tell you a story.

A couple of years ago I went to Acapulco for something to do with about 3 weeks off. I went for a full two weeks. The hotel was called The Panorama and sits in the hills with a terrific view of the Acapulco landscape and ocean.

Each night at the outdoor dining area the workers would set the tables, prepare the food and take much time making sure everything was perfect. While I watched them I noticed that for the quantity of work and the amazing amount of care in each table, utensil exact position, the continued checking to make definitely sure everything was absolutely perfect, at the same time, they seemed very very under staffed. There were many guests and it was a very big job which was accomplished with huge concern. You could see it.

When the guests finally arrived, and were usually late at the dining area, they basically stumbled in, intoxicated, foul language, ordering people like they are machines, never finishing their dinner, plates just left sitting there as insults...very impolite.

Yet...night after night this humble group of people arranged and took the care to present the beautiful dining experience for the mass's of people acting as though animals while somehow, assuming to be much further accomplished as individuals.

Above is how I see life in the exchange of life, within humanity in many ways. Thanks again for the inspiring entry.

Last edited by peter-1; 05-27-2012 at 05:58 PM..

Old 05-27-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
a book with talking snake, talking donkeys, called bats, bird, claim that insects have 4 legs, claim that manna fall from the sky, etc is NOT evidence
quit quoting a book written by superstitious bronze age primitives
The thread is Spirit or Spirits is the air around us and in our lungs NOT "No God!"

Seem you are Rejecting God, along with rejecting spirits and Souls!
Rejecting the scriptures is also involved in your rejecting "Spirits and Souls"!
So far it looks like you reject everything!!!

Your words..
Quote:
I reply.. YUP your post is a definition of the word "Spirit" to mean "WIND or breath!"
Meester-Chung So what..?? I could have told you the same thing!!!

NOTE>>WIND
Acts 2:1 When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place.
2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting.

Christians could have told you Spirit means WIND!!!

NOTE>>Christians believe your DEFINITION, BREATH
John 20:21
Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.”
22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.

Meester-Chung Do you see it.. BREATH means SPIRIT!!
Holy SPIRIT means GOD' BREATH!!!

Meester-Chung Scriptures tell you exactly what your DEFINITION tells you ..PROVING the scriptures tell the TRUTH!!!

You just discovered what you look like, because you found your first mirror!! ha-ha

Old 05-28-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
The thread is Spirit or Spirits is the air around us and in our lungs NOT "No God!"

Seem you are Rejecting God, along with rejecting spirits and Souls!
Rejecting the scriptures is also involved in your rejecting "Spirits and Souls"!
So far it looks like you reject everything!!!

your god does not exist i cannot reject something that does not exist why are christians acting like clones in a borg collective claiming that atheists rejecting their non-existent god. rejecting your psychopathic diety is not rejecting everything

Old 05-28-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
your god does not exist i cannot reject something that does not exist why are christians acting like clones in a borg collective claiming that atheists rejecting their non-existent god. rejecting your psychopathic diety is not rejecting everything
Meester-Chung hello I hope all is well... Are you on your medication?!!
Hidden>> till now, bubbling up from deep inside, springs a hate for Christians!!

I am CHRISTIAN Tis True!

I want to let you KNOW Christians teach; "God is LOVE and all enter heaven if they LOVE!"
You should have nothing to fear, what so ever from a true Christian!

Meester-Chung There are well over ONE BILLION Christians.. and growing!!!
Christians believe the scriptures, thus the growth and belief in Jesus!!
Christians believe Jesus is God and God brought salvation to all of mankind!! Simple message, it provides HOPE to the whole world!

Man needs hope today more then ever!
Meester-Chung Maybe you have lost all hope?? Hmm Could this be it??!!

Dogknox

Old 05-28-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Meester-Chung hello I hope all is well... Are you on your medication?!!
Hidden>> till now, bubbling up from deep inside, springs a hate for Christians!!

telling one to see a doctor is not hate

Quote:
I am CHRISTIAN Tis True!

I want to let you KNOW Christians teach; "God is LOVE and all enter heaven if they LOVE!"
You should have nothing to fear, what so ever from a true Christian!
Christianity is threatening people with eternal torture if they don't believe. the god of the bible is psychopathic dictator that cannot handle rejection

Quote:
here are well over ONE BILLION Christians.. and growing!!!
Christians believe the scriptures, thus the growth and belief in Jesus!!
Christians believe Jesus is God and God brought salvation to all of mankind!! Simple message, it provides HOPE to the whole world!

it didn't provide hope to the native Americans and other indigenous populations whose cultures and native animist religions destroyed by Christianize by European colonists and missionaries. these people thrived for centuries without your god and Jesus and threats of hellfire

Old 05-28-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
telling one to see a doctor is not hate

Christianity is threatening people with eternal torture if they don't believe. the god of the bible is psychopathic dictator that cannot handle rejection

it didn't provide hope to the native Americans and other indigenous populations whose cultures and native animist religions destroyed by Christianize by European colonists and missionaries. these people thrived for centuries without your god and Jesus and threats of hellfire
Meester-Chung Your words..
Quote:
I reply: You can't be more wrong!!

The Christian God LOVES ALL MEN!!
The Christian God made every man!
He sent his only son to die in mans place!!
Jesus died so you would not have to die!! Does this sound as a "God of Torture?!"

The God of the Christian is the ONLY God to come down to man!! He lived as a man, suffered as a man and died as a man!!
The Christian God is pure love!

Meester-Chung read this verse over and over till it sinks in!!!
1 John 4:16
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

FACT: All men NOT just Christians>>> If any man has LOVE inside they have God inside!
All men who LOVE go to heaven.. It is just this simple!!!

Meester-Chung Please consider your remarks!! God sends no one to hell each man who ends up in hell is there on their own non loving actions!
All without "LOVE" are without God!

Old 05-30-2012, 01:52 AM

1,435 posts, read 1,553,906 times
Quote:
The English word spirit comes from the Latin spiritus, meaning "breath", but also "spirit, soul, courage, vigor", ultimately from a Proto-Indo-European *(s)peis. It is distinguished from Latin anima, "soul." In Greek, this distinction exists between pneuma (πνευμα), "breath, motile air, spirit," and psykhē (ψυχη), "soul."[2]
The word "spirit" came into Middle English via Old French. The distinction between soul and spirit also developed in the Abrahamic religions: Arabic nafs (نفس) opposite rúħ (روح); Hebrew neshama (נְשָׁמָה nəšâmâh) or nephesh (in Hebrew neshama comes from the root NŠM or "breath") opposite ruach (רוּחַ rûaħ).

Spirit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

spirit (n.) mid-13c., "animating or vital principle in man and animals," from O.Fr. espirit, from L. spiritus "soul, courage, vigor, breath," related to spirare "to breathe," from PIE *(s)peis- "to blow" (cf. O.C.S. pisto "to play on the flute"). Original usage in English mainly from passages in Vulgate, where the Latin word translates Gk. pneuma and Heb. ruah. Distinction between "soul" and "spirit" (as "seat of emotions") became current in Christian terminology (e.g. Gk. psykhe vs. pneuma, L. anima vs. spiritus) but "is without significance for earlier periods" [Buck]. L. spiritus, usually in classical L. "breath," replaces animus in the sense "spirit" in the imperial period and appears in Christian writings as the usual equivalent of Gk. pneuma. Meaning "supernatural being" is attested from c.1300 (see ghost); that of "essential principle of something" (in a non-theological sense, e.g. Spirit of St. Louis) is attested from 1690, common after 1800. Plural form spirits "volatile substance" is an alchemical idea, first attested 1610; sense narrowed to "strong alcoholic liquor" by 1670s. This also is the sense in spirit level (1768).Online Etymology Dictionary

In ancient times birds are scared are seen as messengers of the gods this is where the Judeo-Christian-Islamic concept of angels(like birds they have wings made of feathers in pictures and drawings) originates from.

Spirit is Air

Researching the word 'spirit' will reveal that this word originates and is etymologically related to air, wind, breath, etc. And this is the case in almost all languages. For example the Greek word for spirit is “pneuma”, which also means ‘wind’. The same in Hebrew, the Hebrew word for spirit is “ruach”, which again also means ‘wind’.
This is why many messenger deities, such as angels, are portrayed in artwork as having wings that fly through the spirit / air. Birds were seen as the messengers of the sun god in many cultures. The Egyptians also portrayed their version of spirit / soul (ba and ka) as a bird with a human head.

nice to be alive in the information age where it is increasingly becoming hard to believe in religion and religious dogma
You do know that one word can have multiple meanings, right? And that the meanings of words change over time and contexts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality