Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 12:43 AM

496 posts, read 483,630 times

Advertisements

Obviously if there is a Higher Power of the suggested god idea, the entity could no more hate the idea of a specific man, then a man could hate an idea of a specific ant.

Even Bundy, as there would be little idea of a man within his being, in order for the higher power to fix an association, an association by comprehension of the quantity of nothingness. Theres simply nothing in value to relate to in experience. Experience is how we are able to fix a like and dislike in a specific way. So a child could not know, the inner workings within the flowing thoughts of a hateful criminal. There is nothing there.

People can say well then, I think this god if there is one would be ruthless by indifference. I know the feeling. I would think though that anything in connection with dominion in some way over this universe would be not indifferent, but not in a position of ability to apprehend realities all about, contained and saturated in the repulsion of creation, by acts of nothingness. It would be illogical

So what are we left with? An indifference upon the outcome of hatefulness. Is this fair relatively speaking, does man generally accept his mortality and path toward completion? Well I think he does generally if so disposed in a natural way and in the company of heartfelt compassionate medicine through others. The more advanced we shelter and protect ourselves with forms of remedy and so on, the greater distance away from the natural is achieved. IOW..naturally if you have a bad cut or broken leg...the dilemma in the bush is over in a night or two by nature.

Victim suffers. Victim suffers more acutely if it is known that compassion is possible but rejected. It is what I will call opposite medicine. A contradiction to self existence in not only suffer, but a pronounced self reality of suffer as it is in augmentation, by the suggestion that one is in fact only flesh and bone, and is therefore without a value.. A whole and entire anguish in company to the physical madness in the impossible effort to re-negotiate an ordered working bio body, as well the known actual self, a value.

This would be the fundemental reasoning on why, compassion works as a medicine. The order within the compassionate is then understood to serve in the factual representation of a marked, true existing essence of order itself, outside of the physical realm. A hope is in motion. There is no direct bio advantage at a glance for the compassionate, in the extension of the expression.

The expression then becomes real. A real extension of a reality of order outside of our given and known constitution at a glance. I'm aware of all the connecting social implications in argument, however, those arguments are always reduced in finding of same mentioned if reduced properly.

In above construction of body and evolving inner self, we uncover the properties of contradiction. It is this living contradiction which allows for the unfolding, natural growing value in the human. A value which allows us to not only extend deep moving consequence in the fate of others, but a deep moving awareness in the process, and reality, of an infinity not only within ourselves, but in constant affirmation of a marked existence for it, as a god would surely be.

Last edited by peter-1; 05-21-2012 at 01:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 12:59 AM

6,941 posts, read 6,868,065 times
If the god that people refer to were a bunch of aliens, then it would make so much sense. Firstly, he changes his mind so many times, it HAS to be more than one entity. Sometimes he is kind and sometimes he is angry and that would fit the alien idea too. In fact, there is very little that wouldn't fit the alien hypothesis.

Yes, there may be something which runs the aliens too - like the God of aliens which is bigger and more powerful than they are, but I can just see a bunch of (aliens)school kids playing at being God for the day, can't you?

Old 05-21-2012, 01:50 AM

496 posts, read 483,630 times
Good analogy and I think understand what your saying.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:25 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,012,828 times
One of Gods Spiritual Rules is `If you engage in sin ,and you do not come to Jesus to be released from this sin on Jesus ways , then this sin will never leave and if you enjoy the sin it will be a curse of your life ``.....As the result when most people allow sin to rule as curses in their lives , then the land will become cursed and this will invite the dark forces to bring destruction to the earth, which does not come from God , but the adversary spirits which hate God and man.......... Jesus has the authority to clean man and the earth, but needs our participation in His authority, so we need to turn to Jesus repent or forsake the sin that blocks God from helping and get Jesus to clean the earth , for it is Jesus will, to have a clean earth ....

Old 05-21-2012, 03:15 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
I certainly can understand the alien theory.
If something/one demonstrates that he/it has strange abilities it would be easy to see them as gods, but in reality, they are just another type of evolved species.
If the early people in the bible interacted with such beings they would just be reacting as the cargo cults did with us.
The god in the bible certainly has human flaws.
I find it very hard to believe that he could be the initial God of creation, in Genesis.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:05 PM

67 posts, read 82,202 times
This is one of those topics that always made me not believe in God, turn to hedonism, be briefly happy with it, and then get depressed later.

Did you know God killed 70,000 people because King David took a census? That's way more than the number of people who died in the twin towers.

This can be explained however. Death is only bad in our eyes. To God, it may be better that those people join him in Heaven or go straight to hell, rather than continue on earth.

We also have the freewill to kill, but are not supposed to make that choice as it is a major violation of Moses laws. When Osama killed all those people, that was his choice, and from what I've seen we have freewill, but are not free from the backlash or reward of our actions. The punishment Osama faced, is that our army made it's own free choice to kill him. I doubt that was ordained by God, it was just a human choice, so we would feel safe. If left to God, he may have left him to die naturally on earth, and then most likely send him to hell.

Nearly everyone believes Osama was behind the towers, but what if he was a scapegoat? What if he was innocent and the soldier was the only evil doer, who meant right? That's the problem with carrying out justice ourselves-- we don't always know what we are doing.

So in summary God is good, and our freewill causes us to choose evil, which then brings more evil and punishment upon us.

If it turns out we have no freewill, please disregard all of the above.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:14 PM

67 posts, read 82,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
If the god that people refer to were a bunch of aliens, then it would make so much sense. Firstly, he changes his mind so many times, it HAS to be more than one entity. Sometimes he is kind and sometimes he is angry and that would fit the alien idea too. In fact, there is very little that wouldn't fit the alien hypothesis.

Yes, there may be something which runs the aliens too - like the God of aliens which is bigger and more powerful than they are, but I can just see a bunch of (aliens)school kids playing at being God for the day, can't you?
What? People change their minds, too. The Bible says, let US make man in OUR image, so that alone references more than one God.

The Bible is hard to make sense of, but we did not come from aliens, or algae.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:23 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,686,739 times
no he's just having fun.. like if batman and the joker were one person, the villain and the hero

Old 05-22-2012, 10:16 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,044,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
no he's just having fun.. like if batman and the joker were one person, the villain and the hero
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?

Maybe God has a pair of these to deal with:

Old 05-23-2012, 01:42 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,964,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
Ah, even the Biblical writers had problems with God at times. Just ask good ol' Job, who despite being an exceptional individual in God's eyes, had some choice cuts to make against him:
Though you know that I am not guilty,
There is no escape from your hand.
Your hands molded and made me,
And then turned to destroy me.
(Job 10:7-8, AB)

'Guiltless as well as wicked he destroys'.
When the scourge slays suddenly,
He mocks the despair of the innocent.
Earth is given to the control of the wicked,
The faces of her judges he covers.
If not he, then who?
(Job 9:22a-24)
We are not the first ones to have a problem with God and the issue of Theodicy. Even some of the Biblical writers had issues with it. The best expression of this is the Book of Job, and it should be required reading for believers and non-believers alike. The content may surprise you.
Yes, but God blessed Job's latter end more than the former.

And all who die? God has done everything to save them. Eventually they will be given the miracle of resurrection, be given wonderful life and joy and peace. It is just that prior to that, due to Adam screwing up in the garden (I speak in the relative sense) we all have to learn from the knowledge of good and evil.

It is not a matter of God hating us. He loves us and is even fond of us. But He knows what we need to learn, though the lesson be hard, in the end it will be for good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality