Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 09:22 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,772,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I totally agree with this post. What confuses me in the thread is that "religion" seems a separate thing from "God". ...............
Religion can include that of God , or, it can not ; the secular religion of atheistic Humanism for example is a recognized religion by our U.S. Government , yet it is based on the anti-God philosophy that the Cosmos and everything in it came about and is sustained by naturalism and materialism.....even our NON material personality traits of logic, reason, abstract thinking, love, etc... which is what makes an atheistic worldview very absurd and illogical.

Further, if there arent any absolute moral laws to live by for all human beings...such as sexual immorality being absolutely objectively wrong....then it is only a matter of opinion that casual sex hookup, anal sex despite the 8 + diseases that can be contracted from it, incest, peadophilia , Stalins mass murdering as well as Hitlers.....were not objectively wrong , and all human behavior is just a matter of personal choice. This is the crux to the secularization of America and the precise reason why we have extreme lifestyle immorality that harms / kills / and even murdering (ie: walk in abortion due to sexual hedonism gone further wrong) . This , along with other things, is why i am counter-culture and for good reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 11:39 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
What confuses me in the thread is that "religion" seems a separate thing from "God"
Religion is different from God, and it is different from faith or belief in God. Religion, to me, is any set of particular man made rules, customs, works etc, built around a specific way (church, etc) of worshipping God.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:49 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
I never thought they could., and, i wasnt considering that.
So why are you so against two gays who are in a committed, long-term relationship getting married?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality