Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 11:48 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,006,659 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!

I have started this thread in the hopes that everyone will jump on board and send some good wishes, blessings, prayers and/or kind and uplifting words to our friend KittensPurr. As you will see from her post I am quoting below (from the prayer request thread), she is in real need of comfort and kindness right now. She is going through some terrible trials in her life right now, physically as well as emotionally.

Thank you in advance to all that participate!

We love you Kitten! We are here for you!!!!

YouTube - lean on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittensPurr View Post
Hello All -

I'd just like to ask for some good thoughts, prayers & wishes again. I've been diagnosed today with lymph node cancer, which is rather exhausting news to hear. I just had cancer surgery 2-mos ago & haven't quite gotten back on my feet from that. I was diagnosed with a melignant melanoma last week which I haven't yet had surgery for & I've been feeling so sick for so long it's really caused stressers for me. This is my 5th cancer in 13-yrs, 3rd time in just months & I'm only in my 40's. I'm so tired, it's an effort to just stand up, although I've been pushing myself to complete house renovations. I feel my mental health is just as important as my physical health & if I just lie about, it's too easy to fall into depression & giving up. Well, I'm a strong woman... I just don't lie about & give up, for better or worse.

So, I currently have 2 cancers in need of surgery. I'll have surgery, but am really praying that radiation/chemo are not necessary, as I'd refuse them. We all make our own treatment decisions & I've lived with declining it many years ago. So, please hold a good thought that that doesn't even factor into the equation.

I truly believe in the positive power of sending good energy & prayers & very much appreciate all good thoughts coming my way. My good thoughts, wishes & prayers to everyone who also find themselves in need of a huge boost of positivity coming their ways to carry them through to the next best step.

Thank you... VV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2007, 04:43 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Stay strong, Kittens! I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers...

Old 09-22-2007, 06:18 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,787,696 times
Kittenspurr,
One of our forum sisters in Christ asked me if I thought we could maybe get a "prayer session" together online. Would you be open to it -if we could organize a gathering of prayer warriors at a certain time that would be convenient to you and others? We could either, through this thread or DM, agree to a specific time that we can all commit maybe 15 minutes of prayer for you. That way we would all be gathered 'together' virtually. I, personally, think that it would be wonderful. If a person felt compelled they could post their prayers or just say them silently, but we would all be together before God. Let us know what you think. And if anyone wants to go ahead and pipe in as to whether they would be open to joining in on this. Also, I would like to mention that you would not have to be a praying person, you could just sit with us and think positive thoughts. KittensPurr, if you would be up to this, think of a time that would be good for you and we will coordinate it.
You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
God bless us all...
Weather...

Old 09-22-2007, 08:04 AM

264 posts, read 829,404 times
Hi Kitten,
I don't think we've met, but anyone with a "cat" related screen name is cool in my book. I will most definitely add you to my prayer list and pray for your health and peace!!

I would be happy to join in with a prayer group. I'm home all week so I have plenty of time. Just let me know when.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:38 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Kitten. I truly hope that you will have a good day today..I send my prayers , hugs and good vibes your way. I will also be including "Momma Cat", because she shares all of her Kittens pain. and the rest of your family..

I am all for what weather said in her post about a time for a group, hug, prayer , good vibes or whatever anyone can send you all at onceThere is power, wonder working power in everybody being in like mind at once

Old 09-22-2007, 10:37 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,006,659 times
I'm on board with everyone else that would like to hold a dedicated prayer time. Just let me know what you all decide. I think after the weekend would be best, as a lot of people are gone on the weekend and may not see it in time.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:49 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
My thoughts and prayers are with you Kittenspurr... may the Lord wrap his loving arms around you in good health.

Cinderobyn

Old 09-22-2007, 07:31 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,237,545 times
praying for you kitten ! put me on the list!!

Old 09-23-2007, 08:08 AM

1,005 posts, read 1,889,285 times
Dear Kawg -
How kind of you to begin this thread. Thank you. I'm overwhelmed with the lovely DMs & posts from those so kind to take a moment to wish me well & send good healing vibes my way, all beginning with your request. Thank you, too for your cheer-o-graphics. Love them.

Dear Weather -
So kind of you to suggest a healing session & I will definitely welcome any meditations/prayers/good thoughts/wishes/healing/positive thoughts & energy coming to me. I'm on my way to the hospital on Monday & have no idea what will transpire or what will be involved. I'll leave it up to all of you to decide upon a date/time & am greatful for your efforts.

I'm quite exhausted & just seem to fall asleep for hours at a time throughout the day. I'll check in whenever possible & thank you all for your overwhelming kindness.

Dear Gizmo, Wesa, Robyn, The -
Thank you all kindly for your healing thoughts.

Dear Blue -
Thank you for including my mom in your prayers. I didn't want to spoil her vacation so she's not aware. She is quite the worrying sort & will need more soothing than I. Your kindness is most appreciated.

I found this wonderful Buddhist prayer a few days ago, that seemed like a lovely sentiment for me to give all of you. Speaks of loving, healing energy sent out returning:

"Meditation even once wipes away beginningless crimes. Where are all the dark paths then? The Pure Land itself is near. Those who hear this truth even once and listen with a grateful heart, treasuring it, revering it, gain blessings without end."

And, that's my wish for you all. Blessings without end.

I'll do my best to answer DM's quickly & check in as often as possible. Thank you all, so much again. And, thank you to those who send silent prayers, too.

Have a great week everyone. Good things are ahead, for us all... VV

Old 09-23-2007, 06:44 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Kittenpurr , I am still sending prayers good vibes and hugs your way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality