Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 02:37 PM

1,005 posts, read 1,889,887 times

Advertisements

Hello All -

I wanted to provide an update & thank you all for your continued kindness throughout my health challenges. I’ve been truly blessed to have had so many nice words from caring people, great doctors & such incredible kindness from so many here I’ve yet to meet. My mom even had 2-3 groups of friends include me in their prayer groups. I'm a strong believer in the power of healing thoughts/wishes/prayers & I’m sure they’ve all added greatly to my recovery.

I have my final cancer check-up tomorrow & was told on Mon, it's now 100% gone. After my Thurs appt, I shouldn't have to return until next year. I'm surprised at how long it’s taken for me to feel energetic again after a year filled with surgical procedures & seemingly non-stop appts, but the surgeon said on Mon that I've healed better than any of his patients. Unbelievably, the scars are barely visible. Unimportant, all things considered, but it helps to reinforce that miracles do happen. It helps that I'm also 30-yrs younger than most of his patients! His face actually lit up when he saw me on Mon as he said I finally looked "normal" again (I’m usually a fairly cheery lass) & walked into his office looking "quite sprightly".

I've even beach walked 3-mi/wk for the past 2-wks. I used to do 3-5 mi/day, but after far too many months of inactivity, 3-mi/wk walking that leaves me feeling invigorated & not spent is fantastic. I begin a very light ballet workout (well-rounded stretching to improve balance/strength) this week, just once/wk & moderate yoga once/wk. I'm a former ballet dancer/teacher, so my muscle memory is still there (I've found much to my pleasant surprise) & I’m very happy to be able to participate again in something that's a passion. I plan to just do what I can & if that means watching more than participating then that’s perfect, too. Just uplifting my mindset is of the utmost importance to me now. I'm afraid to push myself too hard physically, as I have several times within the past year & have relapsed for many weeks each time, so I'm a bit timid. I'm just determined to recover, but have had to learn the hard way that sometimes that means inactivity/rest/sleep. But, I'm currently suited up & awaiting my workout. I’ve even begun sending out resumes for PT work. I think the change in schedule will be the best medicine for me right now, but on an easy-does-it path.

I have another foot surgical procedure next week (just injections) & may need a few more rounds, but have healed nicely from those, too. I'm about 75% improved, pain-wise, which is very encouraging & this in fact, is what finally allowed me to begin walking again. My biggest hurdle right now seems to be an unexplained furious temper & walking around in a state of anger a lot of the time, which has bloody well come from out of nowhere over the past month. I have no idea what on earth it's all about but it’s probably all the stress/fear/worry held in for so long finally coming to the surface. I'm sure exercise will help to abate that pent-up frustration.

In any event, I'll be gone from the site, at least for awhile. I feel the need to retreat, concentrate on healing/goals/next steps in my path & completely heal. All these physical challenges, from which I'll fully recover very soon (I'm almost there), have nonetheless necessitated major changes in plans for me. I was accepted into the best medical school in IR & was looking forward to returning to the UK for good, but had to let it pass due to health. So, I have to put off relocation until next summer, need to re-evaluate career/school goals & complete renovations so I can rent my apt. I'm still too physically weak to engage in social activities & too mentally/emotionally tired to enjoy even light conversation (I strangely feel like people take too much energy out of me), another unusual thing for me as someone who is normally very gregarious & easy going. But, my body/mind/spirit/soul seem to be telling me to go within, slow down, rest, rest & more rest & take care of only myself right now. I don't mean for that to sound apathetic/selfish, just that I'm normally someone who daily stretches myself too thin to help others & I'm learning the meaning of the phrase "Charity begins at home".

I do want to thank you all again so much for such a giving act of setting up an online prayer session. What a brilliantly, kind & selfless gift from so many! I'm still awed & feel certain that it helped. Although I've been onsite little in the past months, I have often sent good thoughts & wishes to those in need. I regularly practice lighting a white candle to send out good wishes to all who need an extra spiritual boost & do kindly appreciate those who’ve been doing the same, for me & others.

My best thoughts & good wishes to those affected by the recent fires. My youngest sister & her family have lost their home to the fire in San Diego this week, so I have firsthand reports of how much need is there. I'm sure many here have been sadly affected, too. It is beautifully encouraging to see how much care is there, too, amongst all the chaos. She's in her 3rd safety haven as they had to keep moving as the fires pushed them further. The kindness of strangers, volunteers & safety workers has made immeasurable difference to her, her family & many others & several loving souls even rousted up small gifts for a makeshift 5th b'day party for her son & a cookie for his dog. The whole shelter sang Happy B'day to him, which is wonderfully loving. Again, small in importance in comparison to all, but she's spoken of these small, meaningful deeds that miraculously happen in every moment, it seems. My prayers for everyone's safety, residents & safety workers & even pets & wildlife. All good thoughts matter & I hope my prayers will help them as much as yours have helped me! I feel incredible gratitude for the same generosity from those of you who've so kindly sent good wishes to me, despite your own day-to-day callenges. Thank you all very much & I return them 100-fold.

Hope to speak to you all again soon.
Have the best ending to 2007 & an even better 2008!

Cheers, then…VV

Last edited by Baltic_Celt; 10-24-2007 at 02:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 03:19 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,573,827 times
I want to give you a big hug and say that is great news Kittenspurr,I am so happy for your total recovery from cancer.

I am sorry about your sister's families home in San Diego due to the fires out in California. I'll be praying for you as well as your sister's family as well as others on the Religious Forum will be praying also.

God Bless You,
Perry

Old 10-24-2007, 03:23 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,266,175 times
Yes, glad to hear the good report! Enjoy your "breather and recoup time." Keep in touch! Blessings and I'll keep you posted on the "mascara situation!" LOL!

Old 10-24-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
I want to give you a big hug and say that is great news Kittenspurr,I am so happy for your total recovery from cancer.

I am sorry about your sister's families home in San Diego due to the fires out in California. I'll be praying for you as well as your sister's family as well as others on the Religious Forum will be praying also.

God Bless You,
Perry
Huge HUGS back to you, Perry! You're a doll! Thank you so much. I appreciate all your good wishes & messages along the way. Thank you too for the good wishes for my sister, her husband & 4-yr old son. We'll all be fine & good wishes always help.

My best to you, too. I'll see everyone again soon.

Have fun... VV

P.S. No doubt in my mind that your prayers, good wishes & happy thoughts have helped in my healing! Thank you & may blessings be returned to you 100-fold!

Old 10-24-2007, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Yes, glad to hear the good report! Enjoy your "breather and recoup time." Keep in touch! Blessings and I'll keep you posted on the "mascara situation!" LOL!
Thank you so much, Kay! I'll be back in awhile. Blessings to you, too & yes, let's keep each other current on the ever important beauty necessities!

Have fun, dear. Thank you kindly for all your prayers! ... VV

Old 10-24-2007, 06:29 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,007,817 times
I am really happy to see things are going so much better for you! It's so encouraging to come on here and read something GOOD! I haven't been posting much in the religion forum lately, and it will most likely stay that way...however, if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to dm me anytime!

My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you! Take care of yourself and stay strong! You're such an inspiration!!!

Old 10-24-2007, 07:07 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,505,098 times
Kitten, I know you may already be gone from the forum, but just in case. I wish you all the blessings of life, laughter and good health..You have touched my life, you have shown me the value of never giving up...

Old 10-24-2007, 09:34 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,666,797 times
Oh kitten, what wonderful news you have! Please know that I wish you all the best and hope that one day you will drop back in and let us know what you are up to. You just focus on YOU and get completely well and rested and gain your strength back, ya hear?

blessings to you....aiangel

Old 10-25-2007, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
I am really happy to see things are going so much better for you! It's so encouraging to come on here and read something GOOD! I haven't been posting much in the religion forum lately, and it will most likely stay that way...however, if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to dm me anytime!

My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you! Take care of yourself and stay strong! You're such an inspiration!!!
Hello Kawg -

Thank you again for your kind & sweet words. I love happy posts, too & since so many of you were so kind to send continual prayers, good thoughts & happy wishes to me, I just wanted to let everyone know how much I appreciate it & how it surely has helped, especially in lifting my spirits.

Oh, I'm not gone for good. I'll be back sometime in the winter once the Boston blizzards hit & I begin hibernation! Probably after Christmas/New Year's. I just wanted to give a head's up, in order to not miss posts/DMs someone might have left.

My best to you, too. See you soon & thank you for the kind words & compliments.

Have fun... VV

Old 10-25-2007, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Kitten, I know you may already be gone from the forum, but just in case. I wish you all the blessings of life, laughter and good health..You have touched my life, you have shown me the value of never giving up...
Hello Blue -

What wonderfully loving & kind comments, thank you so very much. I will be temporarily gone around the weekend, as I wanted to be able to reply to any posts here first.

Life, laughter & good health? I'll take it & wish those for you, as well! Your kindness & graciousness is in abundance in all your posts & means the world to me when expressed so personally. Thank you, indeed.

I'll be back in awhile, for sure.

Until then, many blessings to you... VV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality