Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 01:15 AM

496 posts, read 483,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Christianity is a collective and no one left b/c of the WBC folk or the David Koresh types. These folk are from catholic, to JW to SDA to AOG and all the rest of the sects. Each one seeking truth within their own sect. The consensus is international and not just in the USA.

These are the folk that actually studied and know the bible. All of them sought the slenderest thread to hold onto but in the end there was nothing.

Why do you think atheists have the most biblical knowledge?

Well... wheres the proof ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I suppose you can only do mental sommersaults for so long to justify institutional religion in your own psyche.

Well... Religion,

a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

Above is a description of the word religion. Tell me whats better, above or idea's such in your thread suggesting that you are God or something? (remember, Seeker has just shown dismay of koresh....)

So what"s the atheist position. I get home from work and all thats here is parable sinking, and stuff thats just a total confusion after all my posting this afternoon.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:38 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter-1 View Post
Thousands of extimonies.
Quote:
Seeker has just shown dismay of koresh....
BS that is not what I said. If you are going to participate, I expect you to quote me in context.

Correct this or get reported.

Last edited by SeekerSA; 06-12-2012 at 01:58 AM..

Old 06-12-2012, 01:44 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Well...even if its a parable for the kiddies, whatever floats the boat I guess.
Well, it seems to be convincing a few ex -ministers.

Quote:
Well..where's the proof of what? That ministers are deconverting? That they do. That they have and they will. Not a deluge, not yet, anyway, but the proof is self evident that they, who are supposedly the experts, can't believe what they are paid to teach.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Thousands of extimonies.

Bullsh*t that is not what I said. If you are going to participate, I expect you to quote me in context.

Correct this or get reported.

Good your here... Thousands of extimonies ? participate? I'm trying but confused here, last thread you intimated that you were previously of the RCC faith, but nothing in your entries show any complying theological conformance in knowledge-content...so that seems like trickery Seeker

Last edited by peter-1; 06-12-2012 at 02:04 AM..

Old 06-12-2012, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Well, it seems to be convincing a few ex -ministers.

Well..where's the proof of what? That ministers are deconverting? That they do. That they have and they will. Not a deluge, not yet, anyway, but the proof is self evident that they, who are supposedly the experts, can't believe what they are paid to teach.
Good your here as well.... Proof that were on the same subject...In your own words can you explain what Christianity is exactly?

Old 06-12-2012, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Good your here....last thread you intimated that you were previously of the RCC faith, but nothing in your entries show any complying theological conformance in knowledge-content...so that was trickery Seeker
Where did I claim I was RC? I only said I attended mass twice with GFs. You really need to stop misrepresenting people. I have never been a cathoclic but have discussed theology with many of them and looked at the RCC site to understand the theology of that sect.

Seems like you are just RCBot that has no compunction to lie.

Prove I claimed to be RC or retract publicly.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Where did I claim I was RC? I only said I attended mass twice with GFs. You really need to stop misrepresenting people. I have never been a cathoclic but have discussed theology with many of them and looked at the RCC site to understand the theology of that sect.

Seems like you are just RCBot that has no compunction to lie.

Prove I claimed to be RC or retract publicly.

Nope ....the flow of thread but no matter, there is no theology. No theological language no understood Christian Philosophy put forward for argument at all...so....in your words what exactly is Christianity so were on the same topic

i gotta go

Last edited by peter-1; 06-12-2012 at 02:15 AM.. Reason: Edit...time

Old 06-12-2012, 02:23 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Good your here as well.... Proof that were on the same subject...In your own words can you explain what Christianity is exactly?
You want ME to explain Christianity to YOU? Sunshine, you are struggling to finagle me onto some kind of logical rug sos' you can pull it from under my feet.

All we are saying is that it is significant that a number of Christian ministers do deconvert - Farrell Till is a noted debator and Austin Atheists' TV's Matt Dilllihunty (1), was a former minister, I do seem to recall, and I have read many many deconversion stories by others. And if they said they formerly preached Christianity then you take it up with them what Christianity is exactly. I'm not claiming (I repeat) that it is many of them, but I do claim that it is telling that they should know their Bible and it is knowing it that causes them to doubt it.

Finally, I will answer your question. Christianity is faith in the Bible's claim of Jesus' resurrection from the dead, with the expectation that believing it will save you from death, too. Admiration for Jesus as a moral teacher is also called Christianity but really isn't.

(1) watch him, he's excellent.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 06-12-2012 at 02:40 AM.. Reason: a tidy - up after forum maintenance.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:23 AM

Seems the peter name is appropriate with the rooster crowing and all. Liars for jeebus Inc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality