Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2007, 12:29 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,530,537 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard from Mams in the past couple days. His last post was on the 21st..I know, I know, this is only an internet forum, and we shouldn;t become attachedBut I am not the only one...MAMS, COME HOME NOW!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 09:47 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,287,853 times
We miss you!

Old 09-26-2007, 10:23 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,282,951 times
Where is mams??? He needs to get back here! We might need him to make a post about something!!!

Old 09-26-2007, 10:59 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,896,687 times
I sent him an email, I'll let ya know if I hear anything. He sent me an email a few weeks back saying he was going to take a little break. I know he puts a lot of thought and passion into his posts and I know from experience it takes a lot out of you to do that. Mams is a true brother to me. In Christ of course, but really, I feel more of a brotherhood with many of my brothers in Christ than I do with 'real' family.

Pray for him.

Pray for me.

Let's just pray for each other.

Also, might I suggest that we discuss the brotherhood and family aspect of our relationship with each other through Christ to keep a mod from closing this thread?

Old 09-26-2007, 11:16 AM

Thanks Alpha, "ole mamma hen" here won't worry so much now You are so right about a brotherhood/sisterhood that has developed through this forum among us. I also see that in our prayer thread and in our threads that are just for fun and fellowship. Many times we disagree on matters of religion but don;t seem to hold a grudge (well not for long)..Something I have often wondered about is, what if we all lived in the same community and attended the same church..would we have split? Or would the bond we seem to have here still hold us together? Waiting on thoughts

Old 09-26-2007, 11:36 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,282,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Thanks Alpha, "ole mamma hen" here won't worry so much now You are so right about a brotherhood/sisterhood that has developed through this forum among us. I also see that in our prayer thread and in our threads that are just for fun and fellowship. Many times we disagree on matters of religion but don;t seem to hold a grudge (well not for long)..Something I have often wondered about is, what if we all lived in the same community and attended the same church..would we have split? Or would the bond we seem to have here still hold us together? Waiting on thoughts
We love each other! I don't know about us all being in the same church though!

Alpha, glad to get the report that mams may be just taking a break. After blue mentioned it, I did begin to get concerned that maybe he was sick or something. So hopefully, that's not the case.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:37 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,795,725 times
Red face You guys...

Okay, okay....I get it

All this attention is flattering and embarassing. What must the other posters on this forum think? I guess I just have it in my head I'm no one special and I don't affect anyone. Well, you've all proven me wrong. Guess I'll have to re-think that one.

As for the "family in Christ" thoughts... it's true. Some of you have become closer to me in that regard than RL people. I truly think there's more fellowship on this forum than I get at my church! Seriously, I've not been attending for a while (due to some serious issues I've seen occur) and you know what? Not a call or anything. But here, I'm gone a few days and you all are beating the bushes looking for me. I'm truly touched and honored.

As the Word says, we should not foresake gathering together for support. I was starting to do that. But I'm being drawn back by your love and support. You are all showing the love Christ tells us to show. Thanks. I'll be praying for you all.

Blessings to all

Old 09-26-2007, 08:11 PM

Well, Mams, we are glad you're back. You are right, the bible does say we should not forsake gathering together for support Doesn't it also say that where two or three are gathered in My name? Here we are..

The men who wrote the new testament had no idea of the communication that God had planned so his children around the world could pray, and fellowship, and spread the greatest commandment around the world in an instant

Old 09-26-2007, 08:34 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,287,853 times
Default A mams "sighting!" Welcome back!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post

I guess I just have it in my head I'm no one special and I don't affect anyone. Well, you've all proven me wrong. Guess I'll have to re-think that one.
Yipee!

June is glad to see you back!

Oh, and by the way, in "rethinking" your effect on others, don't forget about that fishing thing...

Take gentle care,
-June

Old 09-26-2007, 08:34 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,673,921 times
I say Amen, and Amen blue. We can and do hold Bible studies and discuss Biblical theology right here. And ya know what???? I get more out of these forum posts at times than I do while attending a RL church!

God is with this group, I can feel it and I know you can as well.

Welcome back mams, man, you gotta let us know when you gonna go hide for a while, otherwise we get a tad bit worried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality