Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2012, 09:56 PM

88,508 posts, read 84,673,021 times

Advertisements

Stop knocking the goatherders. If you were given a herd of goats to take care of, would YOU know what to do?

Personally, I think there'd be a lot of missing or dead goats from the herd, and you'd be sitting there scratching your beard saying, "oh snap, I guess I should have been paying better attention."

Old 07-03-2012, 11:34 PM

267 posts, read 216,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Stop knocking the goatherders. If you were given a herd of goats to take care of, would YOU know what to do?

Personally, I think there'd be a lot of missing or dead goats from the herd, and you'd be sitting there scratching your beard saying, "oh snap, I guess I should have been paying better attention."
Paying better attention to what?

Old 07-03-2012, 11:45 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,802,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
I can't see the name Socrates anymore without thinking of this movie. I am ruined.
...which also taught us everything we need to know about how to all live together in peace:

Bill and Ted and Abe - YouTube

...and which I'm pretty sure is the gist of what Jesus the man was saying too, before 2000 years of power-hungry crooks took his good idea and used it as bait to snare and hold onto unsuspecting folks within their various institutions.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:48 AM

1,743 posts, read 2,158,788 times
Quote:
Yes! I would write a fantasy novel, and pass it off as the words of a god who happens to share all the same like, dislikes and prejudices that I do.

Quote:
No, I'm pretty sure I could manage the goats quite nicely. It's not rocket surgery, and I'm smarter than the bronze age goat herders AND their god.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Na'vi View Post
Paying better attention to what?
Um, the goats. And where they went and what might have been carrying them off.

Just saying, don't knock someone else's profession unless you've walked in their sandals.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Yes! I would write a fantasy novel, and pass it off as the words of a god who happens to share all the same like, dislikes and prejudices that I do.

No, I'm pretty sure I could manage the goats quite nicely. It's not rocket surgery, and I'm smarter than the bronze age goat herders AND their god.
LOL, good answer, good answer.

I don't know about smarter, though. People often knock the ancients, cavemen, etc. Most people couldn't start a fire without matches or a bic lighter, or find their own plant food, or hunt and dress their own meat, or make their own clothing. Just sayin'.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:54 AM

1,220 posts, read 986,611 times
Default Ah yes, the value of C versus K!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Y'see, folks (to take on lw's folksy tone...). Instead of directly answering and debating my points as I specifically did with did his, he immediately goes to the ad hominem attack.

Proving, good people, that he's fundamentally incapable of conducting a normal straightforward debate of his own points. Having once blurted his incorrect and easily disproven points out, he then runs away, hurtling insults over his shoulder as he retreats back into his dark cave of dispair and denial.

Heaven forbid he should actually address my logical rebuttals, huh? (A desperate & frantic fear of losing all one's arguments on line, in front of everyone, in logical progression, is a nasty and debilitating pathology, obviously...)

Yuppers, an impressive strategy, lil' guy!. Unfortunately, it's also ineffective.

(BTW, it's Socrates, not Sokrates. At least try to get your snarky & little-minded ad homs spelled right, and lest you argumentatively disagree on that: SO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediacrates
Takin on my folksy tone? Ewe kopykat ewe!! What you call an attack I consider a defense. As for your alleged "points"...you never actually made any grounded in Christ.
This is quite curious, because on the one hand, much like Atlas, you are struggling to push G-d and His Christ away from ruling over you...while on the other hand, from the rocky ground of evoatheism you make an appeal for "Heaven to forbid." A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
Now rm, I can easily point out your pathology on line, in front of everyone, in logical progression.

1. You believed a false promise submitting to satans philosophical paradigm...then, along with all of the other serpent worshippers, you relied on your mind only, thinking that you can figure out all things and solve the riddle of existence and the origins of all life. This promise satan made is a philosophical appeal to human pride...Yea hath G-d said?
You have become so calloused by pride that you no longer recognize evoatheism as irrational.

2. You were threatened into accepting the taboo against postulating a Creator, otherwise you cannot be a scientist.

By reason of the charm and the threat you have become, in my opinion, a coldhearted snob who favors totalitarian rule by an intellectual elite of evoatheists' who in reality worship the serpent.
Strange infatuation...

Old 07-04-2012, 08:01 AM

267 posts, read 216,356 times
Ssssssssssssssssssssss.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:34 AM

434 posts, read 342,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Takin on my folksy tone? Ewe kopykat ewe!! What you call an attack I consider a defense. As for your alleged "points"...you never actually made any grounded in Christ.
This is quite curious, because on the one hand, much like Atlas, you are struggling to push G-d and His Christ away from ruling over you...while on the other hand, from the rocky ground of evoatheism you make an appeal for "Heaven to forbid." A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
Now rm, I can easily point out your pathology on line, in front of everyone, in logical progression.

1. You believed a false promise submitting to satans philosophical paradigm...then, along with all of the other serpent worshippers, you relied on your mind only, thinking that you can figure out all things and solve the riddle of existence and the origins of all life. This promise satan made is a philosophical appeal to human pride...Yea hath G-d said?
You have become so calloused by pride that you no longer recognize evoatheism as irrational.

2. You were threatened into accepting the taboo against postulating a Creator, otherwise you cannot be a scientist.

By reason of the charm and the threat you have become, in my opinion, a coldhearted snob who favors totalitarian rule by an intellectual elite of evoatheists' who in reality worship the serpent.
Strange infatuation...
I absolutely see the attraction in pissing them off enough to get hysterical responses of this ^^ magnitude.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:05 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,158,788 times
Quote:
Um, the goats. And where they went and what might have been carrying them off.
They were probably carried off by contemporaries of the bronze age ignorants who needed them as sacrifices to their Bible's bloodthirsty god.

Quote:
Just saying, don't knock someone else's profession unless you've walked in their sandals.
No one's knocking their profession, just their ignorance of the world and reality. Kinda connects with what this thread is about..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.