Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 02:37 PM

311 posts, read 605,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
No idea. Get back to us when Christians in America are actually persecuted and we'll try and figure out the cause.
We are already persecuted in America today by the minority atheists and other non-Christians. Media is one example that always bash us Christians all the time

Old 07-09-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
you are 80% of the population you are the minority you own tv stations and radio stations and newspapers quit your bloody whining and somebody who hated Jews for not believing in your mythical Jesus have no business crying persecution so stop whining nobody is taking away your right to believe in your Jesus

Just because we are the majority does not mean we are not being persecuted.
It's always the minority that persecute the majority all the time. Take a look at the atheists trying to sue Christians all the time for showing their belief in public despite America being a Christian nations. Leave us alone and let us express our belief and opinion!
The more unbiblical and unGodly this nation turns into, the more problems and issues will be caused in our society.

atheists insult Christians all the time with their billboards and messages and other stuff.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
If you can't raise your children with your faith based on what you teach them at home, that's the weakness of your religion IMO. It's not because we took forced prayer time out of public school. Get over it. More is coming. You've outstepped your bounds. Your going to have to start living like the rest of us Americans do whether you like it or not.
We are being persecuted and scared to pray in public because of the atheists! We get sued, attacked and being targeted all the time. This is dangerous for our children. I don't want my children to even know what "Atheism" means. Unfortunately there are few satanic people out there shoveling their nonbelief in our throats all the time and tries to turn America into an atheist nation just like communist countries that exists today and in history.

All Christians needs to stop being tolerant and nice to everyone, because the more nice and tolerant we are, the more we will be persecuted.

Why can't atheists be like European atheists? European countries have only Christian holidays/cultures, etc. yet nobody opens their mouth. Ignore first amendment - all founding fathers are dead anyway.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:12 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior king View Post
It's called irony hoss. You should upgrade your sarcasm detection skills. FYI that was also sarcasm.

Btw, I was an English major at a highly regarded liberal arts university. There were no bonus points for believing in god.

Thanks for admitting you are confused. But it was already pretty obvious....

Also, Im writing on an iPad. Sometimes I sacrifice grammar or speling for speed. Get over it.
Your education is evident from your writing skills.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:23 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
We are being persecuted and scared to pray in public because of the atheists! We get sued, attacked and being targeted all the time. This is dangerous for our children. I don't want my children to even know what "Atheism" means. Unfortunately there are few satanic people out there shoveling their nonbelief in our throats all the time and tries to turn America into an atheist nation just like communist countries that exists today and in history.

All Christians needs to stop being tolerant and nice to everyone, because the more nice and tolerant we are, the more we will be persecuted.

Why can't atheists be like European atheists? European countries have only Christian holidays/cultures, etc. yet nobody opens their mouth. Ignore first amendment - all founding fathers are dead anyway.
You can provide some credible links to this astounding information, can't you?
Why can't c's be like Euroc's - keep it to yourself and in your churches and out of the political arena and public?

Yes, your christ preached hatred and violence.
Good catch with that.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:46 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,940,422 times
Quote:
you are not being persecuted stop the persecution complex

Quote:
It's always the minority that persecute the majority all the time. Take a look at the atheists trying to sue Christians all the time for showing their belief in public despite America being a Christian nations. Leave us alone and let us express our belief and opinion!
the minority don't have the political power to persecute the majority learn some political science instead of repeating nonsense you heard from the christian dominionist right

Quote:
The more unbiblical and unGodly this nation turns into, the more problems and issues will be caused in our society.

secular ungoldy and athiests nations are more stable, have higher quality of life than religion nations. Japan, countries of Scandinavia and Canada have low crime rates, lower poverty rates, lower STD rates, more educated population, less income equality, lower poverty rate, higher life expectancy, and low abortion rates. in Japan a woman can walk alone at night.

Quote:

Societies worse off 'when they have God on their side' - Bodybuilding.com Forums

RELIGIOUS belief can cause damage to a society, contributing towards high murder rates, abortion, sexual promiscuity and suicide, according to research published today.

According to the study, belief in and worship of God are not only unnecessary for a healthy society but may actually contribute to social problems.

Gregory Paul, the author of the study and a social scientist, used data from the International Social Survey Programme, Gallup and other research bodies to reach his conclusions.

He compared social indicators such as murder rates, abortion, suicide and teenage pregnancy.

The study concluded that the US was the world?s only prosperous democracy where murder rates were still high, and that the least devout nations were the least dysfunctional. Mr Paul said that rates of gonorrhoea in adolescents in the US were up to 300 times higher than in less devout democratic countries. The US also suffered from ? uniquely high? adolescent and adult syphilis infection rates, and adolescent abortion rates, the study suggested.

Mr Paul said: ?The study shows that England, despite the social ills it has, is actually performing a good deal better than the USA in most indicators, even though it is now a much less religious nation than America.?

He said that the disparity was even greater when the US was compared with other countries, including France, Japan and the Scandinavian countries. These nations had been the most successful in reducing murder rates, early mortality, sexually transmitted diseases and abortion, he added.

Quote:
atheists insult Christians all the time with their billboards and messages and other stuff.
Christians always insult non-believers telling us that were are immoral, depraved, sinful without thier Jesus and say we deserve eternal torture if we don't convert to your hateful, religion. people have been disowned and obstracized by thier christian parents and relatives for not believe in the christian god, non-believers often have to put up with unwanted proselytizing from family members not taking no for an answer some them also experienced christian parents trying to brainwashed their children and telling them how to raise their children according to their christian religion.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:50 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,516,560 times
Quote:
We are already persecuted in America today by the minority atheists and other non-Christians. Media is one example that always bash us Christians all the time
Baloney. You are merely suffering from Crucifixation™.

Crucifixation™ (n.) A state of mental duress, usually inside a fundamentalist Christian brain, that admires blood, guts, suffering, agony, drinking blood of God and eating His body, and usually wishes to be crucified and martyred him or herself

Old 07-09-2012, 04:31 PM

33,542 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:

Really now? Let's compare...

Atheist billboard.

Christian billboard...

Christian sign...

Atheist sign..

Old 07-09-2012, 04:40 PM

33,542 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Atheist protest...

Christian protest...

Old 07-09-2012, 05:03 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,608 times
Quote:
HOW ARE YOU BEING PERSECUTED BY US? Even the combined voice of atheists and non-christians is but a whisper to the voice of the Christian majority.

Quote:

America is not a christian nation. It is a nation of religious freedom. This means that we are free to believe and practice or not believe and not practice any religion we want. You want to be left alone to express an opinion and want others to be forced to share that opinion. By making laws and putting your beliefs in the textbooks of schools you are forcing others to believe what you do. The only just laws and educations are ones that are free from religious belief.

And the more the Christians push their opinions on others the more problems and issues it will cause. Let people be, let them live their life how they see fit. If it isn't harming anyone then it isn't an issue. The more unbiblical and ungodly this nation becomes the better off it will be. Atheists billboards are offensive? Do you find a billboard with scriptures to be offensive? I don't. I see Christians signs like, "Jesus is the only way." I don't find this offensive. But to you a sign that says, "Are you good without god? Millions are." is offensive. The signs just inform people that there are others out there that will support you.

Quote:
Praying in public is okay as long as you don't force people to pray with you. I don't even have a problem when someone says they are praying for me. Feel free. But Schools, government buildings and public places that have multiple beliefs should be respected and free from prayer. I don't care if the majority is Christian. Did you know the bible discourages public prayer? I have had Christian groups come up to me and ask if they can pray with me. I kindly decline. Some will walk away and leave it be, I am ok with these christians. The ones that offend me are the ones that ask, "why?" and then start to tell me why I should follow their religion. I also have a problem with public preaching when the preacher is attacking other people for living the lifestyle they want. You don't want your kids to know what atheism means? Why? Because you don't want to allow them to choose? I don't want my kids to be taught creation or biblical history, I don't want them to be comfortable with being ignorant. Satanic? Let me guess, anyone who doesn't follow your bible is satanic. In order to be satanic you have to believe in satan. I don't and I can only assume that other atheists share this lack of belief in satan as well as a lack of belief in god.

Atheism does not mean satan worhip. It is not communist, it is not some dark evil path that will lead everyone to a fiery grave. It's actually the christians that would form a communist nation. Many christians I know equate atheism and belief in alternative gods and religions to be the same as murder and would sentence them all to death. Would you?

Quote:
So be as unlike the jesus in your bible as possible. Wow, not really christian is it? A christian is a follower of christ, so WWJD?

Quote:
So you would silence any opinion that is not the same as your own. hmmm... isn't that communism?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality