Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 11:48 AM

32 posts, read 24,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
They say a picture says a thousand words....Here are a few thousand words for you..

Nazi photos
Goebbels was a master PR/propagandist. Poised pictures prove vey little about what hitler truly believed.

I've heard it all now. atheists BELIEVE hitler did what he did because of Christianity? Amazing. Talk about believing in nonsense.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:00 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,574,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior king View Post
I wouldn't do that because I don't believe the act of one person is indicative of all others. Otherwise we are all murdereers and child molesters, right? If you think there is an epidemic of atheists being beat up by cops and others just for being atheist, then please do share. I guarantee you this is not a position ednorsed, favored, supported or advocated by the vast majority of Christians. There are millions if not billions of Christians. Therefore it is inevitable there will be some weirdos and psychos amongst us. It's called humanity.

Your calling to undo Christianity will be hugely unsuccessful, I predict. (posted in response to PoppySead)
What I'm trying to undo isn't Christianity, it's only the infiltration into my countries ideals, it doesn't belong there, it belongs with you. It's your relationship with God, I don't have to be saved by you, nor did I ask for it.

You are correct that I am only trying to stop those Christians who feel as if they are superior in making decisions for a country free from a majorities rule and philosophy about my soul and who needs saving. I'm not trying to stop religion. Just making sure every religion and people who chose to lack religion are treated fairly and equally in this country. Religious preference has nothing to do with character of a president or any other for that matter.

You want a war from us, the fact that we don't give it to you seems to upset you even further. Like I've said, that's your deal. Not ours. We aren't crusaders.

It's pretty simple actually. You want respect, and the right to believe what you want without influence in this countries policies or politics. So do we. I'm still waiting to hear what is wrong with that. I've yet to get an answer. I'll just wait................

Old 07-10-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
What I'm trying to undo isn't Christianity, it's only the infiltration into my countries ideals, it doesn't belong there, it belongs with you. It's your relationship with God, I don't have to be saved by you, nor did I ask for it.

You are correct that I am only trying to stop those Christians who feel as if they are superior in making decisions for a country free from a majorities rule and philosophy about my soul and who needs saving. I'm not trying to stop religion. Just making sure every religion and people who chose to lack religion are treated fairly and equally in this country. Religious preference has nothing to do with character of a president or any other for that matter.

You want a war from us, the fact that we don't give it to you seems to upset you even further. Like I've said, that's your deal. Not ours. We aren't crusaders.

It's pretty simple actually. You want respect, and the right to believe what you want without influence in this countries policies or politics. So do we. I'm still waiting to hear what is wrong with that. I've yet to get an answer. I'll just wait................
We don't want war with your group. That is paranoia.

Tell me how you've been denied the right to be an atheist. I am curious. As far as I know Scientology is pretty weird and no one is stopping anyone from believing in it.

Politics and policies do not exist in a bubble. There are a myriad of influences. Religion is part of it, as is views on taxes, gun control, free trade, healtcjare, etc. No one gets to pick and choose what counts and what doesn't. People define that, en masse.

You will get respect when you display it. Most atheist posters here are quite rude and engage in name calling and insults of Christians/theists. This creates discord, not understanding, or respect, no matter the argument at hand.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:30 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,321,083 times
Quote:
More assuming on your part. Bad habit you have, sweetie. Lol

Now, try and respond without using the words ignorant, hateful, bigoted, foolish, and their synonyms. I'm highly confident it's not within your "skill set".
When someone refuses to accept something that has overwhelming evidence that it is fact, they are being either ignorant, hateful, bigoted, or just plain foolish.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessQQmorePEWPEW View Post
people fear (and rightly so in this case) what they do not (or refuse to) understand.

simple. next question?
No, we don't fear anything. We just want to see what crazy talk the religious people will say next.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:41 PM

Default Ii

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
When someone refuses to accept something that has overwhelming evidence that it is fact, they are being either ignorant, hateful, bigoted, or just plain foolish.
I know. Anyone who doesn't agree with your pov is all these things. It's why opposing sports fans kill each other, and why OJ was acquitted. Sure.......

It doesn't matter the disagreement. Using such terms creates animosity, not acquiesnce. Is that what you think? You can berate, cajole, insult and demean your way to victory? If so, Your fundamental lack of an understanding of human nature is disturbing, your opinion of religion not withstanding.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
We don't want war with your group. That is paranoia.

Tell me how you've been denied the right to be an atheist. I am curious. As far as I know Scientology is pretty weird and no one is stopping anyone from believing in it.

Politics and policies do not exist in a bubble. There are a myriad of influences. Religion is part of it, as is views on taxes, gun control, free trade, healtcjare, etc. No one gets to pick and choose what counts and what doesn't. People define that, en masse.

You will get respect when you display it. Most atheist posters here are quite rude and engage in name calling and insults of Christians/theists. This creates discord, not understanding, or respect, no matter the argument at hand.
Scientologists haven't tried to force their beliefs into schools and law. Christians have. I have never had a Scientologist try to falsify history.

Calling someone ignorant when they are ignorant is not name calling. It's called pointing out a fact.

You refuse to admit that Hitler was a Christian even though you have been given overwhelming evidence. The fact that the majority of historians agree that Hitler was an Christian and the photos to prove it, and you still deny it, shows ignorance.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:45 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,470,166 times
Quote:
Naaah, it was just an observation of mine. Vry obvious your agenda.

You, on the other, always feel compelled to roll out the insults and attacks. Is there ever a post you DON'T use the word "ignorance" when addressing a Christian?

Ps: great way to build bridges.
Some day you might figure out why Of course I typically only address the theists that are demonstrating the willful ignorance of christianity, for these are the dangerous ones.

Last edited by Asheville Native; 07-10-2012 at 12:54 PM..

Old 07-10-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
I know. Anyone who doesn't agree with your pov is all these things. It's why opposing sports fans kill each other, and why OJ was acquitted. Sure.......

It doesn't matter the disagreement. Using such terms creates animosity, not acquiesnce. Is that what you think? You can berate, cajole, insult and demean your way to victory? If so, Your fundamental lack of an understanding of human nature is disturbing, your opinion of religion not withstanding.
I have no issue with religion. I think most religions are fascinating. But if someone is being ignorant I am going to point it out. I would expect others to do the same for me. To be called ignorant isn't an insult, it's a simpler way of saying a person with little to no knowledge or understanding of a topic at hand. That is all.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:54 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,924,575 times
Quote:
Goebbels was a master PR/propagandist. Poised pictures prove vey little about what hitler truly believed.

I've heard it all now. atheists BELIEVE hitler did what he did because of Christianity? Amazing. Talk about believing in nonsense.
Many Mafioso go to Catholic church too. They murder many people then go to confession like a good Christian and ask for forgiveness. Are they truly Christian? Only God knows. Personally, I wouldn't consider them Christian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.