Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 04:15 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanoid View Post
Hrm, yeah... an insult to the armed forces, free speech and the iraq war dead... not much of a joke.
1. It was a joke.
2. How is it an insult?
3. I'm pretty sure most of the posts in response were joking.
4. Follow the directions for the Vicodin. I thought that made people happy.

Honestly I think most of your posts are kinda funny.. you stir the pot but I have to say.. it doesn't seem like you like your pot stirred..

Just my opinion..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 04:18 PM

679 posts, read 1,439,679 times
Be careful. Enough vicodin and you may have a religious experience.

You brought your laptop to the gym and watched a video while you worked out? I've now heard everything. Thank you. Sometimes I worry I'm a huge nerd but bringing a laptop to the gym? Nice. I feel much better about myself now.

Take it easy there. Maybe try jumping rope once you're better instead of the elliptical. Better aerobic workout AND you get to improve your balance and coordination at the same time.
Another bonus - won't need to bring your laptop, which might help your chances at catching the attention of someone at the gym.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:22 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,182,701 times
I thought it was a joke that most servicemen would think was funny. It's an old joke. It's been around long before this mess in Iraq started.

I think the old punch line was something like "you didn't say what He had to use."

Old 09-27-2007, 04:26 PM

443 posts, read 1,541,461 times
Well, I shoot for a 1400 calorie session the elliptical, and it gets wicked boring after 90 minutes.
Watching dvds while I work out is what keeps me going!

I like to have my pot stirred, I just took offense to that anecdote for a few reasons.

Mainly because: if god is defending the troops, why are there nearly 4000 coalition dead?

Anyway, I'll take any atheist jokes you have to dish out in the joke thread.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:35 PM

To lighten the mood:

One day the zoo-keeper noticed that the orangutan was reading two books - the Bible and Darwin's Origin of Species.

Surprised, he asked the ape, "Why are you reading both those books?"

"Well," said the orangutan, "I just wanted to know if I was my brother's keeper or my keeper's brother."

Did you hear about the creationist coyote? It chewed off three legs and was still caught in the trap!

Old 09-27-2007, 04:48 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,864,590 times
Quote:
Mainly because: if god is defending the troops, why are there nearly 4000 coalition dead?
Why did he allow his Son to suffer and die on the cross? Because it was HIS WILL.

You can be sure he is protecting our 200,000 troops because they have faith in him, and those who have lost their lives is because that's God's will for them.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:50 PM

and there goes the lightened mood...

Old 09-27-2007, 04:57 PM

679 posts, read 1,439,679 times
and Allah is protecting either the Sunnis or the Shiites, depending on who you ask. Personally, if there's someone up there in the protection business, they're doing a really lousy job. No matter who you believe in, you're odds aren't that good.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:11 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,621,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post

You can be sure he is protecting our 200,000 troops because they have faith in him...
All 200,000 of them have faith in God? I presume that would be the God of the Bible. I could be wrong, but I rather suspect that there are undoubtedly a number of atheists, agnostics, Muslims, Native Americans who have their own religious beliefs, (that don't include Jesus), etc. Not really trying to pick at you, Mag. Just thought that was a bit of a broad statement.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:10 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,421,413 times
Quote:
Wow. Thats offensive on so many different levels.

My brother, a marine (and an atheist) is a proud member of both the NRA and ACLU.

And no, I don't blame god (mainly because I don't believe a god exists), or see my clumsiness as divine retribution.

Some people need to learn to recognize a *joke* when they see one.
Oh, puhleeeeze!

Ummmm, "Hello, Kettle? This is the Pot. You're black!"

So what is this? YOU'RE allowed to make a joke about God, but he's not allowed to make a joke about the marines? Get real.

Father in Heaven, help me. This new "kinder, gentler, more loving attitude" approach I'm striving to take in my posts is going to be a bit of a challenge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality