Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 10:33 PM

116 posts, read 372,307 times

Advertisements

Vicodin for a sprain?! Cmon now suck it up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 11:20 PM

443 posts, read 1,541,078 times
Well, my ankle is purple, and is about 30% wider than normal... doctor says torn ligaments.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:28 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,227,664 times
So I guess only a marine tell that marine joke?
Like only blacks can call each other n____r?

(in my best dubyaSpeak impersonation): If you cant stand the heat, you shouldn't try to make out with the cook.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:18 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,381,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post

The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the Marine and asked, "What the heck is the matter with you? Why did you do that?" The Marine calmly replied, "God was too busy today protecting America 's soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid ***** and act like an a**.. So, He sent me."
I wonder how many soldiers died that day because God was too busy to protect them.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:28 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,373,269 times
This really is highly amusing and i've known people that could relate not as a joke but on the level, but those same people would not be thanking god if they won the lottery or had a good wife or husband or friend. lol...people are funny in their interpretation of life.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:29 AM

14,955 posts, read 9,790,824 times
I see it as an "Amen" for the armed forces, defending God, and respecting the oath taken as a Marine.

Semper Fi

Old 09-28-2007, 11:03 AM

679 posts, read 1,439,386 times
Quote:
I see it as an "Amen" for the armed forces, defending God...
The job of the US Marines is to defend god?

It is offensive that the armed forces have some god bit in their oaths, but it's not mandatory. Thing is, they don't tell you that. They can't deny you your right to omit it, but some are afraid to, especially in the current climate that's being reported in the US military. Mikey Weinstein heads a group investigating all allegations by servicemen and women of religious violations, the worst being allegations that non christians and atheists are sent on the most dangerous patrols and missions, sometimes ill equipped.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:16 AM

72,409 posts, read 18,196,480 times
God talks to you in different ways. In your life journey,you go through obsticles,hard times.It's God that is doing that to you to help you learn.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:22 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
God talks to you in different ways. In your life journey,you go through obsticles,hard times.It's God that is doing that to you to help you learn.
Exactly! Thank you DragonTen.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:55 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyChief View Post
The job of the US Marines is to defend god?

It is offensive that the armed forces have some god bit in their oaths, but it's not mandatory. Thing is, they don't tell you that. They can't deny you your right to omit it, but some are afraid to, especially in the current climate that's being reported in the US military. Mikey Weinstein heads a group investigating all allegations by servicemen and women of religious violations, the worst being allegations that non christians and atheists are sent on the most dangerous patrols and missions, sometimes ill equipped.

And we also weren't told that we could get out of the military up to the point we were given the class on the UCMJ in basic training. Up to that point we could've walked off the base or not shown up to training and no criminal charges would have been filed. Yeah I was in the military and served my country in the Air Force overseas. There are a lot of Christians in the military and many people who like me didn't know or care about God...until I entered the military. People of all faiths co-exist in the military and are extremely respectful of one another...moreso than outside the military. There is a standard code of conduct we are all required to follow...and that included religious.

During training we were highly encouraged to attend church on Sundays, but could stay in the barracks if we chose. Many of us went because it was an activity that was fun. That was the beginning of my leaving the Catholic church because I found God more appealing in a different denomination. Same God, different way of showing who he truly is.

So if you've never been in the military...even if you know someone or are related to someone, you have no idea whatsoever what it is like, and why we turn to God. Maybe we see/saw something that you can't because your life was not put on the line daily (whether in war or peace time).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality