Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2022, 06:21 PM

50,812 posts, read 24,321,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
that is the very same mindset. simplistic. shallow. superficial. and shows a remarkable lack of depth.

And then there's your woo.

Old 05-23-2022, 06:26 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And then there's your woo.
"religionist" "god-ist" "woo"

when a person can use grown-up words,
then we can have a grown-up conversation.

Old 05-23-2022, 06:28 PM

15,965 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Could be. Can you point out any poster who does nor believe in a God that is seriosly blaming God for everything?
Is this a trick question? Why don’t YOU go do a search and come back and tell us the number of no-godists claiming god is responsible for all the bad things happening. You can startvwith the thread that claims god is responsible for the screwed up world. Is the OP a non-godist? The heck i know. Find out.

Old 05-23-2022, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
the only thing more ridiculous than blaming god for everything,
is people who don't believe in god, blaming god for everything.
Actually, you're not really being accurate in regard to what some of us are saying.

You seem to forget that most of the scientists who develop various types of warfare, including atomic and nuclear weapons are...christians or Jewish.

The only world leader to, thus far, use an atomic bomb...was a christian.

Most of the military leaders on our side (at least) that conduct our wars...are christians.

The Congress that has approved almost every actual war is made up predominantly of christians.

Old 05-23-2022, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Actually, you're not really being accurate in regard to what some of us are saying.

You seem to forget that most of the scientists who develop various types of warfare, including atomic and nuclear weapons are...christians or Jewish.

The only world leader to, thus far, use an atomic bomb...was a christian.

Most of the military leaders on our side (at least) that conduct our wars...are christians.

The Congress that has approved almost every actual war is made up predominantly of christians.
How do you know they are all believers? You were a christian once, weren’t you? Arent you claiming religion is on the decline? So who is making the bombs now?

Old 05-23-2022, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
How do you know they are all believers? You were a christian once, weren’t you? Arent you claiming religion is on the decline? So who is making the bombs now?
Isn't the American government (president and Congress) almost entirely christian? Aren't they the ones ordering the weapons systems?

[And by the way, I'm not saying we shouldn't have a strong military]. But let's face it, on the Western side of the equation, the wars and weapons are developed and directed primarily by people who are christians.

And it isn't just in the West. I am saddened when I see Buddhist monks blessing armaments. And please don't tell me that all the military leaders in India are atheists.

Old 05-23-2022, 06:39 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Is this a trick question? Why don’t YOU go do a search and come back and tell us the number of no-godists claiming god is responsible for all the bad things happening. You can startvwith the thread that claims god is responsible for the screwed up world. Is the OP a non-godist? The heck i know. Find out.
Not a trick question. I was responding to a claim made in this thread. If the two of you wish to make clains without backing so be it, not my job to fact check you on all your posts.

Old 05-23-2022, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Isn't the American government (president and Congress) almost entirely christian? Aren't they the ones ordering the weapons systems?

[And by the way, I'm not saying we shouldn't have a strong military]. But let's face it, on the Western side of the equation, the wars and weapons are developed and directed primarily by people who are christians.

And it isn't just in the West. I am saddened when I see Buddhist monks blessing armaments. And please don't tell me that all the military leaders in India are atheists.
So now it is not god who is responsible but all those Christians, Hindus and Buddhists. You are right. They are all, without exception, people. People with strong free will who have the power wreak havoc. They are causing the misery using science. It is not science that is to be blamed, knowledge is divine. It is the people exercising free will. Not god, or dharma, or Ishvara.

Old 05-23-2022, 06:46 PM

Here's the point.

We atheists don't blame god for all the bad things that go on for one simple reason: we don't believe there is a god.

What we object to is religionists who praise god as the source of all good things, but then want to blame some one else for all the bad things. That's not a balanced viewpoint.

All the bad things that are done in this country, regardless of what we are talking about, are done by a cross-section of Americans and people living in this country. And you religionists want to keep bragging about your overwhelming numbers. Well, okay...your overwhelming numbers are also overwhelmingly involved in crime, violence, etc. Are you folks telling us that the priests and ministers who sexually abused children and other adults were not christians? They were just disguised?

There is an awfully lot of religious violence in the Old Testament. And who wrote the OT? People representing christianity. Are you telling us that all the murders each day are committed only by atheists?

If you want to tell me that the people committed the crimes and wars aren't following the code of christinaity...okay...I'll accept that. But then don't turn around and brag about your numbers.

Old 05-23-2022, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Not a trick question. I was responding to a claim made in this thread. If the two of you wish to make clains without backing so be it, not my job to fact check you on all your posts.
If you want evidence it is right in front of you. Start with the thread I suggested, and stop asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality