Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2022, 10:51 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's a very strange presumption to make. And frankly, a couple of examples of answers to the question, are right under your nose. You're not even trying to think.
Thank you Ruth!

Old 05-24-2022, 11:10 AM

15,968 posts, read 7,032,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Oh it gets better than that. Recently a bible-quotin' poster with the biggest superiority complex I've seen on this forum--and that says a lot--clearly and specifically expressed their desire that another member would get into a "debilitating accident".

In keeping with the actual topic of this thread, that poster does indeed believe that their religion and their specific version of that religion, namely, fundamentalism, is the right religion.

If these so-right Christians are looking to put nails in the coffins of those of us who are going through a time of shaken faith, they are doing a fine job.
Well, when I was struggling to get an appointment for the first Covid vaccine, like many others did at the time, and expressed my frustration in a post an athiest said he hoped i never get the vaccine. Quite shocking actually and that is why I-remember it. No i am not going to dig it up but when he reads this, and he will, he will know whom I am talking about.
Mean people are everywhere and they will pop into your life when least expected. Karma.

Old 05-24-2022, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Well, when I was struggling to get an appointment for the first Covid vaccine, like many others did at the time, and expressed my frustration in a post an athiest said he hoped i never get the vaccine. Quite shocking actually and that is why I-remember it. No i am not going to dig it up but when he reads this, and he will, he will know whom I am talking about.
Mean people are everywhere and they will pop into your life when least expected. Karma.
You create your own karma, others do not create it for you.

Old 05-24-2022, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
True and thanks for trying to make this point yet again, but the goal there was not to actually suggest I am feeling inferior. She knows better. The goal is to be stubborn as usual. To deny the acting superior and instead suggest it's all a judgement born from a sense of inferiority.

Reminds me of the advice or defense an FBI friend of mine once described to me...

"Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter accusations."

Doesn't miss a trick!
Whether I am lofty, your word, or acting superior is in your mind. Only two people have said this to me in the whole of CD. Both in this forum. You may need to look into your own self and figure out why you feel inferior when I disagree with you, and point out things you truly do not seem to understand. Maybe you think nobody can teach you anything. Maybe that is true.

Old 05-24-2022, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You create your own karma, others do not create it for you.
The occurrence of meanness is something we all have to endure one time or another, because that is our karma phala, fruit of karma, the other half. The mean person is the deliverer of your karma phala. Endure it and move on cleansed. Return kindness.

Old 05-24-2022, 11:34 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
That I agree with 100%. In every religion, and none, you will find jackasses and jerks, because every group is filled with humans.

That (what you relayed in your anecdote) was a crappy thing to say to someone.

Old 05-24-2022, 11:48 AM

Quote:
The occurrence of meanness is something we all have to endure one time or another, because that is our karma phala, fruit of karma, the other half. The mean person is the deliverer of your karma phala. Endure it and move on cleansed. Return kindness.
But you don't.

Old 05-24-2022, 11:58 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I read the exchange. Not quite what the other poster said.
She is great at twisting posts to mean something other than what had been posted.

Yes City Data religious and most other forums within it are American de facto no de jure. In fact not by law. Most of us non Americans have learnt to live with it here and most other places.

CB. You do not have to drive a car to have opinions about crosswalks. You do not have to be young to be concerned about the future and you DO NOT have to be a believer to have and express opinions about religion, morality or society. And a Hindu in North America have zero affect on me I tend to ignore them, however religion and religious people often do directly or indirectly. And as you so often display many religious people have incomplete or sometime totally false impression about atheists and atheism.

Old 05-24-2022, 12:04 PM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
Whether I am lofty, your word, or acting superior is in your mind.
No, it is in your posts.

Quote:
Only two people have said this to me in the whole of CD. Both in this forum. You may need to look into your own self and figure out why you feel inferior when I disagree with you, ...
See.

Quote:
... and point out things you truly do not seem to understand. Maybe you think nobody can teach you anything. Maybe that is true.
And again.

Old 05-24-2022, 12:05 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Whether I am lofty, your word, or acting superior is in your mind. Only two people have said this to me in the whole of CD. Both in this forum. You may need to look into your own self and figure out why you feel inferior when I disagree with you, and point out things you truly do not seem to understand. Maybe you think nobody can teach you anything. Maybe that is true.
Maybe make that three now as you do come accross like you are suoerior to others including myself. But no I do not think of myself superior or inferior and am surorised that yoy seem to think that a person must feel inferior to sense a tone of superiority in another.

Is your last sentence one of your being nice examples? You too often come accross as a bit nasty but in saying that I am not thinking of myself as a too nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality