Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2007, 07:23 PM

264 posts, read 695,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshh View Post
Behold the crucifix; what does it symbolize? Pallid imcompetence hanging on a tree.

Life is the great indulgence - death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life - HERE AND NOW!

There is no heaven of glory bright, and no hell where sinners roast. Here and now is the day of torment! Here and now is the day of Joy! Here and now is our oppurtunity! Choose ye this day, this hour, for no redeemer liveth!

It is a popular misconception that Satanist do not believe in God. The concept of "God", as interpreted by man, has varied throughout the ages, that the satanist simply accepts the definition which suits him best. Man has always created his gods, rather than his gods creating him. God is to some, bengin, to others, terrifying. God is seen as the balancing facot in nature, and not as being concerned with suffering. This poweful force that permeates and balances the universe is far too impersonal to care about the happiness or the misery of flesh-and-blood creatures on his ball of dirt upon which we live.

Anyone who considers Satan as "evil" should consider all of those men, women, and children who have died because of "gods will". Certainly those in grieving who have lost a love one would much rahter still be with them, rather than in "Gods Hands". Instead, they are claiming it was "Gods Will" or "They are in Gods hands now!" and such phrases have been a convient way for religonists to condone or excuse the mercilessnes of God.

Too long have religonists been falling back on their bibles as rulebooks to prove or disprove, justify, condemn, or interpret!

Satanist realize that man, and the action and reaction of the universe, is responsible for everything, and doesn't mislead himself into thinking someone cares. No longer will we sit back and accpet "fate" without doing anything about it, just because it says so in Chaper such and such, and Psalms so and so, and thats that! The satanist knows that praying does no good, and in-fact actually lessens the chance of success, for the devoutly religous too often sit back complacently and pray for a situation, which if they were to do something on their own, could be accomplished much quicker!

The Satanist, realizing that anything he gets is off of his own doings, takes command of the situation, instead of praying to god for it to happen. Positive thinkg and positive action adds up to results!

The Satanist knows that praying does no good, and confessing to another human being, like himself, accomplishes even less, and is seen as degrading.

I could go on forever, but I think I made my point, you all probably think I sound crazy, but how is this any different than what you are spweing out!?!?!
You sound pretty angry, or is that just my imagination?

These arguments actually sound like an argument for atheism, not for Satanism.

I see some merit in some of the Satanistic teachings I've come across in the past; their chief merit is their practicality.

Satanistic teaching seems to focus very much on individual gratification, however. It contains almost nothing that fosters affection or emotional intimacy between people.

I'm not a Christian, but I like Christianity's emphasis on honesty and humility, because these qualities tend to facilitate intimacy and kindness. There's also an ideal of self-sacrifice in Christianity, i.e., of foregoing one's own comfort for the well-being or happiness of another. When observed voluntarily, this principle, too, can forge strong emotional bonds between people. If you’re a parent, it’s a big part of how you show your kids you love them.

The loneliness that seems to me to flow naturally from a satanistic mentality is unappealing to me. I don’t care just about my own happiness; I care about the happiness of other people, too, but I don’t see that sort of concern reflected in Satanism. For Satanists, the ego seems to be all-important.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:23 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
I didn't read the post as angry, perhaps frustrated with the christian view of Satan and religions other than christianity.

Christianity is not the only belief/non-belief system that emphasizes honesty and humility.

I see very little self-sacrifice in christianity and their desire to save others does nothing but irritate me. It is simply a put down and play for superiority, in the my belief system is better than your belief system.

I don't find any of the non-christian belief systems to be any more lonely than the christian flavor.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:33 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,425,988 times
Default Who's right---Jesus Christ

I don't know how I missed this thread, but I do find the question interesting. It's not about what religion is right. For all of us christians, being 7th Day Adventist, Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Church of Christ, Church of God in christ, Lutheran, Mormom, Jehovah's Witnesses or etc, all of these christian religions didn't die for anyone's soul---Jesus Christ did. With that said, every christian MUST have a relationship with Jesus Christ in order to enter into God's Kingdom, in other words, Jesus said that He is the way, the truth, and the life, and no one can come to the Father except by Him. We all must be Born again according to Jesus in order to see God's kingdom.

Many times we tend to think just because a particular religion interprets the Scriptures a certain way, apperently have all of the bible answers, and that all of the members of that particular religion appear to be happy and truly worshipping God, it must be a good religion. The bible tells us to test all things, and to test whether or not we are in the faith. Any religion, in my opinion, that forces us to work for salvation, and not look at the finished work that Jesus did for all of his believers on the cross, then that religion is one you should run immediately away from.

I'm not a Baptist because I think that the Baptists are right. I am a Baptist because after carefully examing their teachings and biblical interpretations, I think, that they all share the similar biblical interpretation as I do, and therefore, we can fellowship and worship the Lord together in Spirit and Truth.

So who's religion is right, NONE of them are. Religion is just man's way of worshipping God and getting closer to God. The Bible is our authority, and we should follow it without adding or taking anything away from it. I guess that is why I never could understand why some chrisitan religions insist on using their own bibles to translate God's word for their own religion---New World Translation, Book of Mormon, isn't that religious bias?

I ask this question about religious bias simply because God's Word needs no one to translate it in a way to control our individual interpretation, especially if the person is a fluent reader. It has bothered me when I found out that just by adding a word here or there to a bible verse, can literally change the interpretation of what the writer originally intended, and as a result, the additon of the word, be it in brackets, or as a footnote, is a deliberate attempt to steer one's interpretation toward's that religion's interpretation of that verse.

So again who's right? God is right as well as his spoken and living Word----Jesus Christ.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:25 PM

50 posts, read 246,565 times
My beliefs are right for me - but I can't prescribe them or say, "Your's is a wrong choice - mine is the right choice." I have so many times almost become another faith altogether. My remaining someone that's grateful to Christ is because I have been uplifted - on a very real level - by the Christ spirit. I don't turn my back on those that have shown me love and look after my safety and security.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:26 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICAGOLAND92 View Post
I think about 95% of the world population believes in some form of a higher being. I myself believe in God.

My question for you is, how do you know your religion is the right religion? With so many religions out there, how do you know yours is right?

Also, have you ever doubted your religion?

No mean to cause any controversy. I just want to hear people's opinions about this subject.

I know my religion is the right religion because everything makes sense. Not that other religions don't, I just have a feeling in my heart that it is the right religion.
sure thats a fair question. here is the answer. all i got to do is look at my w-2 printout form social security. i can tell when i joined the church.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:32 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
I find most comfort and acceptance of the world around me with atheists. They're less judgmental and more open.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:50 AM

613 posts, read 1,270,531 times
because every religion is right...or atleast an interpretation of the truth

Old 10-14-2009, 08:45 AM

2 posts, read 3,839 times
I am a Catholic since birth but i now more than ever confused. My great grandparents always used to say that i should read my bible and pray everyday, but in the Catholic church we don,t use or discuss the Holy Bible. At my home ,every Tuesday two Jehovour Witnesses would come and give Bible lessons to my Mom and my sister and i would visit a Penticostol Church and these believers teachs what the bible says.Anything they say the can prove it by reference to th ehHoly Bible. What,s the truth??????Awaiting your reply.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:47 AM

2 posts, read 3,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youth for Christ View Post
I am a Catholic since birth but i now more than ever confused. My great grandparents always used to say that i should read my bible and pray everyday, but in the Catholic church we don,t use or discuss the Holy Bible. At my home ,every Tuesday two Jehovour Witnesses would come and give Bible lessons to my Mom and my sister and i would visit a Penticostol Church and these believers teachs what the bible says.Anything they say the can prove it by reference to th ehHoly Bible. What,s the truth??????Awaiting your reply.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:58 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youth for Christ View Post
Sounds like a cry for help to me.

It's old question of how do we know anything to be true? The more we hear arguments about it, the more confused we get. Even solid rock turns out to be particles of more vacuum than substance. Can we trust the Bible just because we are told to?

It's the toughest call of all when someone whose parents are in one of the more evangelical churches and you are expected to go along, too. If you have doubts but are too young to be able to go solo...it's tough.

However, what I'd suggest is that you treat church as pleasing your parents. After all you owe them a bunch. But no - one owns your mind. You can use a computer and follow up your questions. You can ask here or on the Christian forum and even ask our Muslim posters is you don't mind getting a wad of Surahs by return.

Find your own way, what makes sense to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality