Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 01:33 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,421,097 times

Advertisements

It's funny how Satanist are thrown under the bus with sterotypes yet they have many of the same beliefs Christians (specifcally Conservative Chrisitans) have such as their stance on gay marriage, poverty, etc. If your interested in the segments I show you, than take it into youre hands to watch the rest, it's interesting to say the least.

The First Family Of Satanism - A. LaVey´s Daughter & A Werewolf: New World Order philosophies - YouTube
16:53-17:02-their stance on gay marriage
36:43-43:53-their stance on welfare.

I'm too tired to find the rest of the points at the moment, so as I said watch the entire video and see if you're view of LaVey Satanism changes. Although I'm atheist, my views on thier "religion" have changed dramatically, I don't believe there devil worshipers as many make them out to be but I believe it's more of a philosophy rather than a religion except when they speak on black magic or something like that. So tell me what you think and watch those segments at the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 02:05 AM

1,331 posts, read 1,982,644 times
Agreed. People need to educate them selves in Satanism.
As you said, it is not about devil worship, killing goats and drinking blood and other idiotic stuff some believe.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:37 AM

17,685 posts, read 13,544,731 times
I don't know how old this is but in it Anton Lavey is still alive (in the video) so it has to be more than 15 years old as Lavey died in 1997.

I can remember Bob Larson railing against the evils of rock music 40 years ago.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:30 AM

7,582 posts, read 6,047,488 times
Homosexuality is forbidden in LaVey's church of Satan, and what some do not know is that getting arrested/convicted of a crime can get one barred from the organization as well.
Satanists also forbid hypocrisy. Christianity teaches against it, although most Christians practice it.
Satanists also have a very strong taboo against child molestation, something which some catholic priests espouse and practice.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:16 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,421,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type O Negative View Post
Agreed. People need to educate them selves in Satanism.
As you said, it is not about devil worship, killing goats and drinking blood and other idiotic stuff some believe.
Exactly, I use to believe it was about those things because that's what everyone always says, but I actually ended up respecting their religion a lot more than disliking it. They don't seem as if they are hypocrites, they don't judge people, and etc which makes them seem like they follow the beliefs of the Christian bible far more than Christians do. They just have a different philosophy than the norm and that's something I appreciate. If I understand the video correctly, they don't even believe in the devil. They use him as a analogy or something along those lines.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:31 AM

434 posts, read 341,480 times
Just curious, why would LaVeyans forbid homosexuality?

Old 08-08-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
Just curious, why would LaVeyans forbid homosexuality?
Because LeVay claimed that it is not natural. Satanism (laVey's brand at least) Could be described as a natural religion, not a religion like say Christianity which is contrived and has to be taught and administrated onto others. Satanism is simply Man's natural animal instinct, according to LaVey, including a sexual desire to reproduce and according to LaVey, other species do not engage in homosexuality. (Although he never met my brother's cat) Therefore LaVey did not allow homosexuality because it goes against man's natural reproductive/sex drive. not because any other religion forbade it.
Also, criminal activity was grounds for expulsion form the Church of Satan. Certainly not the case in the forgive and hold grudge but not forget world of Christianity.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:58 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,148,318 times
Well, both Satanists and Christians believe in God. There is that. That puts Satanists ahead of atheists in perception of truth.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:59 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,778,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Well, both Satanists and Christians believe in God. There is that. That puts Satanists ahead of atheists in perception of truth.
Actually, LeVayan Satanism is essentially atheistic, using Satan as a metaphor. There are other non-atheistic variants of "Satanism" but very few of the believe in the concepts of God and Satan, in the sense that a Christian would use. They really are separate religious paths, bound together only by some common symbology, interpreted in differing ways.

-NoCapo

Old 08-09-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
Actually, LeVayan Satanism is essentially atheistic, using Satan as a metaphor. There are other non-atheistic variants of "Satanism" but very few of the believe in the concepts of God and Satan, in the sense that a Christian would use. They really are separate religious paths, bound together only by some common symbology, interpreted in differing ways.

-NoCapo
That is true, LaVey was an admitted atheist, and his philosophy was based on man's animal instinct, which we know to be true. His teachings were grounded in what is real, not what is imagined. (The whole invisible and imaginary look very much alike in regards to gods)
LaVey was out to make moneyl, like many Christian clergy, but when he died, his estate was worth about $50,000 total and in spite of all his claims, he was never as wealthy as he pretended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality