Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 07:49 AM

179 posts, read 333,354 times

Advertisements

Waiting for me to post? Na. I believe everyone should have their opinion. This is yours then so be it. And mine is the evolution promotes just as much, if not more, racism than you complain about here.

So dig up some more if it makes you feel better.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:05 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikester7579 View Post
Waiting for me to post? Na. I believe everyone should have their opinion. This is yours then so be it. And mine is the evolution promotes just as much, if not more, racism than you complain about here.

So dig up some more if it makes you feel better.
Actually Isaac, it does make me feel better (thanks for reminding me) and no it isn't my opinion.

You decided to use a baseless smear tactic with fancy pictures and such to set the tone that "Evolutionists are Racist".

I simply made the same ridiculous parallel. See how that works..

So in case you missed my entire point I'll break it down for ya:

1. I don't think evolution or evolutionists promote racism because of what one person said (different time..different place)

2. I don't think all who are associated with YEC are racist because of what some idiots said.

However, if you think Evolution promotes racism then you must (based on those quotes above) also think that YEC promotes racism. Does it?

Old 10-04-2007, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Actually Isaac, it does make me feel better (thanks for reminding me) and no it isn't my opinion.

You decided to use a baseless smear tactic with fancy pictures and such to set the tone that "Evolutionists are Racist".

I simply made the same ridiculous parallel. See how that works..

So in case you missed my entire point I'll break it down for ya:

1. I don't think evolution or evolutionists promote racism because of what one person said (different time..different place)

2. I don't think all who are associated with YEC are racist because of what some idiots said.

However, if you think Evolution promotes racism then you must (based on those quotes above) also think that YEC promotes racism. Does it?
Yeah yeah, you just fustrated because I used the same exact tactics you guys use on creationists all the time. Don't have time for your waa waa about it. Evolutionist like to dig up the Christian bad passed, so I'll dig up their's. It's only fair that we keep the debates balanced. Because I'll stop, when they stop. But we both know that won't happen now will it?

So can you garuntee that some evolutionist won't come here and post such non-sense and categorze all Christians into it? No? Well what do you expect then?

Old 10-04-2007, 08:49 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,384,174 times
Quote:
Well what do you expect then?
Just some common sense, fairness, intelligence...things like that.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Yeah yeah, you just fustrated because I used the same exact tactics you guys use on creationists all the time. Don't have time for your waa waa about it. Evolutionist like to dig up the Christian bad passed, so I'll dig up their's. It's only fair that we keep the debates balanced. Because I'll stop, when they stop. But we both know that won't happen now will it?

So can you garuntee that some evolutionist won't come here and post such non-sense and categorze all Christians into it? No? Well what do you expect then?

So someone posted on here before that YEC were racists? Link please. I'd like to understand what their basis was for such a claim. I hope it wasn't a single YEC quote. You know how that bugs me when someone makes a claim about a group of people based on one persons quote.

Also who are "you guys"? Is there a group of Evolutionists setup to distribute anti-YEC propoganda that I don't know about?

As to your guarantee.. So what you are saying is you are striking first. Is that right? I can't make that guarantee.. I don't know how people will respond given a blatant provocation.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Just some common sense, fairness, intelligence...things like that.

One side gets it when the other side can do at as well.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
So someone posted on here before that YEC were racists? Link please. I'd like to understand what their basis was for such a claim. I hope it wasn't a single YEC quote. You know how that bugs me when someone makes a claim about a group of people based on one persons quote.

Also who are "you guys"? Is there a group of Evolutionists setup to distribute anti-YEC propoganda that I don't know about?

As to your guarantee.. So what you are saying is you are striking first. Is that right? I can't make that guarantee.. I don't know how people will respond given a blatant provocation.
O yeah, there is a group. I'll post links to sites later. Going to bed.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:20 AM

Quote:
O yeah, there is a group. I'll post links to sites later. Going to bed.
When you post the links could you please identify the people in that group that post on this board. Additionally could you find posts within this forum where that group has posted. I think both examples would be enlightening.

"Yeah yeah, you just fustrated because I used the same exact tactics you guys use on creationists all the time."

See how that comes across.. you are implying that anyone who doesn't agree with you ("you guys") must be part of some anti-YEC evolutionist machine.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:25 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Guys/gals... please settle down and stop with the bickering. This thread is about YEC & Racism, so let's all try to get it back on-topic.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Guys/gals... please settle down and stop with the bickering. This thread is about YEC & Racism, so let's all try to get it back on-topic.
Agreed.

I don't think YEC believers are racist becasue of what a YEC believer said nor do I think the Theory of Evolution is racist.

Moving on..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality