Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2012, 11:50 AM

1,974 posts, read 1,939,153 times

Advertisements

Documentary with the same content as the book with the same name by Israel Finkelstein and Neil Silberman

part 1

The Bible Unearthed 1. The Patriarchs - YouTube

part 2

The Bible Unearthed 2. The Exodus - YouTube

part 3

The Bible Unearthed 3. The Kings - YouTube

part 4

The Bible Unearthed 4. The Book - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 08:03 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Thank you. That looks as though it might be well worth watching.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:11 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,828,018 times
Cool

Old 08-17-2012, 06:02 AM

Watched the first one. Required watching, I'd say. I'm rather happy that the conclusions reflect some of those that came out of threads such as Hagar the Egyptian maid and the Exodus threads: that the present final form of Genesis had to be later than the bronze age and more likely about the time of the Assyrians, with reference to the camel -train trade and the founding of Philistia.

The apparent mythical nature of the Patriarchal family was also noted with various children being produced and named for the various states around (and implicitly subject to ) Judea, as well as being provided with some prophetic anticipation of that Judea took their place in history to be.

I did not. though go so far as to see it as various city -state traditions whose ancestral stories and representatives (Isaac, Ishmael, Lot and Esau) were all woven together into one story asserting the dominance of the judean patriarch Abraham.

This of course suggests that there were earlier traditions, stories and writings which were woven together and does not necessarily mean that it was all invented wholesale in the 7th c. I am tempted to see some folk - memory of the Semitic (and I strongly suspect Canaanean) 'Hyksos' (foreigners) rule in Egypt and their expulsion as providing a basis for the Exodus story, the emergence of the hebrews as a Canaanite people with their own increasingly isolated god as an impetus for writing a history that emphasized their difference from the other tribes, the rocky relations between Judah and Israel reflected in the Judean view that the northern kingdom of Israel was far too lax in tolerance of heathen religions and hobnobbing with foreign nations (or 'whoredoms' as Jeremiah called it), and after various suggestions that assign a final editing to the 7th c BC, we have the later texts relating to the exile and the anticipated return and even dates suggesting a time after Alexander's siege of Tyre and right up to the Hasmonean revolt with the book of Daniel.

Slowly (as with the New testament) the IT is being understood by working out when and how it was written and thus why it was written and by whom. When we understand what the NT and the OT are, we can understand what they are not.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:31 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,741 times
About the Bedowins mentioned in vidoe #4, and them settling down because of Cearal or grains being harder to attain for their flocks...
I believe it to be a state of denial of a certain seed from being sown on one accounting or theory known By Jews.
I believe that a certain plant is being denied use..not being grown for Public use,.. which helps the lands become fertile.
The same Plant Moses called the Burning Bush...this plant (Now made holy by those who believed Moses spoke through this holy plant to God) is being held away from the lands, and the people...by ? ...and hence the lands go barren..as this plant calls on the waters to rain upon the lands to bring life to it...and with the plant and the waters, fertility becomes possible....in essence the plant is a climatizer of any region it is sown upon...I would imagine that the JWHW is also involved in Giving water to a regions or taking them away...by way of sin..if found upon the lands this plant Grows upon.....connecting the (burning Bush) (Out of Genesis?~Adam and Eve took or stole) from God (Spoke to Moses on a mountain side / Holy land) , it may have been held in high regards by the Holy minded of that accounting...and kept from the Bedowins to oppress them and control them.

Just a thought on that aspect of Biblical moral understanding coming into being...why do nations and kingdoms prohibite certain plants from being sown?...even if they are not narcotic...but of the same family...they make this plant illegal to have or grow....why?.

Again the oppression, and poverty it creates..or in removing a certain way of living...to make them change...why?

It seems to stem from this kind of control...to make others bow down to another form or state of living they may or may not accept.....

Holy Ground...how does one make Holy Ground?....Should not all people under God be allowed to make their land holy?.

Just another idea...climatizing the planet, and sustaining the Ozone and other layers of the dome..is surely part of all plants that utilize, transpire, and help create...as I see it...and to call the waters..there must be a master of the waters to call that into being....hence Jwhw....So his plant, His entity, his way...commandments, precepts, covenants,..Laws of the lands upheld.....brings abundance....remove one part, and the formula does not work...hence the bedowins settle down and can no longer support their flocks...and this way of life...is put to genicide...or repressed to a point of extinction.

Interesting lines or theory...But is that what is still going on today?...killing the normal natural estates of eco systems...to instill the unnatural Genetically modified Patent pending super seedless crops, which will withstand drought, and pestilence.=(God's wrath and woe)..so they (Sinners and evildoers) can continue to remove/prohibite the plant (Burning Bush) that makes naturally abundant lands when prohibited go into barreness and contention with JWHW...So they can sell them seedless modified product.....at a price...while holding away the very thing necessary for the lands to flurish naturally...and freely...with seed that makes seed...

Now the Corportation effect...their seedless product is now infecting naturally seeding plants...to cause them to be seedless....when this occurs the Giant Corporation then processes the courts to sue the holder or grower of their product with out buying from them..found on their lands...which in effect takes away thousands of dollars from the small grower in court fees, and cost to fight the corp, which inevitably causes the small time grower to go out of business (bedowins), and their lands gobbled up by the Giant corporations (withholding)...and more seedless seeds sown on the newly aquired lands given by the courts, to infect the next field who does not want to give in to their coop...eventually this will spread, and cause very big problems...as this seedless type seed...is not so healthy for human consumption....How far down the line does it effect the human condition?....they cannot say, until enough people, live stock, and lands are affected by the produce.
From what I have seen the fruits or crops have less nutrient value...they look good, they smell Good...but the taste is lacking something, and so is the quality of the flesh...and of course there are no seeds...so one cannot grow them just by buying the produce as no seeds are with em, or they do not grow good produce from them......which causes free distribution problems.

Yep all that above from something mentioned in a video..which lasted about 30 seconds....but is now in the world as a force to be reconned with....Big Corporations putting people out of business....and not tending to the lands as they were ment to by God....wonder why?....$$$$$$$$$$

Old 08-17-2012, 09:42 AM

Les....I should love to respond to your posts, but I really am at a loss as to what to say.

I have watched most of the others, and, while I have some reservations about the 'Josiah had the OT written' hypothesis (mainly because I hadn't thought of it ) it makes some points which all Bible-believers should watch.

Eusebius especially - watch the one on 'Kings' as you once asked about the seige of Laschich. This shows you the site and explains what happened to it.

Thanks again for posting, Mr, Chung

Old 08-17-2012, 10:56 AM

That last one was particularly interesting. Yes, I noticed here in the Exodus threads how history showed the Middle kingdom dealing with Baal -worshipping Canaanite city states (including Jerusalem) in Cuneiform and mentioning Egypt's defeat of Israel in connection with a campaign against various Canaanite states.
Then there is a general collapse with the disappearance of the Hittites, the vanishment of all those states and the invasion of the sea - peoples, the appearance of Israel, Judah, Moab and states mentioned in Genesis which had not been there before.

I would be strongly inclined to link this general upset with the collapse of Mycenean Greek and Cretan civilization because of the eruption of Thera (Santorini) and the Tsunami that destroyed the Minoan trading empire. I suggest that the displaced Aegeans invaded the coastline all around, being defeated in Egypt by Ramesses III but destroyed the Hittite empire (memories of the Trojan war, perhaps?) and the canaanite cities allowing the Hebrews to expand into the area where they came up against the settled sea peoples - the Philistines. Of course that would mean that early Philistine pottery should have resemblance to Aegean pottery. A prediction that hasn't been confirmed as yet.

The video's remarks about the importance of a set of God -given laws is significant, both in explaining why the Law was so important that the earliest bit of Bible (a 6th c BC silver scroll with a passage of numbers on it - brought to my attention by Mickiel) is about Law rather than the supposed history of Exodus or the conquest of Joshua.

It also shows how (however it was decided on) the devotion to a single god and the 'portable state' of the torah turned out to be the mechanism for the almost ineradicable perpetuation of a national identity, even when the race, nation and temple itself had vanished.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Les....I should love to respond to your posts, but I really am at a loss as to what to say.

Ok I'll brief you later

Old 08-18-2012, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
Ok I'll brief you later
"The Bible Unearthed"...Soil...what makes soil...how does one grow food for animals and humans correctly.??..very important tie in with the Genesis 1:11, 1:12, 1:29, 2:15, ***9:3***...this is important stuff...seems underlined in 9:3.
Second issue...Cain and Abel...God accepts Abel's offering of animals...but does not accept Cains completely.

Why?

Well they both are unioned or wed to eachother when all requirements are fulfilled.....one feeds the other, and the other feed the one....Cain left out or removed part of his offerings..(calling them weeds)...God did not make weeds...all God made was called Good.
So second Judging God or what he called Good, to make it bad or unimportant is a mistake.
Then Cain wanted to be exclusive and better Abel's offerings...when they really are unionized works to be done for all by all in all for free!..Give, Share, Care...
the cattle eat the plants, and the cattle fertilize the soils, so the plants can grow more healthier produce when done right...it is a system of unions..Both parts are good, only when both and all are in the system working in ordered unions.....remove on plant or animal and things are not completed..or fulfiled copletely, and something is retarded or does not have its proper state..and thus mutations occur to remedie the omittion...and change occurs when something vital is removed from the system...mutation not evolution!.

So although the video only briefly touches this with the bedowins....It is vital that certain plants are put into the region upon which the animals graze...in tern the bedowins cattle or livestock fertilze the lands, and make them abundantly giving...it is like a ying and yang connection...the sower is important, and the herders are important in the developement of FOOD STOCKS...one hand shakes the other...UNIONS>

Now as we are told in Genesis there is one plant God does not want us to touch...it was touched..and removed from its rightful placement....hence it was stolen.
Some religious beleifs take this as ...it is illegal to grow...it is illegal to have...and it is bad for the body , mind, and spirit....
None the less it was in God's Garden...for a reason...it services something in the whole or unionized state...WOuld this illegalitaty Put God into prison , or paint him a criminal..as he is the maker or creator of these things...plants.
So we must put back that which was stolen...to right the wrongs of our forefather and Mother..which brought death to the system....Correction, gains forgiveness...?...again Biblical unearthing....eh?

Some religions do not believe in sowing this plant or putting back what was taken.
Some People Prohibite its growth, because they see this plant as a Holy entity...and thus it is too holy for commoners to have, and abuse....
So the prohibition of plants is implied over certain lands who stand by this second Judgement of God's Judgements....If God said it is all Good, or Jesus says so...then it is all Good....Jesus says to "Give back to God what belongs to God" SOmething taken without permission....and here is where the Bedowins are now suffering...and the lands are not fertilized by migratory herding or just migratory animals that do this on their own accord.

So by omitting certain plants, and calling them weeds ...is not biblically correct.
Poisoning weeds, and pulling them out of the crop fields is also wrong...there is a story in the Bible, I believe it is concerning Abraham...when he gains knowledge of the other plants on his fields...the workers ask if they should pull up these weeds....and he says no..leave them in the ground, as pulling them up would disturb the other plants....by leaving these plants on his land...and in leaving them alone...God found favour with Abraham...he understud something ....and his lands prospered in abundance~...no sin...and in keeping with Genesis rule and tending to all things with good mind, and good reason, and sharing his land with the others.....not just for his benefit ,, but for the benefit of the plants he grew, and theirs....and the ones put their by others.....all unionized to make Abraham acknoledged By God, and gain his favour....

The Laws of the Land are born.....also Biblically noted...to let the lands rest one in seven years, to let the poor grow on the corners every year what ever they want, one in seven goes to the poor, and one in seven the land is let to go fural..wild...so all plants and flowers grow over it....this in tern reduces virus, and bacteria, helps the insects have their part to play.....plus the food for the grazing animals is spread over the region...and the animals fertilze those lands.

omit one thing..and something else suffers....Thus Cain omitted in his offering...and God was not vexed, but it was not complete...but Abels offering was....and God took Abel's more in contention...and found Cains Laking, because Cain kept back some,....and what did Cain do to his brother who gain more favour from God?...Murder.

Now by taking out the Bedowins, by removing certain plants....in a larger state of being...and retarding the System or region of plants to only a few that humans consume only...the bedowins are slowly put to death...again Killing Abel.

Think about it more...cause 30 seconds of video is not righteous....remember God is a God of the living....digging up dead bones and pottery and gold and silver, and some text or pictures is ok...but they keep leaving out the most important parts...the living things that sustained these people...in such arride regions of the world..SOIL..God..and his plant...the burning Bush...was set before Moses...on a Midian mountain of sheep herding tribes...thus the land was fertile...under that holy state with that plant in the ground...and God above it.

So yes it is hard to answer to...but we all have to answer for what we do down here....I am tired of seeing people imprisoned, and now slaughtered for trying to restore a plant to its rightful place under God, as sinlessly as they can, and get nothing but bent and unrighteous judgements passed on them...Talaban and others who Grow Hemp or Marijuana or poppies..or cactus , or fungus.......War in Afghanistan is now killing plant growers...Talaban...and sheep herders...Bedowins...

Do you see the Crime that the taxed hand is now tied to?....MURDER.

Breaking a commandment of God....why?....$atan rules them who Murder...and lie...if we support them who murder, we are just as to blame for that crime/broken commandment...."Stand out of her sins my People so you do not take Part in her punishments"..unearthed spoken word, not being adhered to?..it is biblical....

Now you have to be in tune...fulfill all the commandments...how can one do so, when tied to sin and evil continually under that IDOL told not to make more important than God for Life....and in line with Cain...killing the bedowins...and stopping the natural nature of the grazing animals, and their need for certain plants in the system....and supporting the genicide of or extinction of certain LIVING Plants that are vital to the whole unionized living system...and the functioning of the filtration of waters, and air, to soil..using the sun...and moon...creating and servicing God~Life....SO that Death and ill health continues for $.

What is missing of this mindset on the bedowins in video 4...is a testement and reason for The Bible in moral states of mind....Genesis 2:15 is why God made Humans....are we doing our part correctly now when polluting it?

Well that is up to you to read, and study, and find out...as bloodless and sinless are you can....

Hope I helped make this post...more educational. cause it is in the unearthed Earth that my mind is tied to as being polluted today and ever since ever was...when do we right that error and start making EDENS in peace, health and happiness?, and make sound and safe and peaceful estates without sin and evil?....that means putting down the idea of profits and gains and idols, and doing things right for a change of face....cause the slaughtering is continuing...and today there is no need...let them be in their lands what they want to be...is this not Jesus speaking to the world that oppresses other nations...and sanctions and stamps out their trade they need to live with?.....to make them go extinct...this is MURDER....and it is a commandment broken...and that means punishment is coming...see how all this comes from a 30 second video spot?....and still the denie the truth, and are continuing to slaughter those people in Afghanistan, or in anyother country or nation or kingdom?....shameful behavior i say!

Last edited by Sir Les; 08-18-2012 at 06:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality