Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the Ten Commandments Absolute or Obsolete?
Absolute 6 18.18%
Obsolete 17 51.52%
Relative 4 12.12%
Don't care 11 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 07:54 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabalfred View Post
Read Science and they agree and confirm what the Bible say... I was once an atheist and denied GOD because of science... yet now... I am so happy and satisfied after having experienced the GOD of the Universe... Now, I know WHERE I really came from, I know WHY I am here... and I know WHAT and WHO I am, as well as WHERE I am going... WOW!
That's ridiculous! Science does NOT confirm the Genesis creation story, most certainly does not confirm the story of the Great Flood, etc. Read it, believe it, whatever. It is not a scientific document.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:51 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
That's ridiculous! Science does NOT confirm the Genesis creation story, most certainly does not confirm the story of the Great Flood, etc. Read it, believe it, whatever. It is not a scientific document.

WHo said Science is the authority on truth?...based on what theory?...because it happens x amount of times does not make it truth if after xxxxx amount of times one does not compute to the norm.

Now in order for science to have the truth of creation...science has to be present at that time of accounting...the only other way to know what took place, is to gather all the light in the universe and reconstruct it completely to POINT ZERO or BEFORE HAND...and that is not possible at this point in time, as some of the light has been taken away by dark matter....and that is something else that science has no clue to...or black holes...although they have theories..theories are not 100% truth...and cannot be..as they claim to be ideas, thoughts, imagined or otherwise, with some base to a method of learning via observation and mathimatical equation...but not proven either way!

Now God said he made everything...in his creation...what ever that is? ( all living things and their confines)...and I am sure it does not end with this universe....and is way bigger than we preceive this one to be...in something in something else, mostlikely in something bigger, and again in something else.....as the universe expands into free space...what is free space in?.....how far can this universe expand?..and for how long?...

Well those are questions for the designer of everything...for only he knows the answers to all the important Questions....and I know he is coming, because I see signs all around of it being near that time....

Yep, if your not observantly watching , you could miss out on most of em...(The Little signs)...but as with most..they are tossed to the wayside, saying it is myth or coincidence...or mother nature, or some form of cycle never before witnessed..that happens every 10,000 years...Sure!.....so the direction of mankind who are unkind...continue to go the wrong way.....

Last edited by Sir Les; 09-27-2012 at 01:59 PM..

Old 09-28-2012, 08:33 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabalfred View Post
Read Science and they agree and confirm what the Bible say... I was once an atheist and denied GOD because of science... yet now... I am so happy and satisfied after having experienced the GOD of the Universe... Now, I know WHERE I really came from, I know WHY I am here... and I know WHAT and WHO I am, as well as WHERE I am going... WOW!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
WHo said Science is the authority on truth?...based on what theory?...because it happens x amount of times does not make it truth if after xxxxx amount of times one does not compute to the norm.
As is clear from the above two quotes, nobody said Science was the authority on truth. That was never the issue. The claim was made (read it yourself up there) that Science agrees with and confirms the Bible. I dispute that Science confirms the Bible and cited two specifics. Nowhere in either parts of the conversation was anything said about the authority of Science. I don't know where you got that to throw into the thread.

Quote:
Now in order for science to have the truth of creation...science has to be present at that time of accounting...the only other way to know what took place, is to gather all the light in the universe and reconstruct it completely to POINT ZERO or BEFORE HAND...and that is not possible at this point in time, as some of the light has been taken away by dark matter....and that is something else that science has no clue to...or black holes...although they have theories..theories are not 100% truth...and cannot be..as they claim to be ideas, thoughts, imagined or otherwise, with some base to a method of learning via observation and mathimatical equation...but not proven either way!
Once again, read what was said. Nobody said anything about science having the truth about creation. The ONLY thing I said was that science does not confirm the Bible account in Genesis. Incidentally, you didn't dispute that statement in your post.

Quote:
Now God said he made everything...in his creation...what ever that is? ( all living things and their confines)...and I am sure it does not end with this universe....and is way bigger than we preceive this one to be...in something in something else, mostlikely in something bigger, and again in something else.....as the universe expands into free space...what is free space in?.....how far can this universe expand?..and for how long?...

Well those are questions for the designer of everything...for only he knows the answers to all the important Questions....and I know he is coming, because I see signs all around of it being near that time....

Yep, if your not observantly watching , you could miss out on most of em...(The Little signs)...but as with most..they are tossed to the wayside, saying it is myth or coincidence...or mother nature, or some form of cycle never before witnessed..that happens every 10,000 years...Sure!.....so the direction of mankind who are unkind...continue to go the wrong way.....
I can't comment on this section of your post because I can't figure out how it relates to the claim that science confirms the Bible and my claim that it doesn't. Does it relate?

Old 09-28-2012, 12:06 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Now if the theists were to get their way and successfully re-write science books used in schools, and legislate that the stunning ignorance of creation and the great flood are taught as faux science, then his statement will be more accurate.

Dangerous Minds | Christian 4th grade school textbook tries to explain electricity, gives up

Yep, those kids will be ready to compete in the global market of technology, "electricity is a mystery" about covers it.
(remember the text book was most likely written by an adult, on a computer, that uses electricity )

Old 09-28-2012, 01:37 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,939,153 times
history lesson for Abrahamic religionists

42 negative confessions of Ma'at - YouTube

where the ancient authors of the Torah got their so called 10 commandments from the 42 negative confessions of the Egyptian book of the dead

from the Paparus of Ani

Plates XXXI. and XXXII.

Plate XXXII.

this is where the 10 commandments originates and plagiarised from not from an imaginary sky god made up by primitive tribesmen

Last edited by Meester-Chung; 09-28-2012 at 02:00 PM..

Old 09-29-2012, 03:21 AM

268 posts, read 275,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
history lesson for Abrahamic religionists

this is where the 10 commandments originates and plagiarised from not from an imaginary sky god made up by primitive tribesmen
Haha! Anybody can claim such... but wait till the Judgment Day come, who it is that plagiarized...

Deuteronomy 10:4 "Then the LORD wrote on those tablets the same words that he had written the first time, the Ten Commandments that he gave you when he spoke from the fire on the day you were gathered at the mountain. The LORD gave me the tablets..."

Old 09-29-2012, 03:28 AM

268 posts, read 275,379 times
Quote:
Since the Bible is a Unit... 66 Books in One. . . GOD does not have to explain to His creature why and how He created everything... yet to show you that before man circled the earth and to refute that the earth is flat or square... the Bible already spoke about such...

Isa 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers..."

Old 09-29-2012, 06:30 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Get back on topic. And this is a tatty and long - discredited claim. This uses the hebrew word (chwg) for a FLAT circle like the base of a snow-scene paperweight with the sky -dome over it. It does not use the hebrew word (dur) which would indicate a round object. It does not prove anything other than the persistent biblical belief that the earth was flat.

This post may be deleted along with Allball's as off- topic.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:42 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Closed..Op's question has been asked and answered many times in this thread, and now it is veering off topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.