Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 07:41 AM

1,261 posts, read 693,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
...why does one need insurance, go to a doctor, or buy a gun to protect oneself?
Because most don't pray....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 07:43 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,289,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tell-the-Truth View Post
To the above post.....smh

I agree it is a d@mn shame!!!

Instead of helping the starving in the land, (in their own little corner of the world [imagine if each person who is able were so...........caring!!]), many people spend hours whining and ******--!ng about what they themselves would argue are insignificant things as if food is going to magically fall from the heavens smack dab into the bellies of the hungry

thats a different arguement , you can devote a lot of time to helping the hungary and needy and still find it comical how tim tebow is more deseriving of god,s intervention than some kid in somalia who missed his breakfast

Old 09-23-2012, 08:09 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
...why does one need insurance, go to a doctor, or buy a gun to protect oneself?

I can only answer with my theory in the form of the disobedence that causes ills and strife...it is something old, made new...it is told not to have or be made more important than God...it brings with it all the sins and evildoers...it is tied to the opposite of God...if you read Mathew 6:24 and the second commandment and or all of them.. as they tie in of Gods laws of life....our nations/kingdoms break continually.

engraven Imaged commodity...MONEY...an Idol..which causes poverty, destitution, suffering, slavery...imprisonment, war and ofcourse all the sins and evils....and when you play with that...you gain or are infected by those evil sinful spirits....which makes one ill or have need to protect oneself from the evils and sinners the MONEY creates...as holder and user of this IDOL..thinking it does some good, it only creates more of those sins and evils on the other side of the coin...you are cursed by its charms and its plagues....So to keep you needing it...and a reason to get you to continue to hold it necessary...they devised a way to make you believe you can solve some of those problems with the IDOL...by buying insurance, which does not solve the root cause, but pays you more if you can claim it.....but it never really does solve the problem it only bandaids it...as the problem is Money.

God said..."I Give you everything"...So who or what has stollen that away?..and now makes you pay to not have any?

See...that is why Jesus Kicked at it way back in time...and just recently.....Now if one reads Mathew 6:24...you will see that someone has made the choice of which of those two Masters you now serve,.. The choice is now in play, and forced into your life...cause you were born into the system of error...and see it as "that is the way it is"...the other choice is ruled out, or over ruled for you....you cannot serve two masters...and so that other master opposed to the (Idol) GOD is now your savior that they have abbandoned and caused you to be supportive of that regime...and it cost alot to live in said IDOLIC system, with all the sins, and all the evils, and all the plagues, pestilences, and woe and wrath...surely you can now see the line they crossed, and the choice they instilled over you, without your knowledge or consent...as long as you hold money somewhere in your possesion you will have bad luck here and there...and you will surely die owing a part of your soul to it, as they will make you or someone close pay for that aswell...as even death now costs alot to do....wink wink...so serving Money or using it, as it is tied to sin and evil and oppression, slavery and destitution and even death making/murder and wars to murder, and destruction of the eco systems via the pollution....You and everyone who pays the taxes are in support of this evil and sin the world now does on the Earth...and so Punishement for those crimes onto the humanities must take place...cause it didn't have to be the way it is....and even your choice is stollen....So turning to God for help..when the thing he said not to have is in your possesion...is a hard road of knocks....until you realize this sin or broken commandment...and right it in your life, your faith is sealed and set in motion the more you understand the concept.....be Like God and give....do as Jesus said...Give everything...sell it all give it all away...then follow God's word and will and live.....really hard to do...but you can do it..if you are resourceful enough...and believe....repent...and ask for guidance....you will tap into the truth...and God will be with you....and you will not get sick, you will not get old, and you will not die...even if they kill you.

If you do not do the will of God to gain peace , health, and happiness...then you will suffer some of what you create by not doing it...and so we mark another mark on the board...to make my theory more credible via opposites...and one can solve for God by using opposites that exist that should not.

Think about Mathew 6:24 and the second commandment about idols...They align to the truth...for what Loving Father does not give his Good children everything he can/that is necessary for free?
And who has stollen that right to life for free away from us?...and put a broken commandment in our pockets?

Not hard to see the inroads to Christ anger in the House of God..when he saw the money and the money changers....I say.

Yep think about that...then will paying a insurance company really solve the problems?...no...what about hospitals...if the enviroments are causing sickness..then the enviroment needs to be addressed not only the infected...the root..we have to get to the root cause...money...they will say you cannot live without it...and I say you cannot live forever with it.

Last edited by Sir Les; 09-23-2012 at 08:24 AM..

Old 09-23-2012, 08:58 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,741 times
Now Bout Prayer...when it works...It does sometimes, but not all the time, and it seems to be specificly guided to give what is necessary...not always what is asked for, and sometimes it does come of what is asked ,...but only to prove God's glory...In that sometimes the added rope is enough to hang the evil or sinful...who ask and then use the gift to their own advantage....causeing suffering to others...and others means not only humans...but all living things...and hence more sin, as a commandment clearly states to "Do onto others, as you would have done onto you"....again these commandments are open to all to address in the right light....Prayer...be good..do good, and care about the creation God made, Keep it, tend to it..do it with your free hand...show them others you care...and they will tell God about you....and the spirit will be with you...when you pray...God will hear word of it....and do for you, as you have done for him as he asked of you.

Ying and Yang?....could be...But Jesus said it is the father...and so...those things done, grants you something in rewards....not necessarily what You want, but surely what You need.

Amen?

Old 09-23-2012, 09:19 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Rock View Post
Because most don't pray....
Do you have insurance, go to a doctor, or just pray?

Old 09-23-2012, 09:34 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
This reminds me of an interview I heard many years ago with a WWII survivor, talking about air raids. In the bomb shelter, her mother said to her "We must pray". The girl thought, The bombs are already in the air, falling from the planes. Why would I pray that they fall on my friends and neighbors houses, instead of mine? To neutralize her friends' prayers that the bombs fall on her, instead? The experience turned her away from mindless religious dogma forever.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:56 AM

458 posts, read 611,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
thats a different arguement , you can devote a lot of time to helping the hungary and needy and still find it comical how tim tebow is more deseriving of god,s intervention than some kid in somalia who missed his breakfast
I also find it comical......the "Tim Tebow" thing. I've never understood "more" deserving!

Old 09-23-2012, 02:21 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,603,621 times
Quote:
"Do people who pray understand the implied insult to others when they thank God for their lives after a tornado while standing next to a wife who lost her husband or a mother who lost her child? Why would their lives be worth saving in Gods eyes? I'm pretty sure they all prayed during the event. Puzzling and bizarre IMO. I've never understood the concept. Seems so selfish".

I thought this was interesting.

Are you referring to people who don't believe in God or prayer? because if there is no faith, I don't see a reason for insult or offense!
Not really, those of us who don't believe in God or prayer just have a clear view of how insulting it is. I was referring to whom ever lost a loved one during the same event, God fearing or not. To stand out of a crowd of dazed and confused people, among those who have perished and announce that God has saved you or answered your prayer alone is gross. Regardless if you believe in God or not. I imagine it might be even worse if you do. I guess that is why the response "it's Gods will, it's better up there" was made up. It's to compensate for the other stupid statement.
"Oops, sorry Carol, I think God just had better plans for your husband, and it didn't involve being here with you. Ouch!!

Science doesn't have anyone or thing to thank. Tornados aren't selective, it's random. Nobody was more or less deserving.

Also, interesting the phrase "worth saving in God's eyes" (as a person who profoundly believes in prayer and lost my baby girl, mother and father-to suicide- all in the same month over 12 years ago). I prayed before, during and after and He's answered!
I'm sorry for your loss, loss is a harsh but inevitable part of this wonderful life, you're life was obviously rich having shared it with parents and child, regardless of time. I don't understand the tie between your loss and prayer unless you are using the prayer as counseling which is understandable, if that is how you are use to dealing with everything. But as a wish granted, I don't see that being anything but wishful thinking. IMO of course.

That said, those of us who don't use prayer have our own comforting self thought and reflection, it isn't reserved for prayer to a God. Instead of asking a God to save my daughter for me I would be more inclined to fund a children's hospital, or disease specific research. If my child didn't make it I would spend my money and or time trying to help others make it. It's not a huge difference but it's effective.

I understand that prayer might have a soothing effect but it can also contain resentment for those who don't get the wishes granted they were expecting. Especially people who thought they did everything according to rule under said God. Prayer caries an unseen hazard.

When people think that a God actually saves or takes (let's die) people it lends us to act in a merciful way. It's the opposite of strength, IMO. It resembles a Genie In A Lamp, except the 3 wishes are decidedly answered at the discretion of the Genie. That leads to a very insecure relationship in my eyes. And, I might add, it's pretty easy to spot in other people. It can sometimes look self seeking with little effort.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
I also find it comical......the "Tim Tebow" thing. I've never understood "more" deserving!
I see people making a God what he is, therefore, it is only logical whatever they feel is deserving is. Despite how gross it looks from my perspective, it seems to work for others.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
Now Bout Prayer...when it works...It does sometimes, but not all the time, and it seems to be specificly guided to give what is necessary...not always what is asked for, and sometimes it does come of what is asked ,...but only to prove God's glory...In that sometimes the added rope is enough to hang the evil or sinful...who ask and then use the gift to their own advantage....causeing suffering to others...and others means not only humans...but all living things...and hence more sin, as a commandment clearly states to "Do onto others, as you would have done onto you"....again these commandments are open to all to address in the right light....Prayer...be good..do good, and care about the creation God made, Keep it, tend to it..do it with your free hand...show them others you care...and they will tell God about you....and the spirit will be with you...when you pray...God will hear word of it....and do for you, as you have done for him as he asked of you.

Ying and Yang?....could be...But Jesus said it is the father...and so...those things done, grants you something in rewards....not necessarily what You want, but surely what You need.

Amen?
See, I think you make this **** up so that you don't feel so crappy about it all. Otherwise, you'd be drenched in guilt. IMO, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality