Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 07:16 AM

268 posts, read 275,418 times

Advertisements

Suspect Number Ten:

10. OUR SINS?

We were all born sinners

Psalms 51:4-5 – “I have sinned against you---only against you--- and done what you consider evil. So you are right in judging me; you are justified in condemning me. I have been evil from the day I was born; from the time I was conceived, I have been sinful.”

We inherited sin from Adam
Rom 5:12 “Therefore, as sin entered into the world through one man, and death through sin; and so death passed to all men, because all sinned.”

We confirmed it by our sinful actions & ways
Rom 7:15 “I don't understand what I am doing. For I don't do what I want to do, but instead do what I hate. 18For I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but I cannot carry it out. 19For I don't do the good I want to do, but instead do the evil that I don't want to do.”

Everyone is a sinner
Rom 3:23 “…for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.” (1John 1:8-10)

Sin has Penalty
Rom 6:23a “For the wages of sin is death…”

Jam 1:14 “But each one is tempted, when he is drawn away by his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then the lust, when it has conceived, bears sin; and the sin, when it is full grown, brings forth death.”

Sin is breaking God’s Law
1Jo 3:4 “Whoever commits sin breaks also the law: for sin is the breaking of the law.”

Sin is Breaking God’s Ten Commandments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 07:28 AM

Have you ever broken God’s Commandments?

Check if you’re guilty or not:

1. Have you ever made God 2nd place in your life?
Guilty Not Guilty
2. Have you ever trusted or prayed to any idol?
Guilty Not Guilty
3. Have you ever used God’s name in vain?
Guilty Not Guilty
4. Have you ever broken the Sabbath or Day Off?
Guilty Not Guilty
5. Have you ever dishonored your parents?
Guilty Not Guilty
6. Have you ever killed or hated anyone?
Guilty Not Guilty
7. Have you ever looked at anyone with lust?
Guilty Not Guilty
8. Have you ever stolen anything small or big?
Guilty Not Guilty
9. Have you ever lied or gossiped on anyone?
Guilty Not Guilty
10. Have you ever envied or coveted anything?
Guilty Not Guilty

Old 09-23-2012, 07:30 AM

If you have broken just one; you’ve broken all
James 2:10 “For whoever shall keep all the Law, but stumbles in one, he has become guilty of all.”

You might have seen someone commit sin & judged that person but if you have broken any of the Ten Commandments; you are as guilty as that sinner.

You can be likened to those people who condemned the adulterous woman but no one dared to cast the first stone because everyone was exposed guilty by Christ. Jesus could have stoned her for He was the Guiltless One; yet He pardoned her because He came not to condemn but to give His life as a ransom for many. But He didn’t condone her sin as well, “Go and sin no more!”

Old 09-23-2012, 07:32 AM

Ignorance of the Law excuses no one

Even your ignorance of the Law will not save you.

Lev 5:17 “And if a person sins, and has done that which is not to be done from any of all the commands of God, even though he does not know it; he is guilty, and will be held responsible.”

Old 09-23-2012, 07:33 AM

Who really killed Jesus Christ?

If our consciences bother us, then it was-- US!

And if we will not repent and turn from our wicked ways, it’s just a matter of time when God’s judgment shall fall upon us and those whom we love and when we die; the Bible says we will end up in hell and then thrown into the lake of fire forever. Revelation 20:15

Old 09-23-2012, 07:34 AM

But God does not delight in the death of a sinner

Ezekiel 33:11 "Tell them, 'As sure as I am the living God, I take no pleasure from the death of the wicked. I want the wicked to change their ways and live.”

He paid the supreme price to pay for our sin. We cannot pay God for our sin because we own nothing while God owns everything; and He does not accept perishable payment like gold or silver. It was only the sinless blood of Jesus the Messiah that satisfied God’s holy requirement.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:36 AM

Therefore, although God’s penalty for sin is death; “…but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.” See also Rom. 6:23b; 1Co 15:3; 1Pe 3:18; 1Pe 2:24

We need to repent & confess our sins to God

1John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

Old 09-23-2012, 07:49 AM

We have a Defense-Lawyer before God

1John 2:1 “My little children, I'm writing these things to you so that you might not sin. Yet if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father-Jesus Christ, one who is righteous. 2It is he who is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not for ours only, but also for the whole world's.”

Old 09-23-2012, 08:42 AM

144 posts, read 149,298 times
How often have you used The Name? God isn't His Name. As for the death of The Savior, He gave his live, no one took it. IN the beginning from creation, Yahovah/Jehovah/ YHVH/The NAME, had a plan for man. Yeshua/Jesus was that plan. Yahovah, (gave) his Only begotten Son.That the world could have salvation. No One TOOK His LIFE, He GAVE His LIFE for YOU and I.You also mention the Sabbath, that's a good one, remember the Sabbath and KEEP it HOLY. Seventh day Sabbath????????? Not the day of the Sun. Do you Keep it, the Sabbath that is. I for one am glad that Yahovah gave His Son Yeshua, for my salvation. How about YOU!!!!!!

Last edited by standingdeer; 09-23-2012 at 08:56 AM..

Old 09-23-2012, 09:52 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Effectively (and to summarize the proliferation of posts from allballafred) there are three murder scenarios.

1. he was killed by the Romans for claiming to be King of the Jews. That is in fact what the Bible says.

2. He was killed by the Jews (who had condemned him for blasphemy) by means of coercing Pilate into an execution, even though he would have let him off with a flogging at the most.

3. He was killed by us because of our collective sins.

I find the second a transparent attempt by Roman Christian to frame the Jews, the third a transparent attempt by God -believers to frame us for God's actions and I find the first scenario very convincing indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality