Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 10:42 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
I had a weejee board once. It must have been defective, it didn't work.

Ooh! The touchpad on this laptop hasn't been working for months...now, all of a sudden, it's working! Did the weejee board do it?

(This is actually true, the thing hasn't been working and all of a sudden, it is. OK, that's it, I'm a Believer now. Thank-you Loki.)
Maybe your LT just update your synaptic software and it started working again...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2020, 05:17 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,175,994 times
LaVeyan Satanism at first seemed ok, but all of that ritual magic claiming it changes reality and bragging about magical rsults is no different than christian bragging about prayer results. plus most of them believe in demons, spirit guides, reincarnation, ghosts, and other such things!

I think that is why most Satanists now are into The Satanic Temple as they are actually atheists who embrace science and actually fight the kind of supernatural occult and pseudoscience that Laveyans and christians and others are into. Plus they are very active and fight for human rights and the sepraration of church and state

Old 08-03-2020, 10:18 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
LaVeyan Satanism at first seemed ok, but all of that ritual magic claiming it changes reality and bragging about magical rsults is no different than christian bragging about prayer results. plus most of them believe in demons, spirit guides, reincarnation, ghosts, and other such things!

I think that is why most Satanists now are into The Satanic Temple as they are actually atheists who embrace science and actually fight the kind of supernatural occult and pseudoscience that Laveyans and christians and others are into. Plus they are very active and fight for human rights and the sepraration of church and state
I cannot think of the guys name off the top of my head at the moment, but you should really check out the guy that founded NASAs Jet propulsion lab (JPL), he was into some VERY crazy and bizarre stuff!! I believe there is even video of him and some other well known 'Satanist' that did some ritual out in the desert and managed to open up a portal of some kind, the story is off the wall crazy.

Another interesting statement by this guy, in an interview about JPL, he claims NASA in general, was created SOLELY, for the purpose of making contact with the other side.

Old 08-09-2020, 06:15 PM

By far the best video ever done to show the true details of LaVeyan Satanism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhphpqxm7PY

Old 08-09-2020, 09:42 PM

17,772 posts, read 13,662,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I cannot think of the guys name off the top of my head at the moment, but you should really check out the guy that founded NASAs Jet propulsion lab (JPL), he was into some VERY crazy and bizarre stuff!! I believe there is even video of him and some other well known 'Satanist' that did some ritual out in the desert and managed to open up a portal of some kind, the story is off the wall crazy.

Another interesting statement by this guy, in an interview about JPL, he claims NASA in general, was created SOLELY, for the purpose of making contact with the other side.
Marvel Whiteside "Jack" Parsons....

Dude was a genius but was pretty wacked out. Big time drama besides all the weirdness and occult stuff.

To wit: He had an affair with his wife's sister....who then dumped him and married L. Ron Hubbard. Great stuff.

Old 08-14-2020, 05:20 AM

As stated earlier to learn about LaVeyan Satanism by far the most accurate and detailed video that is usually on youtube is called "The First Family of Satanism". It is the one that is always used when people want to learn about the LaVeyan brand of Satanism.

Old 09-24-2020, 02:11 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,393,887 times
Devilry is when you are acting like a Devil.

One can pile a bunch of costumes and speech on top of that, but this is what it boils down to. The trick is to find out what constitutes devilry so that you can avoid that "religion".

What did the Devil do in any one moment? Who did he do it to? What was he trying to accomplish?

You can call yourself a LaVeyan Satanist, or whatever, but the truth is that if you don't act like one then you aren't (and I suspect that many people who profess this creed don't act like a true Devil). This holds true for any affiliation.

That's not a promotion of Satanism. That's a bit of a "negative space" example to illustrate how one's active behavior will determine their category more so then what they attend to.

Old 09-29-2020, 04:10 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,377,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old-goat View Post
Are there any Satanists here?

is it for real, or is it just a philosophy?

I've looked through the Satanic Bible and the general statements by Anton La Vey and it all seems a little lightweight to me, and really almost seems like a form of Christianity in denial.

anyone have anything to say to this?

Just another fairy tale, like all religions. So, it depends on what one means by 'real'.

Old 09-29-2020, 10:38 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Devilry is when you are acting like a Devil.

One can pile a bunch of costumes and speech on top of that, but this is what it boils down to. The trick is to find out what constitutes devilry so that you can avoid that "religion".

What did the Devil do in any one moment? Who did he do it to? What was he trying to accomplish?

You can call yourself a LaVeyan Satanist, or whatever, but the truth is that if you don't act like one then you aren't (and I suspect that many people who profess this creed don't act like a true Devil). This holds true for any affiliation.

That's not a promotion of Satanism. That's a bit of a "negative space" example to illustrate how one's active behavior will determine their category more so then what they attend to.
There are different 'types' of satanists out there though...that is what many people do not understand...when the word 'satanism' comes up, many people immediately think about rebellious teens who wear alot of black clothing, leather, they listen to heavy metal music, they are generally anti social and have a lot of teen angst overall..

These types of satanists are just in it to offend others, they do not truly worship Lucifer, the fallen angel.

A much lessor known group is out there today too though...you would not able to identify these 'satanists' by the way they look, their music, or what they do in their spare time, they TRULY do believe in and worship the fallen angel Lucifer, (they believe him to be a real entity, existing on another plane/dimension).

Ive met a couple of these people many years ago, during my early 20s. They appeared to be just normal people, they were fairly wealthy and had nice things, but you could never tell on the surface, what they were involved in or what they believed and worshiped.

Old 09-30-2020, 03:27 PM

2,962 posts, read 862,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There are different 'types' of satanists out there though...that is what many people do not understand...when the word 'satanism' comes up, many people immediately think about rebellious teens who wear alot of black clothing, leather, they listen to heavy metal music, they are generally anti social and have a lot of teen angst overall..

These types of satanists are just in it to offend others, they do not truly worship Lucifer, the fallen angel.

A much lessor known group is out there today too though...you would not able to identify these 'satanists' by the way they look, their music, or what they do in their spare time, they TRULY do believe in and worship the fallen angel Lucifer, (they believe him to be a real entity, existing on another plane/dimension).

Ive met a couple of these people many years ago, during my early 20s. They appeared to be just normal people, they were fairly wealthy and had nice things, but you could never tell on the surface, what they were involved in or what they believed and worshiped.
Thanks for your input. It’s my understanding that theistic Satanists rarely disclose their beliefs, at least the ones who are seriously involved in it. Why do you think the Satanists you met, during your 20’s, we’re willing to open up to you about it?
Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality