Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 04:58 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,109,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZKay1 View Post
You should read a book by Sylvia Brown, I don't know if she has psychic ability or not but much of what she writes about in her books are actually real things.
Oh, I'm quite sure she doesn't have any psychic ability, nor do any of the others who claim to have the power.

Skeptico: Shawn Hornbeck dead. I mean, alive

Quote:
On October 6, 2002, eleven year old Shawn Hornbeck disappeared while riding his bike to a friend's house in Richwood, Missouri. His anguished parents went on Montel’s TV show on February 24, 2003, to try to learn from “psychic” Sylvia Browne what might have happened to their son. Playing the odds as usual, she told them (http://www.mydjconnection.com/articles/2003/02/27/community/news2.txt - broken link) Shawn was dead ("is no longer with us"), and followed this with several guesses about where his body would be found (in a “wooded area”). Fortunately, as you may have heard on the news this weekend, Shawn and another boy who went missing just last week, were just found alive in an apartment in Kirkwood, Missouri.
Looks like even spirits can be wrong. Either that or they were just lying for the sake of being jerks. Or perhaps her spiritual receptors were a little off. Maybe she wasn't getting a clear signal?

All people like her are doing more often than not are cold/warm readings. You make a few hits in a room full of people who want to believe in this stuff, and it's not too difficult to see how things work.

Once in a blue moon when they get something right (how could they not when you make enough guesses?), they'll make sure the whole world knows about it. Conveniently enough, they're always very quiet about the thousands of things they get wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 05:12 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky909 View Post
At least the atheists and agnostics are immune to this nonsense.
You cannot channel God. Jesus has never been possessed by a demon since that would have defiled Him and, don't you remember that He is God?! or have you traded your love of Him for the new shiny & sparkly version which is the anti-Christ?
It's ALWAYS about where or from whom the messages came. That makes ALL the difference.
You know that as fact or is that what you believe? I can actually show you a message from God that one of our channelers did. Take it how you like cause I really don't care.

I never said Jesus was possessed by a demon. You got that from somewhere other than my post. And I'm not sure where you get that I believe that Jesus is God as I've never made that claim. I love Jesus as the Big Brother He is and I love God more. God is by Himself and no one can be or become God.

Do some research and you will find that channeled messages are just as reliable as nonchanneled. It is never about the person who is channeled and celestials will always tell you that. It's the message that it contains. It's only up to you and you alone as to what is true or not. No one can make you believe something you don't want to believe no matter how hard they try.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:21 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
Oh, I'm quite sure she doesn't have any psychic ability, nor do any of the others who claim to have the power.

Skeptico: Shawn Hornbeck dead. I mean, alive

Looks like even spirits can be wrong. Either that or they were just lying for the sake of being jerks. Or perhaps her spiritual receptors were a little off. Maybe she wasn't getting a clear signal?

All people like her are doing more often than not are cold/warm readings. You make a few hits in a room full of people who want to believe in this stuff, and it's not too difficult to see how things work.

Once in a blue moon when they get something right (how could they not when you make enough guesses?), they'll make sure the whole world knows about it. Conveniently enough, they're always very quiet about the thousands of things they get wrong.
Not all mediums are 100% accurate. It's the mediums soul condition and how they see things that they relate. I'm not a Sylvia fan but we are also told to leave her alone as she, along with everyone else, will have to atone for their mistakes whether its channeling false information or commiting a crime.

Mediums who don't flaunt their gift and who you usually never hear of are more accurate than those who flaunt their gift. Our mediums are required to be at a soul level or close to those of celestials. When your at that level, it's harder to channel falsely, although it is known to happen.

If you read or listen to a channeling with your soul and not your mind, you can discern the truths in the message. If not, leave it as it is either a higher truth than one is willing to hear or it was channeled inaccurately. I know that the spirits we channel will tell us that there is at least one sentence in a channeling that is truth. Most of them have more but it gives you an idea of how it works. Messages have to go through the mind of the receiver and that mind can adhere to it's own truths without looking at something that is closer to God's truths. It can be channeled wrong if the receiver is not in his or her highest state of mind. It's always very important to know the channeler first before you attempt to believe a message from them.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:11 AM

26 posts, read 33,831 times
That’s exactly how the anti-Christ is. He says it’s good to like Jesus as long as you don’t admit He is God. He won’t just say to hate Jesus. He knows people are more willing to accept his lies about God when love and fellowship is entwined in them.

It’s always about who the message comes from because it’s their intention in giving the message that makes the difference. Thieves who say they need money for food say it to get your wallet, but someone in desperate need says it because they really do just need something to eat. Same message but with different outcomes depending on which one said it, the good one or the bad one.

You said, “No one, since Jesus, has been able to be possessed” I see what you meant.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:13 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
i have seen some very good imitations of demonic possession. have you ever seen someone run up 100,000 dollars in visa bills purely on shopping?

Old 07-26-2009, 12:17 AM

33,524 posts, read 37,125,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i have seen some very good imitations of demonic possession. have you ever seen someone run up 100,000 dollars in visa bills purely on shopping?
Worse than that..How about those three year olds that throw tantrums in the supermarket?...Gotta be demons, or at least gremlins!

Old 07-26-2009, 12:18 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Worse than that..How about those three year olds that throw tantrums in the supermarket?...Gotta be demons, or at least gremlins!
same demon same host, different age.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:24 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,191,140 times
God does speak to us through prophets (you might say God is "channeling" through men), but demons can do the same thing. Jesus told us to "test" the spirits by asking them to declare Jesus is the Son of God and is God. If they deny that, then the spirit is not from God. There are many, many spirits and one out of three is a liar. If you imagine that demonic possession no longer occurs (or never did), I recommend the movie "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" which is based on an actual and well documented event and trial. The event took place in Austria in the 1950s, but film makers placed it in America for marketing purposes.

(An aside: I believe, after some private research, that Jim Morrison of the Doors music group became possessed through his shamanistic activities and halucenogenic drug use. His "muse" was a demon).

Last edited by Bideshi; 07-26-2009 at 12:37 AM..

Old 07-26-2009, 12:39 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,191,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
It's 2007. This thread reads like something from the 16th century.
There were demons then too...

Old 07-26-2009, 12:49 AM

33,524 posts, read 37,125,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
God does speak to us through prophets (you might say God is "channeling" through men), but demons can do the same thing. Jesus told us to "test" the spirits by asking them to declare Jesus is the Son of God and is God. If they deny that, then the spirit is not from God. There are many, many spirits and one out of three is a liar. If you imagine that demonic possession no longer occurs (or never did), I recommend the movie "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" which is based on an actual and well documented event and trial. The event took place in Austria in the 1950s, but film makers placed it in America for marketing purposes.

(An aside: I believe, after some private research, that Jim Morrison of the Doors music group became possessed through his shamanistic activities and halucenogenic drug use. His "muse" was a demon).
Good grief, what is the matter with you to believe such goofy nonsense? You are slandering Jim Morrison in the bargain.....Not nice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality