Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 02:40 PM

275 posts, read 686,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Amazing isn't it How some things don't wear out with age, even becoming better as they age. The belief in God has existed for milleniums..Ever wonder why the consistancy?
cause there is a God that truly exist in fact billions have believed in an existed of God. I conclude that Faith works and there is a reason why it does
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 02:51 PM

275 posts, read 686,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
When I was around 20, me and two of my cousins all moved into the same house together. Late one night I felt a presence in the room. I couldn't move and I could hardly breath. It felt like some thing was on top of me stabbing me over and over again with a knife or scratching me with its claws. It was a TERRIFYING experience the first time it happened.

Um, no, I don't believe in demons at all.

Come to find out, I was experiencing something called sleep paralysis back then, and I eventually learned to ignore it and just try to go back to sleep.

More often than not when someone says they were alone and felt an evil presence in a house, what they describe is almost perfectly in line with a panic attack. No monsters, no nothing.

It'd be nice when people experience something weird, they'd look for other more logical answers beside this demon mythology. Maybe then it'd be possible to get real help for whatever problem it is they're having.
Sleep paralysis i have felt it before it does in fact feels like there is a presence of a spirit within the room, it is caused by stress, lack of exercise, and not adequate sleep. Many have felt it before and they believe it as a demon visitation. Go on blame it on the evil spirits

Old 07-17-2009, 03:35 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,788,118 times
Yes, I believe they exist.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:42 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,109,658 times
If some sort of portal to hell were to open up in my living room (think Hellraiser), and a bunch of monsters come out proclaiming "yo, we're real you idiot," I may be inclined to believe in them, assuming I'm not on any drugs which I don't do.

Until then, they're just figments of your imagination. People who believe in such nonsense should go see a psychiatrist and be put on meds. I bet the demons would go away then.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:10 PM

136 posts, read 300,060 times
There is a real evil among us, and it lives in certain people. Whether it is caused by demons or Satan or possession, I don't profess to know. But evil is real and it is all around. Just watch how some people behave, and what they do. You will see it daily in the news, the absolutely heinous abominable crimes being committed.

You see it when children murder their parents, when parents murder their children, when parents murder each other and when children murder each other. Evil. Evil is rampant in this country and it's getting worse.

All you have to do is open your eyes and look.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:39 PM

320 posts, read 449,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmweatherman View Post
There is a real evil among us, and it lives in certain people. Whether it is caused by demons or Satan or possession, I don't profess to know. But evil is real and it is all around. Just watch how some people behave, and what they do. You will see it daily in the news, the absolutely heinous abominable crimes being committed.

You see it when children murder their parents, when parents murder their children, when parents murder each other and when children murder each other. Evil. Evil is rampant in this country and it's getting worse.

All you have to do is open your eyes and look.
Tu-shay!! Trouble is is that being in ignorance of evils existents is a lack of understanding, fearful of the unseen and unknown then we'd care to admit, we are only fearful of what we can't see with the naked eye. Shutting the existents of evil ghost/spirits is much easier. If theirs a discussion about the existents of ghost, spirits, evil entities, then dealing with it by denying the existents of evil entities and blocking it out proberly works best for some!

Old 07-18-2009, 12:06 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,109,658 times
Speaking of ignorance, I'm sure you're all aware that neuroscientist can recreate any supernatural experience by simply jacking with the temporal lobes in your brain.

I don't see how some of you sleep at night sincerely believing in this stuff.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:29 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
The danger of believing in such nonsense as demons...

YouTube - Police: Mom Who Killed Her Kids Cited Demons

Old 07-18-2009, 04:51 AM

320 posts, read 449,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
People who believe in such nonsense should go see a psychiatrist and be put on meds. I bet the demons would go away then.
Who said anything about believing in Demons or Ghost/Evil Spirits!

Theres a difference between believing "in" meaning if someone believed In the medication he/she was taking was going to heal them. they'd take it. If they'd knew it would save their lives.

As for. Believing. "If demons/ghost and spirits" "exist" is another entirely different subject, people are simply stating that they believe other entities exist!

As for the comment of psychiatrist' "It might not be a bad idea perhaps it'll be easier for you to talk to them about such nonsence!

Old 07-18-2009, 05:11 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,511,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Curious to hear your thoughts on this.
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality