Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 04:05 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,336 times

Advertisements

One of the most perplexing reflections in the " Mirror of shame", is the ongoing fruitless shame of so many who are really interested in God, but are trying to cover up that intrest with shameless induendo. I mean instead of being exact in their intrests, they go the direct oppisite way of their true intrest and cover that up with building efforts to hide their true intent, or they mix their true intent with emotional notions that are not well defined. Just like certain politicians will talk about God but are not truly interested, many unbelievers will talk about God but are truly interested; but they must maintain the personsa of " Not being interested" and show public irritation that will cause the ranks to accept them as a bona fided " Unbelieving brother."

If you are not interested in God, then why are you so interested?

Have your cake and eat it too; an old saying that covers the ground of those who look in the mirror of shame and like having it both ways; they see no shame at all. A dual personality of sorts, the intent is to claim one ground while you sneak and vist the other.

And then this type of individual " Gives their opinion on God and religion", they blast away everyday , while in the privacy of their counsciousness, they wonder about God and his incredible aura; his fantastic fingerprint on human history and the human consciousness. Well I want to examine this type of individual and look into their consciousness and debate why they have this incredible " Split personality", which is dominated by the arua of no intrest, but revealed everyday by the obvious intrest of those of us on the outside of them--- looking in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 04:13 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
I've never known anyone who pretended not to believe in God when they do, though I have known people who say they believe in God, but don't...I don't think it really matters one way or the other, cause I believe that if there is a God, when you die, you'll answer to him/her, and nobody else....I don't see believers and non-believers as being any different.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I've never known anyone who pretended not to believe in God when they do, though I have known people who say they believe in God, but don't...I don't think it really matters one way or the other, cause I believe that if there is a God, when you die, you'll answer to him/her, and nobody else....I don't see believers and non-believers as being any different.

" Answering to God" is something I think is misunderstood; God is not " Out to get humans, or egar to judge us and condemn us." Rather , in my view, hes going to ' Give" humans a better life, consciousness, form of living and being, and vastly improve on us; that is not " Answering to something frightful", its being " Given what you were created for and destined to freely have." Like an inheritance; and I think many unbelievers are starting to sense this about God; they are no longer giving the last word and opinion about God to certain misguided believers, they are beginning to listen to their own conscious curiositys.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:38 PM

A split decision is one where there is near equal points on both sides; the human consciousness can constantly experience this. Its like a person who does not want to be predjudice, but has definte predjudice tendecys- so there is a split; a clear line that is just not clear to them, or they are too ashamed of. So they adjust and learn to live with both, keeping what they are ashamed of hidden. Many unbelievers are like this with their unbelief, and as long as they have religion and the faults of believing humans to harp on, they can continue to : Hide!"

To hide that they are intrested in God, but ashamed to admit it.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:12 PM

Then we have " The Threatened intrest!" Those who are really interested but afraid of their intrest; so their intrest is purposely handicapped and sheilded; its like they " Don't want to be taken over"; they view God as an invading alien. They look at the foolishness of some believers and they don't want that " Brainwashing", so again- the behavior of believers is used as their sheilded excuse to pretend they are not intrested in God. But their true consciousness exhales their their true intrest, only in privacy of their own meditations. They are somewhat scared; not hypicritical but hyper and paranoid, which is why they ": Exhale God" as much as they can- to excise themselves of it. They are afraid of their own conscious intrest; which is a slavery of sorts- a fear of being swallowed by the monster of their mind.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
From previous posts, you aren't interested in answers, only trolling to find people who don't know you to give you attention, IMO. You'll get no answer from me.

I am curious; why did I get this response from you?

Old 11-27-2012, 05:25 PM

75 posts, read 91,668 times
I am an agnostic. That means I don't know whether or not there is a God. It doesn't mean I am not interested in the question. But I don't think it is one whose answer matters a great deal either. Either there is a God or there is not. I would like to know just to satisfy my own curiosity. But the knowledge, one way or the other would not change how I approach life.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprask View Post
I am an agnostic. That means I don't know whether or not there is a God. It doesn't mean I am not interested in the question. But I don't think it is one whose answer matters a great deal either. Either there is a God or there is not. I would like to know just to satisfy my own curiosity. But the knowledge, one way or the other would not change how I approach life.

Well I think this thread will intrest many Agnostics, the things I will go into. But let me say this; the god the world talks about and knows, well I agree, knowing that god or those gods, wouldnot change how anyone approaches life; but if one would be exposed to the real, one and only true God- there would be nothing but change! It is impossible to even begin to know the true God and change not be involved in every area of your consciousness.

The mere fact that you would say there would be no change in your approach, is evidence that you have never been exposed to the true and living God. But it is in your destiny; no one can know this God and not know change.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:07 PM

132 posts, read 120,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I am curious; why did I get this response from you?
I don't think he answered your post, he saw you doing something and let you know his opinion.
He did have to use the reply button though.

I also agree with him, answering your posts is like wasting time and I've been here for not too long to found out that, yes, we do waste time some times and is somewhat entertaining, although is useful for other readers besides the original poster.

So here's some time...

I can't talk for anyone else, I'm an ex-believer and I'm interested in the "God" issue because:
- Is a new world and life understanding to me, so is fascinating to be free and see from outside the believer mindset
- Is fascinating to see also how and why humans have been able to live like this
- I had to investigate what we know so far about our Universe and Existence once I understood I had to discard obvious-man-made theistic explanations, which by definition, are ignorant explanations.

So, I personally have no other parallel interest regarding "God", if any, I may pay some social price from time to time, so lot of times I choose to stay silent.

Last edited by giorgiomax; 11-27-2012 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: corrected ex-unbeliever to ex-believer

Old 11-27-2012, 06:35 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,790 times
I for one am interested in all types of mythology. In my view all religion is mythology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality