Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 04:08 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Why? Because he wears a funny hat? Or because he'll "bless" me with is funny stick?

Popes were married at one time. Married popes had extra-marital affairs. Some popes were homosexuals, bisexuals or pedophiles.

Popes committed murder or engaged in bribery to become pope.

It's well documented that several popes raped women, and one pope would rape women in broad daylight, in public, in front of horrified on-lookers.

Popes waged wars, and maintained their own personal private armies and navies, in addition to their lap-dog the Holy Roman Empire which was anything but holy.

Popes stifled learning and science with their inane dogma for centuries and centuries.

Pope Leo XIII condemned all Americans to Hell for having the audacity to elect their Presidents instead of consulting with him.

And he blamed America for the spread of democracy and the rejection of popes as the arbiter of heads-of-State.

A pope made a deal with Mussolini just so he could have Vatican City under his domain again.

So, why should I show any respect to a pope? Popes are deserving of nothing less than utter contempt.
Who was this pope that raped in broad daylight?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2019, 06:37 PM

246 posts, read 1,247,823 times
No, it is not biblical.

Old 10-21-2019, 04:34 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Quote:
We do not "worship" the Pope. Yet, he is the leader of the Catholic Church and is to be respected.
Of course, everyone should be respected, however, should the man in this position be respected more than ...say... a leader of a country or the President, for example?

Quote:
I give this particular pope (and a very few others) credit for being more worldly than others.
And who can be more 'worldly' than a successful businessman who has far more experience of 'worldly' matters than someone who has experience of a fairly narrow channel of life.

Old 10-21-2019, 05:01 AM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Of course, everyone should be respected, however, should the man in this position be respected more than ...say... a leader of a country or the President, for example?

And who can be more 'worldly' than a successful businessman who has far more experience of 'worldly' matters than someone who has experience of a fairly narrow channel of life.
Nowadays, better be careful with that second paragraph.

Old 10-21-2019, 04:10 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Who was this pope that raped in broad daylight?...
Benedict IX was one. Another, Stephen (I think) used to rape women in the holy shrines around Rome. That's how he got off.

People say Hitler is evil for murdering 6 Million, but Urban II murdered 10 Million people.

The body count for the Roman Catholic Church is in excess of 1 Billion people.

There's nothing holy or sacred about popes. They're neither men of god nor chosen by god nor connected to any god.

It's the oldest existing terrorist organization on Earth, and you'd have to seriously question the morality and ethics of any person who chooses to be associated with the Roman Catholic Church.

Old 10-21-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi
Nowadays, better be careful with that second paragraph.
Sorry I dont understand why I need to be careful? I meant 'worldly' in the broadest terms which is what you need for the head of a country or religion.

Someone who does not understand the difficulties of the ordinary person could not possibly be wise enough to govern a large group effectively.

Most peoples lives revolve around relationships, finances, work, etc and if there are holes in the overall experience of the head of state, then he will not address the needs of the people.

Old 10-22-2019, 08:09 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,001,756 times
Quote:
Sorry I dont understand why I need to be careful? I meant 'worldly' in the broadest terms which is what you need for the head of a country or religion.

Someone who does not understand the difficulties of the ordinary person could not possibly be wise enough to govern a large group effectively.

Most peoples lives revolve around relationships, finances, work, etc and if there are holes in the overall experience of the head of state, then he will not address the needs of the people.
My guess is that it was a partisan political statement meant to insult a politician in office today. It had little to do with you, specifically.

Old 10-22-2019, 09:32 PM

OK, thanks. I can see how it could be interpreted like that, but really - if anything - it might be an insult to the office of the Pope since I was saying that successful business people (in general) have more experience in world matters.

Old 10-22-2019, 09:33 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
OK, thanks. I can see how it could be interpreted like that, but really - if anything - it might be an insult to the office of the Pope since I was saying that successful business people (in general) have more experience in world matters.
That may be true. But is it the experience that would lead to positive outcomes?

Old 10-23-2019, 02:54 AM

10,431 posts, read 6,954,235 times
The current Pope was chosen by the world and I wouldn't put it past me Satan has corrupted him. He is a total loser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality