Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 03:18 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,871,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMc46 View Post
If I were gay I probably would have never accepted Christ.
That's interesting, Lisa.

It seems to me that believing Jesus is the son of a god is very different from believing the bible is true and reflects the wishes of your god.

After all, the bible was written by people. That has nothing to do with the real truth about Jesus. Even the quotes attributed to him were written by other people, and may not be accurate.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:23 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,376,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
That's interesting, Lisa.

It seems to me that believing Jesus is the son of a god is very different from believing the bible is true and reflects the wishes of your god.

After all, the bible was written by people. That has nothing to do with the real truth about Jesus. Even the quotes attributed to him were written by other people, and may not be accurate.
What I meant is that I would have never wanted anything to do with religion/church in the first place and therefore would have never heard the salvation message.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:44 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,120,423 times
the more I read these forums and the disgusting language, attitude, graphic and rude references to the human body, denial over participation in aids, all on a public forum where youngsters can log on, and then to top it off these foul mouthed people want to suppose an ideal role model on themselves, for adapting...? the more I learn
theres no such thing as a focus on theism-existence while non interested in avoiding an ignorant way of life. Last night a member in seriousness suggested that people become homosexual in order to curb population growth....wake up world. Adults having parades about sexual issue and broadcasting themselves on what they do....this world has gone insane bud..one thing to leave no money and a mess in example for the future generations but all this hrse-sht as well..? the historians are going to nail this generations people to the wall in yrs to come.

Last edited by stargazzer; 12-24-2012 at 08:12 PM..

Old 12-24-2012, 08:14 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,871,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
the more I read these forums and the disgusting language, attitude, graphic and rude references to the human body, denial over participation in aids, all on a public forum where youngsters can log on, and then to top it off these foul mouthed people want to suppose an ideal role model on themselves, for adapting...? the more I learn
theres no such thing as a focus on theism-existence while non interested in avoiding an ignorant way of life. Last night a member in seriousness suggested that people become homosexual in order to curb population growth....wake up world. Adults having parades about sexual issue and broadcasting themselves on what they do....this world has gone insane bud..one thing to leave no money and a mess in example for the future generations but all this hrse-sht as well..? the historians are going to nail this generations people to the wall in yrs to come.
And Merry Christmas to you too.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:36 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,319,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMc46 View Post
The minister at our local Episcopalian church came out last year. He told the congregation he wanted to marry his boyfriend, but only if he had their blessing. The congregation gave it to him for the most part, though there were a few members, mostly older folks, who left.

I suppose some look for churches that accept them and I'm sure that many more hide their homosexuality.

As a lifelong Christian I'm disappointed that so many of my brethren have chosen to make homosexuals the scapegoats of the modern-day church. Why not focus on men who sexually assault women? After all, studies show that 1 in 4 women will sexually assaulted or molested at some point in their lives making it a much more significant issue. Or why not focus on domestic violence? I've never heard either of these sins addressed from the pulpit in my 25 years as a Christian.

If I were gay I probably would have never accepted Christ. For a gay person setting foot in most churches would be like being black and showing up at a KKK rally.
Great post. Yes, why not focus on heterosexual men who rape women? There are far more of them than gay men. Perhaps because men raping women is virtually a tradition?

Old 12-24-2012, 09:51 PM

Decent people everywhere in the world would also join hands refusing to agree and support parades of swinger couples....you guys are totally mixed up. Wrong is wrong and decent is decent...nothing anyone can say or do about it. Any remotely normal person would see the danger and wrongness...Its not an issue of religion....a person needs normally and firstly to qualify for a spiritual belief or religion and that means being a decent person who is against things like wife swapping, gays and whatever they would do to promote...all of you have wrong answers, its not an opinion issue, its a survival issue, and what is, or is not reasonably worthy of promotion. Indecent people will always exist and will always celebrate, defend and promote indecent, unhealthy, unnatural ways of life for themselves and others.

Last edited by stargazzer; 12-24-2012 at 10:02 PM..

Old 12-24-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Have a gay and merry Christmas!

Old 12-24-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Decent people everywhere in the world would also join hands refusing to agree and support parades of swinger couples....you guys are totally mixed up. Wrong is wrong and decent is decent...nothing anyone can say or do about it. Any remotely normal person would see the danger and wrongness...Its not an issue of religion....a person needs normally and firstly to qualify for a spiritual belief or religion and that means being a decent person who is against things like wife swapping, gays and whatever they would do to promote...all of you have wrong answers, its not an opinion issue, its a survival issue, and what is, or is not reasonably worthy of promotion. Indecent people will always exist and will always celebrate, defend and promote indecent, unhealthy, unnatural ways of life for themselves and others.

May your family have a joyous Christmas and wonderful New Year - just like these families...

Old 12-24-2012, 11:29 PM

Thanks...but I'm not really receiving cards that promote homosexuality if thats the suggestion and they are going in the bin. BS doesn't work with me because Ive got an ego . At least theres none of the stuff you sometimes resort to write that basically burns the page off the screen.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:51 AM

25,625 posts, read 21,793,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
There are three ways you can deal with it.

1. Re-interpret the Bible so the scriptures dealing with homosexuality don't really mean what they say

2. Ignore them: We are all sinners so inherently homosexuality is no different than any other sin

3. Remain celibate: The Bible condemns same-sex sex not homosexual orientation itself so same-sex attracted people who hold to the traditional view are required to remain celibate.
Exactly! Have you heard of the "queen James version"? Changing the word of God? Yeah, that will work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.