U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 12:20 PM

8,720 posts, read 12,434,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD39 View Post
So do you have a complete fossil record showing every form of gradual change from our ape ancestor to modern man? Show me exactly how our voice box and mechanism for speech came about. Where's the proof? If not, then I do declare macroevolution is quite the unproven theory.
Bypassing the whole "Unproven Theory" misnomer, I guess it's time to dust off this old post...again:

//www.city-data.com/forum/14536459-post51.html
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 01:20 PM

5,192 posts, read 4,664,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The entire planet was inundated by water according to Genesis 1.
So what? According to The Gospel of Matthew, zombies came out of their graves and went into villges freaking people out.

Don't believe everything you read. Use your mind and skills of discernment.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:29 PM

17,966 posts, read 13,739,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
So what? According to The Gospel of Matthew, zombies came out of their graves and went into villges freaking people out.

Don't believe everything you read. Use your mind and skills of discernment.
They weren't zombies. They were like Lazarus whom Jesus rose from the dead.
I will believe everything I read in the Bible, thank you anyway.

You think it's cool to denigrate my beliefs by calling them zombies. I think you are pathetic.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
What?
Your telling me that Pangaea went from a solid to a gas?
No, it turned into a land of milk and honey. It was a really sticky situation. People swimming in milk and honey. No rocks or trees. Just milk and honey.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
At what depth? Again, Genesis states that the water was gathered into seas, not pools under the earth's crust, no rivers circling the globe to later be dumped, no magical/mystical pipeline from the heavens. Admit it, the water required for a global or semi-global flood was not available. It's OK.
That's funny. My bible tells me that the land in Adam's day was irrigated from under the earth.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Sounds like he is saying Pangaea just evaporated, you know, it went *poof*.
Not at all. Pangaea was one continent and all continents today separated to where they are after the flood in spite of what some say.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:25 PM

8,720 posts, read 12,434,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Not at all. Pangaea was one continent and all continents today separated to where they are after the flood in spite of what some say.
But that is what you said.

Quote:
sublimation of the continent of Pangaea.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:31 PM

794 posts, read 1,252,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
No it isn't. The tallest mountains on the earth are over 29,000 feet above sea level. Eusebius mentioned 12,000 feet, so I generously agreed that the flood story could be considered if a plausible explanation could be offered for the source and destination of enough water to cover 12,000 foot mountains all over the world. That's only a small percentage of what would be required to cover 29,000 foot mountains. Since geological evidence indicates the Appalachian Mountains are several million years old, it is a perfectly valid assumption that there were mountains when Noah lived. In any case, the lower of the two peaks on Mount Ararat is over 12,000 feet, so the figures based on that height must inherently be valid since that is the written resting place of the Ark.

Once again I ask, "Where did all that water come from?"
Tsk, tsk, it says right there in genesis that there is water held back by the vault of the sky. So all god needed to do was open up those doors and let the ocean up there pour down through the floodgates. And don't you go telling me that using the words vault and floodgate were metaphors! There is no such thing in the bible!

Old 12-28-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Colonial Girl View Post
Tsk, tsk, it says right there in genesis that there is water held back by the vault of the sky. So all god needed to do was open up those doors and let the ocean up there pour down through the floodgates. And don't you go telling me that using the words vault and floodgate were metaphors! There is no such thing in the bible!
It is possible that, since there is 2 atoms of hydrogen per cubic centimeter out in space above the earth in the universe, it is possible that prior to the flood there was a huge amount of hydrogen trapped in orbit just above the earth. Then something pulled these hydrogen atoms into the atmosphere, mixed with oxygen and it looked like the windows of heaven had opened and these huge amounts of water came in streams down upon the earth.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:28 PM

1,220 posts, read 841,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
No it isn't. The tallest mountains on the earth are over 29,000 feet above sea level. Eusebius mentioned 12,000 feet, so I generously agreed that the flood story could be considered if a plausible explanation could be offered for the source and destination of enough water to cover 12,000 foot mountains all over the world. That's only a small percentage of what would be required to cover 29,000 foot mountains. Since geological evidence indicates the Appalachian Mountains are several million years old, it is a perfectly valid assumption that there were mountains when Noah lived. In any case, the lower of the two peaks on Mount Ararat is over 12,000 feet, so the figures based on that height must inherently be valid since that is the written resting place of the Ark.

Once again I ask, "Where did all that water come from?"
Well now, how magnanimous of you to allow consideration of the truth of G-d's word about a global flood. First, the destination of all that water was...ahem...earth. The source of all that water was...ahem...earth...surrounding it, and underneath it and the rest gathered together into a single location..."seas." Secundo, formation of metamorphic rock produces water. Third, the radioisotope "age" for the Appalachian mountains of several million years, calculated on the assumption that radioactive decay has always occurred at today's rates, is a gross error. At any rate, G-d said "...the mountains were covered." Genesis 7:20 KJV, and is evidence sufficient to prove apart from your erroneous assumption about the age of the Appalachian mountains that there were mountains on the earth in Noah's day. "Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered." Genesis 7:20 KJV. Based on the plain text, the waters prevailed over the highest mountains by about 30 feet. Again, the voluminous amount of water required to sustain your belief in what G-d said was already here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality