U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 04:18 PM

7,379 posts, read 7,015,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Here is where you show you as all anybody can be circumscribed by personal bias. "Thankfully"? To me it seems to be an indicator that you want it to be that way. Others have provided evidence they claim such an even could have happened. I will not say thankfully as happy it did not happen. I am only saying that from what have read both sides of the issue do seem to have information that can have valid claims.
You're reading way too much into what I stated. I was saying "thankfully" to express my gratitude to those who posted the evidence of what I was claim, so I needn't provide it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 05:45 PM

17,966 posts, read 13,727,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
According to McLean v. Arkansas, the definition of Evolution, as taught in the schools in the United States, includes "Emergence of man from a common ancestor with apes". It is my understanding that Christian doctrine rejects at least that part of evolution, and it is difficult to reconcile evolution in general with the falsity of that point.

If you will state that you believe man emerged from a common ancestor with apes, I will withdraw anything I said about your endorsement of the Christian position on evolution.
First I ever heard that God was an ape.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:20 PM

31,900 posts, read 33,317,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I thought that you believed that god made man in his likeness? If that is so then since all humans are apes, then god would have to be the alpha ape.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:33 PM

476 posts, read 421,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
And you'd have to blithely conclude that even post-fludd, the water's biochemistry, so chock-full of dead and dying plant and animal materials, would all instantly self-correct. All the fresh water inland lakes, all the streams, major rivers, etc. etc., you think would all just Insta-Poof change back to their original biochemisty, of which salinity is but one tiny component.

But OK: do this: I double-down dare you! Mix a cup of salt into a quart of drinking water, let rest in your fridge, and then drink only that mix for 40 says. Then another, and another, period for the biblically claimed 180 days (6 mo).

Then do tell us how they dealt with your dehydrated corpse. (We do not see healthy whales or dolphins or marine sharks happily swimming about up in some fresh-water river. At least not for longer than a day or so, during which they often make a salinity run back down to the ocean to "Get biochemically right again!" Fact.

It's provided to us in great detail, we're told, and it's utterly compelling and "believable"! Yup!

Oh. Grew up on a farm, huh? So you fully understand evolution, speciation, and so on? You also make some typical claim that we evolutionists require massive changes, which is EXACTLY WHAT WE DO NOT SAY.

Rather, it's you techno-illiterate nuts who have always evasively and lyingly demanded some transitory species, the so-called Missing Link, which we know does not occur. It's ALWAYS a gradual process, sometimes a bit faster (the Cambrian Explosion was actually millions of years old' it is meant in a relative sense, obviously!

It is obviously you, Vizio, who needs the primer on, well, all of it, since you continue to demo your huge lack of knowledge on the subject, 'ceptin' for watching some sheep breed. and then claiming to sus it all out here! The arrogant silliness of it all

BTw, a sheep is a different species than a wolf, which is different than a bison, which is different from a whale, a salmon, an ape and a man. Trust me.

So do you have a complete fossil record showing every form of gradual change from our ape ancestor to modern man? Show me exactly how our voice box and mechanism for speech came about. Where's the proof? If not, then I do declare macroevolution is quite the unproven theory.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:34 AM

9,618 posts, read 11,816,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD39 View Post
So do you have a complete fossil record showing every form of gradual change from our ape ancestor to modern man? Show me exactly how our voice box and mechanism for speech came about. Where's the proof? If not, then I do declare macroevolution is quite the unproven theory.
Again, Christians demand such a complete record. Not Evolution's job to provide toe-tagged examples. all lined up.

It's called forensics, and no ,we don't have to be there to confirm who committed the murder!

It's also been so well observed and demo'd and documented in such genetic micro-changes, TWD
, but then, based on what you have made claims about, as per science and how it works, I do not expect you to see nor comprehend this one. You're still looking for a cat giving birth to a dog overnight.

Absurd, and not how it works. Except in the denialist mind. "No missing link, no evolution!"

Blah blah blah. Back to Science 000.001.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:18 AM

So rifleman, where are your undeniable proofs which you claimed earlier in this thread to which I asked for proof you need to back up your untenable position?

Old 12-27-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I thought that you believed that god made man in his likeness? If that is so then since all humans are apes, then god would have to be the alpha ape.
Actually, God would have to be a single celled organism if all life came from that. If you really really believe that all the billions of different animals came from a single celled organism, that all their varried DNA was inherring in that single cell, all the bio-diversity inherred in that single cell amoeba, then all logic has simply been flushed down the evolutionary toilet where it rightly belongs.

Getting back to Noah's engineering skills . . . Noah did not have to be a genius to build such a craft. He just needed the same superior guidance from the One Who created the universe.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:42 AM

741 posts, read 1,125,549 times
I love how Certain people here are claiming that a handful of animals on an ark evolved at a lightening pace into many, many current animals alive today in the span of a thousand years, of course they can not show all the toe tagged examples of transitional forms lined up.
But when the claim is made that animals evolved over millions of years, the transitional forms must be demonstrated or the whole theory is junk.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:43 AM

19,943 posts, read 14,569,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMachine View Post
I love how Certain people here are claiming that a handful of animals on an ark evolved at a lightening pace into many, many current animals alive today in the span of a thousand years, of course they can not show all the toe tagged examples of transitional forms lined up.
But when the claim is made that animals evolved over millions of years, the transitional forms must be demonstrated or the whole theory is junk.
How does that compare to the Cambrian explosion? For some unknown reason, evolutionists think there were all kinds of new species in a relative blink of an eye.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:06 AM

1,387 posts, read 2,242,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
How does that compare to the Cambrian explosion? For some unknown reason, evolutionists think there were all kinds of new species in a relative blink of an eye.
The Cambrian Explosion took about 75 million years. How is that the blink of an eye?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality