Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 04:39 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
I'm sure the liberals have a whole list of freedoms they would like to take away from you, like the right to work withour joining a union or the right to keep a gun in your house.
Historically it is conservatives and Christians who relish in stripping rights from others while LIBerals fight and win the battles for LIBerty, freedom and equality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 05:39 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
Historically it is conservatives and Christians who relish in stripping rights from others while LIBerals fight and win the battles for LIBerty, freedom and equality.
Not exactly, unless you consider taking someone's income and redistributing it to others as not violating someone's liberty and freedom. We conservatives work to protect one's right to use and spend one's income as one sees fit.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:13 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Agreed!

While I can't stand them myself if you take away there rights then what's to stop other people from voicing thier religous freedoms? And what freedom could be taken away next?
The Westboro Baptist Cult is not a religious body in any sense. They've manipulated the legal system for decades in a thinly-disguised scheme to abuse anyone and anything they disagree with.

For my part, I say: kick 'em out on their collective rears. My tax money should not go to support hate-groups.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Not exactly, unless you consider taking someone's income and redistributing it to others as not violating someone's liberty and freedom. We conservatives work to protect one's right to use and spend one's income as one sees fit.
LOL, suurre you do. That's why you little conservative lemmings all screamed persecution when we patriots boycotted Chic-Fil-A and other businesses you use as fronts for your hate-mongering.

You are all for keeping government out of people's personal lives and pocketbooks unless it's something your Bible condemns or supports.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
The Westboro Baptist Cult is not a religious body in any sense. They've manipulated the legal system for decades in a thinly-disguised scheme to abuse anyone and anything they disagree with.

For my part, I say: kick 'em out on their collective rears. My tax money should not go to support hate-groups.
Westboro IS a Christian church (Christianity itself is a cult) and are behaving exactly like the majority of conservative Christians have behaved historically, and would behave still if they could get away with it en masse.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
LOL, suurre you do. That's why you little conservative lemmings all screamed persecution when we patriots boycotted Chic-Fil-A and other businesses you use as fronts for your hate-mongering.

You are all for keeping government out of people's personal lives and pocketbooks unless it's something your Bible condemns or supports.
LOL. Yeah, I'm a big Bible thumper.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:23 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,188 times
what the hell does this have to do with the right or left?? its a hategroup.. im sure you don't want them at your funerals or relatives funerals whether your right or left

Old 01-02-2013, 10:38 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
what the hell does this have to do with the right or left?? its a hategroup.. im sure you don't want them at your funerals or relatives funerals whether your right or left
This.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
No, but I wouldn't try to have them arrested as long as they are on public property. This IS more of a Libertarian issue though.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:12 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Although I detest the group and their actions and their reasons for their protests they seem to operate just under the wire as far as breaking any laws when they do protest anything. They carry signs which is freedom of speech. They march in protest which demonstrates their right to assemble.

IMO, they are very careful and take special note of the ones who try to force them NOT to do these things so they can bring a lawsuit against them for interference with their rights under the constitution. Sort of reminds me of the person who deliberately slammed his brakes causing you to run into the rear end of his car so he can sue you and your insurance company, because you failed to maintain proper distrance.

I am not sure what legally constitutes a hate group, but they are very deserving of being a member in good standing there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality