Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 02:40 PM

476 posts, read 466,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
How do you know they were not serving God, who works his wonders in mysterious ways. After all, the omnipotent and all-loving God let the victims die. If you disagree with "God's way", you might consider exploring other theologies.

By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

Matthew 7:16

Fear, death, torture and murder are not fruits of the Holy Spirit.

Fruits of the Spirit:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Galatians 5:22

Old 01-07-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
The guy who created the bolts is not the intelligent designer of the nuclear power plant, it took smart people who knew exactly what they were doing and what the end results would be to create that nuclear power plant. They must assume responsibility for both the good and the bad that are created by that plant.

God, the omniscient being, created free will. He, being omniscient, knew exactly what he was doing when he did it. If evil is a by-product of free will then he did, indeed, knowingly create evil when he created free will. He must assume responsibility for both the good and the bad that were created when he created free will.

So do you blame the gun designer for the deaths of the children in the CT shooting? He was the intelligent designer! That's the problem with our society today. No one wants to take responsibility for their actions. It's someone else's fault. You blame God for the evil in this world, but the evil deeds are commited by men and Satan, not God.

You think the reverse is higher moral ground? No free will? Forced to obey God with no choice or thought of our own? I don't.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:50 PM

904 posts, read 1,382,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD39 View Post
So do you blame the gun designer for the deaths of the children in the CT shooting? He was the intelligent designer! That's the problem with our society today. No one wants to take responsibility for their actions. It's someone else's fault. You blame God for the evil in this world, but the evil deeds are commited by men and Satan, not God.

You think the reverse is higher moral ground? No free will? Forced to obey God with no choice or thought of our own? I don't.
You are failing to grasp the point. I don't know whether it is through obtuseness, or obstreperousness.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:55 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times
Quote:
God, the omniscient being, created free will. He, being omniscient, knew exactly what he was doing when he did it. If evil is a by-product of free will then he did, indeed, knowingly create evil when he created free will. He must assume responsibility for both the good and the bad that were created when he created free will.
EXACTLY...which is another oxymora found in Christianity. God (who is claimed to be omnicscient, omnipresent, omni...etc., gave everyone free will, knew exactly what would happen in giving that free will, but he's not responsible for said outcome??????? Seriously???????

If I deliberately set somebody up to take a fall knowing the outcome ahead of time...and they take they fall...how am I NOT responsible for that????

Do they not teach critical thinking skills in schools these days?????????

Old 01-07-2013, 03:00 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,158 times
Quote:
God also declared that the wages of sin is death, and sin has to be punished. Now maybe you see that as morally wrong, I don't. I wouldn't want to see someone like Hitler or the CT murderer in heaven enjoying the afterlife.
Why not? If all sins are equal in the eyes of god, what difference does it make? Per Christian theology, it's not really up to men anyway. Last I checked, it's mainly the Catholics that have the concept of mortal and venial sins.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Why not? If all sins are equal in the eyes of god, what difference does it make? Per Christian theology, it's not really up to men anyway. Last I checked, it's mainly the Catholics that have the concept of mortal and venial sins.

All sins are not equal in the eyes of God.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:11 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times
Quote:
Chapter & verse please...

Old 01-07-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Your Scriptural basis for this?

Old 01-07-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
You are failing to grasp the point. I don't know whether it is through obtuseness, or obstreperousness.

I see the point quite clearly. You want to set up the false scenario where God is the bad guy who created all this evil and misery because somehow that gives you comfort in your unbelief.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
I see the point quite clearly. You want to set up the false scenario where God is the bad guy who created all this evil and misery because somehow that gives you comfort in your unbelief.
Actually no, that is not the case, and I would be delighted if you, who have no insight into what I do and don't believe refrained from passing judgment on my belief.

You stated that God cannot co-exist with evil. I simply asked "If that is the case, then why did he create evil?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality