Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 12:40 PM

904 posts, read 1,381,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD39 View Post
Many of them do. The Salvation Army alone proves you wrong. What about the countless churches that provided free housing and food for the Katrina victims?
Yet the Salvation Army discriminates against homosexuals.

There are many wonderful people of faith, I am privileged to know several (including a man who left the church I attended, and moved his family to Louisiana to rebuild homes after Katrina). If you want people to think more highly of people of faith, then remove your current spokespeople and replace them with ones who share the ideals of love your neighbour. I don't see that happening at all.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:56 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I make it a point to try and live that way everyday...it is alot more honest than preaching about it and not actually living it.

Imagine what Christianity COULD be like if Christians actually LOVED THEIR NEIGHBOR AS THEMSELVES...
You're really good at telling others what their deficiencies are. Just sayin'.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:59 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
Quote:
I haven't met a Christian yet who actually practices these points of their Christianity. Just saying...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
You've met all Christians? Many of these post are beyond childish to say the least.
Perhaps you need to take a reading comprehension course...I never said I've met ALL Christians.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:03 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times
You're just trolling.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:09 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You're really good at telling others what their deficiencies are. Just sayin'.
If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...sorry, we might as was well call it a duck.

Wilfully ignoring one of the GREATEST commandments and teachings from your savior...doesn't give you & your ilk alot of credibility when you're proselytizing...especially when you judge and condemn people while doing it.

LOVE YOU NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF...doesn't leave ANY room for judging and condemning anyone...it is UNCONDITIONAL.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:41 PM

19,956 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
Our country was founded on freedom of religion, and with that freedom, we should have the rights to form our own groups and require members to abhere to a statement of faith. It's that way with any club or organization. I can't join the Masons unless I am invited and agree to their standards.

Yet, Christian groups on college campuses are being forced to accept anyone including homosexuals. That's wrong.

Christian Legal Society v. Martinez - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You do have the right to form your own groups and require members to adhere to a statement of faith ... until you accept umbrella status under a secular organization, especially if $$ are exchanged in the process. Then it gets into an understandable gray area if the requirements of your organization differ from those of the umbrella -- especially if the umbrella organization is required to follow stricter laws. An organization that can't exclude persons legally under that umbrella can organize apart from it. I don't see persecution or wrongness here, merely inconvenience. Like it or not, society decided some time ago that discrimination based on gender preference is a serious matter; it seems unremarkable that an organization that's bound by law to uphold that would be queasy about even indirectly enabling such discrimination under its aegis.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:18 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...sorry, we might as was well call it a duck.

Wilfully ignoring one of the GREATEST commandments and teachings from your savior...doesn't give you & your ilk alot of credibility when you're proselytizing...especially when you judge and condemn people while doing it.
So now you've determined I'm unloving. How did you come to that conclusion?

Quote:
LOVE YOU NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF...doesn't leave ANY room for judging and condemning anyone...it is UNCONDITIONAL.
Why is it OK for you to judge others?

Old 01-08-2013, 04:21 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,800,839 times
Everyone is judgmental no matter the demographic, religion, cultural, or status in society. The sooner people realize this, the sooner we can move to a better topic where we can find solutions.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:27 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times
Quote:
Christian groups in public universities are being forced to go against their beliefs under the banner of separation of church and state yet these atheists fully allowed to spread hate speech in public? It just shows me against that atheists don't simply have a lack of belief. They have a hatred for the gospel of Jesus fueled by Satan's deception.
How hilariously batty!

Old 01-08-2013, 04:40 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
This is an actual college club? Or a bunch of students that decided to get together? If it's under the college, then there must be a faculty advisor and if so, that person should be fired for allowing such a thing to unfold. Sure we have freedom of speech and it's one thing to say 'your book is a book full of contradictions' in a world religion class, but it's a whole different story to crash Sunday services and pee in the holy water. Where are these people's manners!
I would have a serious problem with this group if it was at my college and I'm not even Christian.
To me this is not the religious against the non-religious, this is a pack of jerks!
I don't care what one believes or not, but this group is poking at others and doing so because they want a cool rush.
Horrible!
Now I am assuming that the Christians on campus have no visible presence, meaning that they don't have a crew that goes out and stands in the quad at lunch with a sign that says, 'love Jesus or burn in hell'. If that was going on, and 'they started it' - well then the atheists groups actions are a bit more understandable- still does not make it right!
I get it that many atheists have an open wound when it comes to religion and that can lead to irrational behavior towards innocent people. They seem to have forgotten what it feels like to be the one being tormented.
the bottom line, again, it's not religion vs. atheism, it's a club full of jerks/bullies.
If they did not have religion to pick on, and did not have atheism to bring them together, they would find other groups, people of their ilk, to carry on with and be jerks about something else.

Where are these people? This mom has something to say to them....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality