Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 11:25 AM

443 posts, read 1,541,567 times

Advertisements

He sacrificed himself to himself in order to appease a blood debt he imposed upon his own creations.

Yeah, totally logical and believeable, its a wonder anybody rejects christianity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 11:52 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
True, I don't get the holy trinity concept either.
To me God=Love and Jesus taught us that the way to God is through love, an emotion which is as intangible as the Holy Spirit.
Jesus taught us to love others like we love ourselves.

Old 10-21-2007, 01:20 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times
Good question!

I guess it depends on how are you refering to christianity, if you are talking about christian religion then I guess is not mandatory to be a christian to have a moral code, because all religions follow a moral code that it's more or less the same with some minor variations.

if you don't believe in God, you still have a consciousness that guides you, whether you decided to listen or not, if you don't listen to her voice you will feel bad because you would have filled it with bad thoughts or actions.

where does this conciousness comes? a lot of religions speak of a christic consciousness it is a bit hard to explain what the christic consciousness is but i'll try my best.

a lot of religions speak of the holy trinity, the equivalent of it in Hinduism is Tat-Sat-Om or the Father, the Son and the holy spirit or cosmic vibration.

The father is the cosmic consciousness or God who lives in another plane of existance or dimension where nothing exists but him.

The son is the reflection of God's intelligence on the Cosmic Vibration of Om or Holy spirit, this intelligence is behind the laws of our universe both physical and metaphysical such as gravity or karma.

and Om or Holy spirit is the cosmic vibration or word who supports his creation, we as human beings created in the image of our father have this christ consciousness inside us, this is our higher self and it is from this source that our moral code comes from.

Jesus Christ or Bhagavan Krishna or "Christna" if you prefer, were called these way (Christs) because they were self realized beings, that means that they were completely in tune with christ concsiousness and their lower ego nature was completely under control of this christ conciousness.

so, at least imho if you are following your higher consciousness, thus having a moral code means you are a christian at least in this sense.

Love and Light

Old 10-21-2007, 01:37 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
I roughly agree with most of Travelling fella's post except for this:
Quote:
The father is the cosmic consciousness or God who lives in another plane of existance or dimension where nothing exists but him.
I just don't believe in other plane of existance.
I guess I'm too much of a realist to believe such a concept.
Thx for sharing Travelling fella.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:01 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Travelling fella, most of these predated Christ, did they not?

If so, it would be preferable if the true term Krshna, not Chrishna be used. It's offensive to christianize all concepts, many don't translate well at all.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:12 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times
true, chielgirl, it wasn't my intention to offend anyone.

Respect is the basis, we all have different beliefs I don't think is wrong to express them if your intentions are good, if you did it trying to offend someone then it'd be wrong.

Respect!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality