Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 05:47 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Yeah, that's possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.

If there is a creator, then he has been watching the world for a long time and hasn't lowered the boom yet. I doubt he will do it during your short life.

The bibical God never promismed or said that this world would end.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:09 PM

794 posts, read 1,409,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
So everything about the world is going to fundamentally change? Logic and intellect will no longer work for us in understanding it, and the laws of time and physics will be erratically suspended?

Cool. When will this happen?
It should be interesting, to say the least! It's been so boring plodding along with everything so predictably and mundanely obeying the laws of nature. Time we had some supernatural hoop-la, I say! When should we expect the magic to start happening?

Old 01-12-2013, 08:14 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Maybe he wants to surprise us. Ever think of that?

Old 01-12-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Maybe he wants to surprise us. Ever think of that?

Or maybe he isn't coming OR those he thought were worthy are already gone.

Old 01-13-2013, 06:25 AM

794 posts, read 1,409,382 times
Quote:
Or maybe he isn't coming OR those he thought were worthy are already gone.
There is that theory that the plague was cover for rapturing the worthy.

Old 01-13-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Colonial Girl View Post
There is that theory that the plague was cover for rapturing the worthy.

And no one wondered where thier friends & family went? Still I hear Christians talk about how at any moment Jesus is coming back. And seeing that God never promised that this world would end it's possible that God has already took those he deemed worthy already. And the rest of us are... well left behind. I know those people who call themselves Christian would never admit that this is possible, still if no one truly knows Gods plan then they could be waiting for nothing.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:48 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I am reminded of an old saying about kids who are going through rebellion and growing pains, and the parent is forced to put them out of the home. The old people used to say, " Let the world teach them", or " The world is going to teach them"; meaning they would not learn from their parents, but they certainly will learn from the harsh realitys of this world, once they are thrust into it. I think this will come true about those who refuse to learn about God, the world will teach them. The ways of this world will begin to continually prove God in the future, will continually point to him in the comming drama. The world is going teach God by force; by failure; by suffering; by confusion and by knowledge.

There will still be some who willnot learn, but these comming lessons will be incredible!
I think the world's harsh reality does the opposite of what you propose. It teaches you to rely on yourself not an idea of some god.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:17 AM

947 posts, read 3,139,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
I think the world's harsh reality does the opposite of what you propose. It teaches you to rely on yourself not an idea of some god.
True. And I will move on to say that:

We are all a part of God and God is not something separate from us. "Christians" or name a religious group like to make God something that is separate from us. Someone who we have to strive to keep in our good graces, follow a set of rules, someone that we need to be "saved" by so that we can go to "Heaven".

We are all resposible for ourselves and our destiny. The only "hell" is the one that exists here on earth when we abuse the earth, our bodies, our minds, others. The only "Heaven" is here on earth when we take care of ourselves, our earth, our minds., take care of others. It's not separate, it's all here. We don't have to strive, ask for forgiveness, ask to be saved. Have the pastor pray for us to change, follow a book that has been re-written to suit whatever personal agenda is at that time.

Yes, we all need to rely on ourselves not the idea of some God separate from us. Everything is within. We are all part of the whole.

When you want to change the world. Change yourself. It all starts with you. Not seperate from you. Like Ghandi said. (I think it was him) "Be the change you want to see in the world".

Old 01-13-2013, 11:44 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times
Tragic natural disasters have been multiplying at a horrible real rate; are they a result of blind natural forces, or is the God factor really comming into play? This is a question many are going to have to confront sooner or later, and I think the reality of it is going to teach some serious lessons. Humanity is not responsible for these momentus disasters, nor can we stop them or control them. Nature is Gods puppet, his creation, and often his sword. And this reality is going to swell and rock this planet. Its going to knock science off of its pedestal and wake up that sleeping closet Atheist membraine, and bring the nuetral Agnostic over to a more convincing consciousness.

Its going to be a site to behold; and we all will see it. Its a frigthening thing for a human to have to watch God flex his muscle. And he is going to do it for a definte reason, and none of us will ever forget it.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:00 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times
Quote:

There are 47 biblical verses that refer to the end of the world; perhaps the best thing you can do to read them is go to openbible.info/topics/endoftheworld. They list them all.

Last edited by Mickiel; 01-13-2013 at 12:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality