Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 04:36 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
How monumentally sad to have your apparently once-useful mind be lost for all time to the ravages of stubborn derterminism.

My mind is not lost, it is embarked on the most revealing conscious awareness that I have ever experienced;

and the personally frightening thing to me, is that I know, and I know that I know, that God has simply tweaked my consciousness in a VERY small manner; and IF he decides to increase that to more, its just no telling how I will ravage those things that are against God and go after them to tear down this incredible wall of misunderstanding and confusion. I shutter to think how really useful my mind will then become.

But I don't know, it may not happen like that; I may just be lost the remainder of my life and die useless in my living and thinking.

We shall see!

Old 01-27-2013, 06:49 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,691,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post

But I don't know, it may not happen like that; I may just be lost the remainder of my life and die useless in my living and thinking.

We shall see!
I think we've already found out. Do you need a GPS?

Old 01-27-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I think we've already found out. Do you need a GPS?

Yes God's Personal Spirit would be nice to have to direct me; I just don't yet have it. And the world is going to teach that God has not yet given it.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:39 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,585 times
Quote:
Yes God's Personal Spirit would be nice to have to direct me; I just don't yet have it. And the world is going to teach that God has not yet given it.

And you will never get it from your deity. Your deity cannot teach you about the world or mother earth as it is known, your deity cannot teach you about survival, only mother earth can do that. You have been blinded for so many years because of your religious teachings from you're supposed deity that you know nothing of the world around you, you need to remove the blinders of religion and look around and learn what the world can teach you.osay

Old 01-28-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
And you will never get it from your deity. Your deity cannot teach you about the world or mother earth as it is known, your deity cannot teach you about survival, only mother earth can do that. You have been blinded for so many years because of your religious teachings from you're supposed deity that you know nothing of the world around you, you need to remove the blinders of religion and look around and learn what the world can teach you.osay

I have been out of religion for over 35 years, and have absolutely nothing to do with it , your prejudice towards others belief systems has blinded you into trying to fit every believer in God, into some kind of religion. I totally disagre with you about this; Your trying to tell me the actual creator of survival and earth cannot teach me things; I am content with the direction I am on.

Peace.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:30 PM

33,529 posts, read 37,130,597 times
Quote:
I have been out of religion for over 35 years, and have absolutely nothing to do with it , your prejudice towards others belief systems has blinded you into trying to fit every believer in God, into some kind of religion. I totally disagre with you about this; Your trying to tell me the actual creator of survival and earth cannot teach me things; I am content with the direction I am on.

Peace.
You are joking now? "Religion....The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods." Are you telling me that you have a different definition of this word than the rest of us do?....You are one of the most religious persons I have ever encountered.

While we are on the subject, you also deny being a Christian, and yet you believe in and worship Christ. One does not have to belong to a church to be religious, or to be a Christian.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You are joking now? "Religion....The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods." Are you telling me that you have a different definition of this word than the rest of us do?....You are one of the most religious persons I have ever encountered.

While we are on the subject, you also deny being a Christian, and yet you believe in and worship Christ. One does not have to belong to a church to be religious, or to be a Christian.

I am not connected to religion, not interested in being in one, I am not devoted to any religion on earth or connected to any of them. I disagree with all of them in most areas, nor am I in any religious group, click, church, meetings, organizations or television ministries. There's nothing else I can tell you, you and others just have a need to place people in catagorys; I walk alone in my views, my beliefs, my understanding-- I travel alone in this life in my path to God. And I don't care who believes that or understands it; I want " Nothing" between me and God, and " Need nothing" between us.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:33 PM

33,529 posts, read 37,130,597 times
I guess like a lot of things that went right over your head...I'll try again .... "The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods."....To put it more simply all it takes to be religious is belief in a god...Do you now deny that you believe in a god?

Old 01-28-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I guess like a lot of things that went right over your head...I'll try again .... "The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods."....To put it more simply all it takes to be religious is belief in a god...Do you now deny that you believe in a god?

I deny being religious; religion is mans search for God, I already know its the other way around, God has to contact you first. God has to deal with me in his own time. I don't worship God like religious people do, my thing is different; and it is unfortunate that you are not able to understand that.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:03 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,585 times
Quote:
I deny being religious; religion is mans search for God, I already know its the other way around, God has to contact you first. God has to deal with me in his own time. I don't worship God like religious people do, my thing is different; and it is unfortunate that you are not able to understand that.

Soooo, if you're not religious, what are you? Just for the sake of conversation..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality