U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2013, 06:21 AM

2 posts, read 2,632 times

Advertisements

Let belief in GOD unite us. Why should religion divide us. It beggars belief! If you meet someone of a different religion, shake his hand and say, "We believe in GOD!" Rejoice when he responds,
"There is no god but GOD."
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 07:29 AM

5,636 posts, read 9,112,156 times
Default What is Universal No-No-Theism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Dan View Post
Why should religion divide us? It beggars belief! Rejoice when he/she responds, "There is no god."
There, fixed it for you!

Eradicate superstitious and artificial distinctions - become an atheist.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:06 AM

5,729 posts, read 3,144,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
There, fixed it for you!

Eradicate superstitious and artificial distinctions - become an atheist.
Actually, we should all just become actuaries and let the numbers be our God. As our society continues to advance, we will soon realize emotions are useless. Cold hard numbers (facts & figures) do not lie and will help us to better utilize our limited earthly-resources.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Actually, we should all just become actuaries and let the numbers be our God. As our society continues to advance, we will soon realize emotions are useless. Cold hard numbers (facts & figures) do not lie and will help us to better utilize our limited earthly-resources.
Nice idea, but if you think this will ever happen, you are even more delusional than the OP.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Nice idea, but if you think this will ever happen, you are even more delusional than the OP.
Oh, I see. I'd better hurriedly adopt your world-view(s) or thus ensues the name-calling and belittling .

Old 01-21-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Oh, I see. I'd better hurriedly adopt your world-view(s) or thus ensues the name-calling and belittling .
I just call 'em as I see 'em. Sorry you took offense, but if you did take offense, doesn't that prove that you can't remove emotion from decision-making?

Old 01-21-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
I just call 'em as I see 'em. Sorry you took offense, but if you did take offense, doesn't that prove that you can't remove emotion from decision-making?
No. I can sit in some cold dank room and crunch numbers everyday/all-day with "scientific validation". You see it would not be gabfest who felt eugenics was applicable, it would be the numbers, output vs. input.....and then there was one.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:52 PM

19,943 posts, read 14,757,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Dan View Post
Let belief in GOD unite us. Why should religion divide us. It beggars belief! If you meet someone of a different religion, shake his hand and say, "We believe in GOD!" Rejoice when he responds,
"There is no god but GOD."
What if God says the other religions are false?

Old 01-21-2013, 09:06 PM

32,525 posts, read 32,874,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What if God says the other religions are false?
So one religion has to be "right"? Otherwise "no unity for you!"?

Yes. That's how we reach out to one another in love and acceptance.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:20 PM

19,943 posts, read 14,757,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So one religion has to be "right"? Otherwise "no unity for you!"?

Yes. That's how we reach out to one another in love and acceptance.
How can we have unity if we have 2 religions disagreeing to that extent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality