Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2007, 10:41 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times

Advertisements

Praying here for all the requests and that everyone has a safe and blessed holiday..Amoy all my blessings I am especially thankful to know all of you who have become a second family..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 10:45 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,011,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Hey everyone...

I come tonight to ask everyone for prayer for a 7 week old baby. This family used to be members of our church, but they moved away. The kids in that family and my kids used to be very close. The older girl, she's now about 20 yrs old, just had a baby about 7 weeks ago.
Today, she (Amanda) was holding the baby and reached for something....some how she dropped the baby on the floor and the baby's skull is fractured. They just air lifted the baby to Phoenix. Please keep the baby as well as the family in your prayers. IF/when I hear any updates, I will let you all know. I am not sure what the baby's name is...but, as stated above, the mother's name is Amanda.

Thanks!
A quick update:

Thanks for your prayers everyone! They really paid off! Everything is OK and they got to come home today!!! YEAH!

Old 11-21-2007, 10:48 PM

Wonderful news, Kawg I will continue to pray for guidance for this young mother..

Old 11-21-2007, 11:09 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,670,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
Please know I'm praying for all the requests here... the Parkers, Amanda and the others.

I'd ask for some prayer for myself and my wife. As most know, I took a respit from the forum last month, to collect myself and renew myself. I did and I am. However, (skeptics, please no comments), I knew once I recommitted myself as a warrior for Christ, I'd face increasing attack from Satan. And, here it is.

I'd ask for prayers for my family and myself for financial concerns. We've been shaky for a while, but now it's getting a bit desparate. Somehow my bank accounts are completely off and we (bank or I) can figure out how, so I'm stuck with some unexpected charges, and no way to pay them and my monthly expenses.

On top of that, the medical front for both of us is getting worse. I've just been told today I have thyroid problems and I've been placed on medicine for that. My back is getting worse again (had back surgery 2 yrs ago) and it's getting harder to work. My wife's ailments are getting worse not better, including her diabetes, psoriosis (sp?), arthritis (can't hardly write or hold a cup), back (2 surgeries over 2 yrs with no improvement), and lungs (asthma and something with nodules). She can't work and hasn't for several years now. But with the financial trouble, she's blaming herself for not being able to contribute.

I know these aren't as serious as others, but I'd appreciate your support and prayers at this time. Thanksgiving is coming up and will be a brief distraction from all the havoc. Thanks to all for your continued support and blessings to you and yours

You are most definately in my prayers. God never promised us easy, and the Bible shows us that Christians can have it tough as it gets. Hang in there, keep your faith strong. Am also in prayer for your wife, she does not need to blame herself and will only aggrevate her condition. aiangel

Old 11-21-2007, 11:10 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,670,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
A quick update:

Thanks for your prayers everyone! They really paid off! Everything is OK and they got to come home today!!! YEAH!
Just reading and catching up. So glad the baby is doing well, am sure the mother is just beside herself. Will continue to add prayers for them.

Old 11-23-2007, 03:30 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,818,689 times
Oh, Heavenly Father,

We thank thee for food and remember the hungry.

We thank thee for health and remember the sick.

We thank thee for friends and remember the friendless.

We thank thee for freedom and remember the enslaved.

May these remembrances stir us to service,

That thy gifts to us may be used for others. Amen.

~ Pauline Phiilips

Old 11-25-2007, 11:01 PM

I have been praying for all requests here and for my forum family who may have been traveling over this long holiday weekend that you all return safe and refreshed...

Heavenly Father, I am praying that you are continuing to heal and renew our friend KittenPurr whom you so generously healed of the terrible disease. I pray that if it is your will that you will continue to restore her to health..I also offer Tennesseedreamin up for healing. We have not heard from her, HeavenlyFather, I pray that you will also give her a healing if it is your will..I continue to pray for Mams and his wife who are both in need of healing..I pray Lord that you will give them the means and blessings to overcome their other problems..Bless us all with love and understanding of each other here as we communicate back and forth..Let us be aware that someone may be silently seeking knowledge of you from us..All of this I ask in the name of your Son, Jesus...amen

Old 11-26-2007, 09:19 AM

1,932 posts, read 4,794,128 times
Dear Heavenly Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus...

Just to say thank you. Thank you for the peace and strength during this trying time. Thank you for the support of family (RL & CD). Forgive me for my doubt. You have provided, as you always do. You know I'm not out of the woods just yet, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I know, with faith and trust in You and perceverence and patience this too shall pass. Thanks for your love and your Son. In Jesus' name I pray... Amen.

Just a quick update that things are improving slightly. Thanks for your support and prayers. God is at work. I just have been at peace lately with my circumstances and dealing with things one at a time.

Still praying for the others on here. Blessings to you all

Old 11-26-2007, 07:53 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,285,154 times
Father I come boldly before your throne of Grace and Mercy;
In the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, asking for forgiving for myself and for my brothers and sisters in the faith and our families. I thank you for all that you have done in our lives;
I pray for a fresh annointing of the Holy Spirit in Our Lives, Every desire that is presented here on CD, every request, i speak the word of faith that you sent forth your word and they were healed and you gave us the same Authority by the shed blood of Calvary, Thanks for sending your Holy Spirit to be our Comforter Advocate to lead us and guide into all truth, that we may please you, Thanks you that your Son Jesus lives forever to make intercession for us, Thank-you Abba Father according to your word that you hear our prayers always. I lift up Amanda and her child and all of the others mothers and fathers and children that your Divine Protection will rest upon their live and declare Psalms 91 over their lives; I pray for Israel; the leaders of the Nations and President Bush , the soldiersin the Middle East and all those that are in Authority over us according to your word, May your Divine Will be done in the lives of our local Pastors and brethren in Christ Jesus Our Saviour and Lord
In Jesus Name Amen.
I pray the prayer of IIChronicles, Joshua 1, Psalms 56
I thank-you again in advance for favor in these areas of our lives
Amen

Old 11-27-2007, 07:40 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,957 times
Good Morning CD Forum Family,

I wanted to request prayer for our dear sister June this morning. She is going in for a 2nd interview at 11:00 EST. If you would please take a moment this morning to lift her up before our Lord in prayer, I know that in her gentle June heart, she would be thankful. For those of you who are not believers, I know that June would especially appreciate your good thoughts, hopes and wishes also.

Thank you,
Weather...

Gracious Heavenly Father,
My very dear friend, June, has an interview this morning and I ask you Father to be present in the room with her this morning. I believe that June has a great gift of love and compassion and that if employment with this place is a good match for June, I ask that it be Your will.
In Jesus' Holy Name I pray, Amen.
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality