Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2007, 09:39 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Heavenly Father, I offer a humble prayer this morning that your joy and love will fill the hearts and souls of each and everyone of us this day and all the days to follow during this holiday season...May we share our blessings with love to those in need these days and each day of the coming year..I pray that you will comfort those who are lonely and those who are in grief..Please give special comfort to the families whose children are spending their first Christmas in Heaven this year...In Jesus name....amen
Would you please add some more grieving parents to our thread here? Yesterday, our pastor conducted a funeral for a 3 year old boy who slipped on a patch of ice, fell into the swimming pool and drowned. The parents do not attend our church and are not believers as I understand it. Thanks.
kaykay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2007, 11:17 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,537 times
oh kaykay, this is such sad news. I cannot even imagine the way the whole community is feeling not to mention the grief and losss the parents are feeling.

I know it is in these times that we need to seek out Jesus and ask for comfort, peace and guidance. For all too often we just ask why?

Oh I am praying for these parents. My heart is breaking for them.

On another sad note. Little Mallory's funeral was yesterday at the school. My son decided at the last minute not to go, and I hope I was right guys, but I told him it was ok, he did not have to attend. I just thought it might be too much for him. He really did get upset at the candle light vigil.

On a somewhat brighter note. Mallory's sister, Laura, is slowly getting better. She is still in ICU and will be for quite some time, but she has regained conscience yet cannot remember anything. She has been told about her sister, and she broke down, then went into a somewhat stoic mood which she has stayed in. Her pelvis is broken, her spleen is messed up, her liver is bleeding, and she has back injuries and head injuries.

Please keep Laura in your prayers as this young lady is facing a terrible burden knowing she was driving and her sister died. Her spirit as well as her body needs healing and also keep her parents in your prayers.

Y'all, my son came up to his dad and said, " Daddy, I guess Mallory's moma and daddy are gonna have to take back all her Christmas presents, right?"

"I feel sorry for them for losing Mallory."

In his own way, he is working thru this...all the kids are and it is sad to see them out and about, they are talking about this tragedy which is good, but it is leaving an impact on them. It is my hope that in seeing such a tragedy, they will be more careful when they are out and about.

Praying for all and asking for peace, discernment, hope and healing for everyone.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:32 PM

98 posts, read 273,076 times
I first would like to say that all the prayer requests on this thread have brought me sorrow, and joy. I pray for all those that need healing, whether physical or emotional. The joy comes from the sheer "Love for one another" that I have found here. It sure must make the Father really happy to see! Whether you have asked for health, wisdom, wealth, children, friends, yourself, or others may God answer your prayers in the speed only he possesses.

The only thing that I have to ask for, except for the world to finally find some peace, is that I could have the means to move my whole family back home to Tulsa. As my family, not just myself and child, but my parents and sisters and brother and their children too.
We live in Florida and when we moved here it was nice, not perfect, but nice. Since then it has gotten expensive, overcrowded, rude, and not what we expected. We have a large amount of family back home and would like to return home.

I know this seems like a selfish prayer. I feel bad asking anyone to ask God to grant this prayer, given the prayers for the sick, soldiers, and others that are on this site. If you feel that I have done wrong for asking for you to join me in this prayer, I apologize. If you feel that you would like you join in my request I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

God Bless!

Old 12-24-2007, 02:03 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdblauvelt View Post

The only thing that I have to ask for, except for the world to finally find some peace, is that I could have the means to move my whole family back home to Tulsa.

If you feel that you would like you join in my request I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

God Bless!
Ohhhh! And this request certainly touched June's heart!

And since "home is where the heart is," I send you thought's of hope and strength that your heart will soon be back home in Tulsa!

Take gentle care.

Old 12-24-2007, 05:00 PM

98 posts, read 273,076 times
Thank you June for the kind thoughts, and prayers... may I soon update from Tulsa!!!

Merry Christmas to all... God Bless this, our earthly mess!!!

Old 12-24-2007, 05:50 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Gdblauvelt, I certainly will be praying for you and the family to return to your "roots" and other family in Tulsa...I would hate to be separated from all my family..There is truly no place like home..We get made fun ofa lot here in the mountains for our strong family ties and the need to remain close..It is not unusual for adults to still call mother, "mommy" I am proud to say that two of my daughters still call me that..The youngest child in the family is mostly always referred to as the "baby girl" or boy no matter the age. We are not embarrassed to hug one another in public and mostly always end a phone conversation with "love you"..I wasn't born here, but have raised my children here and have come to love the beauty and culture and friendliness of this place..

Old 12-25-2007, 02:39 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,006,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdblauvelt View Post
I first would like to say that all the prayer requests on this thread have brought me sorrow, and joy. I pray for all those that need healing, whether physical or emotional. The joy comes from the sheer "Love for one another" that I have found here. It sure must make the Father really happy to see! Whether you have asked for health, wisdom, wealth, children, friends, yourself, or others may God answer your prayers in the speed only he possesses.

The only thing that I have to ask for, except for the world to finally find some peace, is that I could have the means to move my whole family back home to Tulsa. As my family, not just myself and child, but my parents and sisters and brother and their children too.
We live in Florida and when we moved here it was nice, not perfect, but nice. Since then it has gotten expensive, overcrowded, rude, and not what we expected. We have a large amount of family back home and would like to return home.

I know this seems like a selfish prayer. I feel bad asking anyone to ask God to grant this prayer, given the prayers for the sick, soldiers, and others that are on this site. If you feel that I have done wrong for asking for you to join me in this prayer, I apologize. If you feel that you would like you join in my request I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

God Bless!
I will most definitely be praying for you! You should NEVER feel embarrassed or not important enough to ask for prayer for ANYTHING! That's what we're here for!

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!

If it is God's will for you to move back home, I am very confident that He will in fact open those doors for you. I will be praying for you and your family.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A WONDERFUL 2008!

Old 12-26-2007, 02:09 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,791,451 times
My heart goes out to those families. I will be praying for all petitions on this thread.

I'd also like to put a request on here for myself. Please pray for strength, knowledge and discernment. My beliefs and faith are coming under increasing attack here where I work. It seems my coworkers have no problem speaking ill (to put it mildly) of my beliefs in my presence. I've been trying to 'educate' them, but it's just getting more and more difficult to remain Christ-like without losing my temper. Thank you all in advance for your continued support.

Love and peace and blessings to all

Old 12-26-2007, 02:46 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Default Uplifting News

Anyone want to hear some good news?

After 6 months of near h3llish chemo and radiation treatments, we were told today "Uncle Don" is cancer free.

Whew. Wow. HUH? What????!!!

We just returned from the Cancer Treatment Center. We were so in shock, we left the doctor's and I looked over at Don and said, "Did we really hear him right?" It seemed we were in a daze, just like 6 months ago when we were told he has cancer.

I almost feel let down. We had prepared for the worst, to hear it had metastisized, we already made funeral arrangements, etc.

So, thank you so much to kawgz, blue, June, KayKay, and all the rest for their prayers.

I am still in shock.

We were so broke from all the traveling to and from hospitals, we decided not to buy ANY gifts this year and did not even put up a christmas tree. NOW, we have the best present anyone could ask for.

Thanks be to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Redbird making the sign of the cross)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/testresize.jpg (broken link)

And for my atheist friend *JUNE, and my non-organized religious prayer friends, thank you for your friendship in my time of stress.

Last edited by _redbird_; 12-26-2007 at 02:54 PM..

Old 12-26-2007, 02:49 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
My heart goes out to those families. I will be praying for all petitions on this thread.

I'd also like to put a request on here for myself. Please pray for strength, knowledge and discernment. My beliefs and faith are coming under increasing attack here where I work. It seems my coworkers have no problem speaking ill (to put it mildly) of my beliefs in my presence. I've been trying to 'educate' them, but it's just getting more and more difficult to remain Christ-like without losing my temper. Thank you all in advance for your continued support.

Love and peace and blessings to all
Will be praying for you, mams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Anyone want to hear some good news?

After 6 months of near h3llish chemo and radiation treatments, we were told today "Uncle Don" is cancer free.

Whew. Wow. HUH? What????!!!

We just returned from the Cancer Treatment Center. We were so in shock, we left the doctor's and I looked over at Don and said, "Did we really hear him right?" It seemed we were in a daze, just like 6 months ago when we were told he has cancer.

I almost feel let down. We had prepared for the worst, to hear it had metastisized, we already made funeral arrangements, etc.

So, thank you so much to kawgz, blue, June, KayKay, and all the rest for their prayers.

I am almost still in shock.

We were so broke from all the traveling to and from hospitals, we decided not to buy ANY gifts this year and did not even put up a christmas tree. NOW, we have the best present anyone could ask for.

Thanks be to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Redbird making the sign of the cross)

And for my atheist friend *JUNE, and my non-organized religious prayer friends, thank you for your friendship in my time of stress.
Wow, that's great news! Glad to hear it!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality