Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2007, 03:33 PM

98 posts, read 273,217 times

Advertisements

Amen, I'm very glad to hear about your uncle. May he never have to step foot in a hospital again...God Bless!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 03:36 PM

7,998 posts, read 12,280,448 times
Default Alright!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Anyone want to hear some good news?

After 6 months of near h3llish chemo and radiation treatments, we were told today "Uncle Don" is cancer free.

Whew. Wow. HUH? What????!!!

We just returned from the Cancer Treatment Center. We were so in shock, we left the doctor's and I looked over at Don and said, "Did we really hear him right?" It seemed we were in a daze, just like 6 months ago when we were told he has cancer.

I almost feel let down. We had prepared for the worst, to hear it had metastisized, we already made funeral arrangements, etc.

So, thank you so much to kawgz, blue, June, KayKay, and all the rest for their prayers.

I am still in shock.

We were so broke from all the traveling to and from hospitals, we decided not to buy ANY gifts this year and did not even put up a christmas tree. NOW, we have the best present anyone could ask for.

Thanks be to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Redbird making the sign of the cross)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/testresize.jpg (broken link)

And for my atheist friend *JUNE, and my non-organized religious prayer friends, thank you for your friendship in my time of stress.
I AM THRILLED FOR YOU AND DON!!!!!

Continuing to send thoughts of strength , wellness and hope your way!

Keep on:

Taking gentle, gentle care!!

Old 12-26-2007, 04:25 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Will be praying for my friend mams, that the Holy Spirit will guide, direct and keep him humble in his present situation

I am praising God for Redbirds friend "Uncle Don" who was just this day declared cancer free

I pray for all the requests on this forum and for the sweet, innocent children who are suffering from the sins of this world..

Old 12-26-2007, 04:33 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,670,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
My heart goes out to those families. I will be praying for all petitions on this thread.

I'd also like to put a request on here for myself. Please pray for strength, knowledge and discernment. My beliefs and faith are coming under increasing attack here where I work. It seems my coworkers have no problem speaking ill (to put it mildly) of my beliefs in my presence. I've been trying to 'educate' them, but it's just getting more and more difficult to remain Christ-like without losing my temper. Thank you all in advance for your continued support.

Love and peace and blessings to all
Oh how horrible some people can be. Of course I will pray for you my dear friend. For peace as well as you must become very angry at them at times. It is so sad to think that one cannot escape ridicule yet....take heart my friend, the Bible speaks of Christians persecuted in Christs name. Although we do not see the horrors that befall Christians from other countries, we face persecution here as well to a lessor degree.

Praise be to God, for if you are being persecuted/spoken ill of/ etc. that means your faith is strong and you are walking in the spirit of Christ. Satan is fighting for all he is worth, to no avail. Stay strong my dear Mams, Christ has already won this victory for us.

aiangel

Old 12-26-2007, 04:55 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,011,268 times
I will be praying for you Mams! I know it's hard to deal with co-workers on this level.

Redbird, I cannot tell you how overjoyed I am to hear this news!!!!
Miracles DO happen...Don is an example of one during this wonderful Christmas season. I hope and pray now that the two of you have many things to look forward to in his new "cancer free" body!
Lots of love and well wishes to the both of you! Give him a BIG HUG for me and have him give YOU one for me in return!

You are both mighty soldiers!

Last edited by kawgpz550; 12-26-2007 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: added

Old 12-26-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Anyone want to hear some good news?

After 6 months of near h3llish chemo and radiation treatments, we were told today "Uncle Don" is cancer free.

Whew. Wow. HUH? What????!!!

We just returned from the Cancer Treatment Center. We were so in shock, we left the doctor's and I looked over at Don and said, "Did we really hear him right?" It seemed we were in a daze, just like 6 months ago when we were told he has cancer.

I almost feel let down. We had prepared for the worst, to hear it had metastisized, we already made funeral arrangements, etc.

So, thank you so much to kawgz, blue, June, KayKay, and all the rest for their prayers.

I am still in shock.

We were so broke from all the traveling to and from hospitals, we decided not to buy ANY gifts this year and did not even put up a christmas tree. NOW, we have the best present anyone could ask for.

Thanks be to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Redbird making the sign of the cross)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/testresize.jpg (broken link)

And for my atheist friend *JUNE, and my non-organized religious prayer friends, thank you for your friendship in my time of stress.

What a wonderful Christmas present for you guys. This is such great news and I can understand your shock, but what joy you have.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:23 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,275,819 times
Default Prayer request...

Hope this doesn't seem too trivial, but could I get some prayer going for my dh, Mr.kaykay? I normally wouldn't submit something of this nature, but he was sooo sick this morning from a persistent sinus infection. He was so sick I actually hated to come to work and leave him.( Thankfully, he is off work for the holidays this week.) He has had 2 rounds of very powerful antibiotics for it (Avelox) and is still having horrible daily headaches and pain with it. This has been going on for over a month now!

Thanks,
kaykay

Old 12-27-2007, 08:59 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
I will pray for Mr. Kaykay..My daughter also suffers sinus infections ..They are very, very painful

Old 12-27-2007, 09:30 AM

Oh boy, I sure know how horrid those infections can be. Mr. kaykay is in my prayers and I can tell you I feel for him. If those antibiotics don't work, have him go back, sometimes a shot is in order along with antibiotics.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:36 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,275,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I will pray for Mr. Kaykay..My daughter also suffers sinus infections ..They are very, very painful
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Oh boy, I sure know how horrid those infections can be. Mr. kaykay is in my prayers and I can tell you I feel for him. If those antibiotics don't work, have him go back, sometimes a shot is in order along with antibiotics.
Thank you both sooo much. He is calling the doctor's office again today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality