Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2008, 08:01 AM

740 posts, read 2,014,575 times

Advertisements

Happy New Year to all....

I would like to ask for prayer for me.... It has been awhile since I have posted and there is a good reason. I have been having migraines for a good deal of the time. Between the meds and the headaches, it has been hard for me to get what I am thinking to come out thru my fingers.... so I have been doing things that don't frustrate me as much. I am going in to have an mri this morning to see if there is something more to this than just headaches. I will try to keep you updated. But from what I understand the results take awhile.

Also, I a good friend of mine from church & biblestudy has just learned that she has cancer..... again. This will be her 4th time of battling cancer with chemo and she is tired.... pray for strength and peace. She is such a wonderful person. Pray for her family. They have all gone thru so much.

Thank you and I love you all... even though I do not visit much, I still think about you and pray for you often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 08:58 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,957 times
Dear friends,
Spent the last week in NC. Put for sale signs in front of my house. Please pray that it sells soon. Our not moving has put us in a huge financial crunch. The sooner the better.
Thanks for your faithfulness.
weather...

Old 01-02-2008, 09:00 AM

1,130 posts, read 2,238,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post

I would like to ask for prayer for me.... It has been awhile since I have posted and there is a good reason. I have been having migraines for a good deal of the time. Between the meds and the headaches, it has been hard for me to get what I am thinking to come out thru my fingers.... so I have been doing things that don't frustrate me as much. I am going in to have an mri this morning to see if there is something more to this than just headaches. I will try to keep you updated. But from what I understand the results take awhile.

Also, I a good friend of mine from church & biblestudy has just learned that she has cancer..... again. This will be her 4th time of battling cancer with chemo and she is tired.... pray for strength and peace. She is such a wonderful person. Pray for her family. They have all gone thru so much.

Thank you and I love you all... even though I do not visit much, I still think about you and pray for you often.
So sorry to hear about your migraines and your friend. Will keep you both in my prayers, but It is good to hear from you.
Hugs and prayers!
thefer

Old 01-02-2008, 09:04 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,275,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post

Thanks for keeping us updated. I've missed "seeing" you here. Will certainly be praying for you and your friend. I used to have migraines a lot myself so I know how debilitating that can be. (I have dmed you too.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
Dear friends,
Spent the last week in NC. Put for sale signs in front of my house. Please pray that it sells soon. Our not moving has put us in a huge financial crunch. The sooner the better.
Thanks for your faithfulness.
weather...
Will certainly be praying for you guys also about the house and that whole situation.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:24 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,011,268 times
IBC it is good to see you on here. You KNOW I will be praying for you! If there is anything I can do, please let me know!

Also, I have a serious prayer request for a very dear person. This lady started attending our church about a year ago. She is the sweetest, most awesome person. She has liver problems and has been awaiting a transplant. Her son WAS supposed to be donating a partial liver transplant, however, he had to quit smoking for 6 months. In the meantime, around Christmas she almost died.
They have flown her to Phoenix where she is now at the top of the list for a cadaver liver.
It's somewhat hard to pray for this...Of course we don't wish for anyone to die . But please pray that God sends her a liver FAST if this is His will.

Thanks everyone!

Old 01-02-2008, 04:28 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,138,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
IBC it is good to see you on here. You KNOW I will be praying for you! If there is anything I can do, please let me know!

Also, I have a serious prayer request for a very dear person. This lady started attending our church about a year ago. She is the sweetest, most awesome person. She has liver problems and has been awaiting a transplant. Her son WAS supposed to be donating a partial liver transplant, however, he had to quit smoking for 6 months. In the meantime, around Christmas she almost died.
They have flown her to Phoenix where she is now at the top of the list for a cadaver liver.
It's somewhat hard to pray for this...Of course we don't wish for anyone to die . But please pray that God sends her a liver FAST if this is His will.

Thanks everyone!
Not to worry, kawgpz. Folks are dying every minute. The thing to pray for is that someone who is about to die will be a perfect donor for your friend. You are not praying for someone to die.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:32 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,138,460 times
Default I have a request of my own.

My husband was diagnosed with cancer two weeks ago. He is not a religious man himself, but I am a believer and practicing Christian.

I know that prayers may not always be answered in the way we wish - sometimes, God's answer is "no". We do not know why, but must accept it.

But, we should always do as Paul advised: "Pray incessantly." I hope that many will pray incessantly for my husband's good health. And, most of all, for his peace of mind.

Thanks, all. You will all be in my prayers, as well.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:37 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,275,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemthornton View Post
My husband was diagnosed with cancer two weeks ago. He is not a religious man himself, but I am a believer and practicing Christian.

I know that prayers may not always be answered in the way we wish - sometimes, God's answer is "no". We do not know why, but must accept it.

But, we should always do as Paul advised: "Pray incessantly." I hope that many will pray incessantly for my husband's good health. And, most of all, for his peace of mind.

Thanks, all. You will all be in my prayers, as well.
Will certainly pray for your husband's healing and salvation and peace for you both. I believe that God can certainly heal from cancer. Just 2 nights ago at church one of our members shared his story about how God healed him from prostrate cancer this past year. (Certainly not the ONLY testimony of healing from cancer I know of, just the most recent one.)

Old 01-02-2008, 06:04 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,670,560 times
Dear friends

I have read the prayer requests and will be praying for healing and Godly counsel as well as liver donors. I also bring to His Throne the trials of our every day lives, asking for a decrease in the dismal dissaray of happenings around us. May He bring joy, peace, comfort and healing to each of us and heal our Country and world. Praise be to God, our Father, the Alpha and Omega.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:29 PM

72,422 posts, read 18,206,429 times
Thanks for the prayer for Christine,she is such a happy,bouncy little one. Thanks for the prayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality