Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2008, 10:53 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,491,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I amasking for a few prayers for my daughter Diana, who is a cancer survivor..She has some problems from chemo and radiation that flare up now and then that require a couple days in the hospital. She is being treated and enjoying some much needed rest..

Ncalmom, thank you for that wonderful news from the court..May God continue to bless you and the children..I admire your forgiveness with your xh..I will pray that God will also bless your x with what he needs..

Praying for Blue and for Diana, that the comfort of God's love may ease their suffering and strengthen them both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 11:01 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,491,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by one4all View Post
what is this again? prayer request? does it mean that you'll pray for me?
please do so, im in need.
Praying for one4all, for all others here in their time of need, God please bless us, soften our hearts towards one another and towards ourselves, so that we may be forgiving, and let fear be banished by love, let us fill our hearts with love, and acceptance, and be comforted.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:30 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,833,362 times
Please pray for a dear friend of mine who has been hospitalized.

Thanks all.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:21 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,821,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Please pray for a dear friend of mine who has been hospitalized.

Thanks all.
Prayers for healing sent their way....

Old 07-19-2008, 09:51 PM

599 posts, read 1,256,186 times
Praying for blue and Diana, also your friend Alpha.

Old 07-19-2008, 10:06 PM

599 posts, read 1,256,186 times
I'm going tomorrow to visit my parents for a few days. I will be traveling with my four children (it's about a 2 1/2 hr. drive). My dad is in the hospital with an infection in his heel (infected bed sore). He has no circulation in that leg up to the knee so it's virtually impossible for anything to heal. The infection may be in his bones and if that's the case the hospital stay could last up to six weeks. This is the opposite side of the broken hip so you see what a difficult situation that is....no strong healthy leg on which he can bear weight at all.

My mom went to see a surgeon about the mass in her lower abdomen. He's pretty sure the lymphoma she had three years ago has returned. She's going in for a second opinion this week and then will have it removed and biopsied.

Please pray for a safe trip for myself and my children. Also, pray for healing for my dad and strength and healing for my mom. My sister has also taken on a lot of responsibiity in caring for my dad these last few months so prayers for her would be appreciated as well.

Thank you!

Old 07-20-2008, 08:09 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,821,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in VA View Post
I'm going tomorrow to visit my parents for a few days. I will be traveling with my four children (it's about a 2 1/2 hr. drive). My dad is in the hospital with an infection in his heel (infected bed sore). He has no circulation in that leg up to the knee so it's virtually impossible for anything to heal. The infection may be in his bones and if that's the case the hospital stay could last up to six weeks. This is the opposite side of the broken hip so you see what a difficult situation that is....no strong healthy leg on which he can bear weight at all.

My mom went to see a surgeon about the mass in her lower abdomen. He's pretty sure the lymphoma she had three years ago has returned. She's going in for a second opinion this week and then will have it removed and biopsied.

Please pray for a safe trip for myself and my children. Also, pray for healing for my dad and strength and healing for my mom. My sister has also taken on a lot of responsibiity in caring for my dad these last few months so prayers for her would be appreciated as well.

Thank you!
This all must be so stressful for you and your family... I will keep you all in my prayers...

Please continue to pray for our cousin and her family... she has begun her treatments in Texas. Her children will be joining her next week, please pray they are able to handle the stress of this as children... to give their mother strength and get through this rough patch of road ahead of her... I thank you again and honestly believe it is the power of prayer that will help them through this.

Last edited by skbs; 07-20-2008 at 08:29 AM..

Old 07-21-2008, 09:53 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,773,244 times
My dear friends,
It is with great love and respect that I come before you and request your prayers. My husband's second cousin will be going into surgery tomorrow morning at 7:30. He is 13 and they have found a tumor in his brain. This is all sudden and the family is devastated. I am such a passionate believer in the power of prayer and ask that you all join together in lifting up this child and his family. Thank you.
Much love,
<><

Old 07-21-2008, 09:59 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,637,126 times
oh weather, what heartbreaking news for the family. I will be lifting you guys up in prayer, and can't even imagine what this is like. Know that i am praying and that our God is a good God who is gracious.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:03 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,773,244 times
There seems to be an abundance of 'need' on the prayer thread lately...I lift you all up daily and ask for God's blessing on your lives. I wanted to post a praise report.

I came to you many months ago and ask for prayer for my husband's uncle. He had been taken to the hospital with what was presumable dehydration from a common virus and it spiraled downhill from there. My family visited him yesterday after Mass. He is now in a rehabilitative home. His wife said that it had been 110 days since he was first admitted into the hospital. WOW! As of yesterday, he is up and walking with just a cane and tomorrow there will be a home evaluation and we are hoping that by the end of the week he will be released to go home. Our God is great!

I thank you all for your prayers. You are such a blessing.

May the peace of our Lord and Saviour rest in you all...

<><
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality