Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2009, 05:18 AM

1,895 posts, read 5,903,916 times

Advertisements

Prayers please for this Maine family, and that good, or bad, they find him soon.

U.S. Coast Guard, Marine Patrol continue search for Sedgwick man - Bangor Daily News (http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/106985.html?comment_result=posted#comments-post - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 07:13 AM

4 posts, read 22,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
What happened if you don't mind me asking. Was it robbery? I will say a prayer to my Father for Henry. If your faith is strong, Henry will come home to his child. Tonight if you receive this or when you receive this, pray the "Lords Prayer, Hail Mary, and Glory be" and when you pray think of Jesus Christ, the Son of God and He will send His Holy Spirit, the Lord and Giver of Life to Henry. Amen
Thank you for your prayers. We do not know what happened. The police have not been in contact with the family. As of last night we have found out that the bullet is too close to the main artery in the neck and the doctors are afraid if they operate the artery may get nicked. Also his lung will not stop deflating so we are praying on that as well. God bless everyone who takes the time to read this post and pray for Henry. Henry is a good man. One of those men who gives you faith in all other men. A good husband and loving father. He is also a good friend who is always there to help those in need. We are baffled as to why anyone woiuld want to kill him but think it may have been the result of someone trying to car jack him. So please continue to pray. Thank you and God Bless!

Old 05-27-2009, 08:35 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,331,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzSylvester View Post
Thank you for your prayers. We do not know what happened. The police have not been in contact with the family. As of last night we have found out that the bullet is too close to the main artery in the neck and the doctors are afraid if they operate the artery may get nicked. Also his lung will not stop deflating so we are praying on that as well. God bless everyone who takes the time to read this post and pray for Henry. Henry is a good man. One of those men who gives you faith in all other men. A good husband and loving father. He is also a good friend who is always there to help those in need. We are baffled as to why anyone woiuld want to kill him but think it may have been the result of someone trying to car jack him. So please continue to pray. Thank you and God Bless!
Keep your faith. For I had an experience when I was a child with My Father, who art in heaven, and I was given the blessing of My Father, so I interceded on Henry's and your behalf. For I have all the faith in the world that God's Word is at hand.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:09 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Prayers for all requests..

Old 05-28-2009, 08:53 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,388,998 times
There's never a dull moment in Alaska! A few weeks ago, we were facing a flood. This week, it's fire!

Living in the midst of a wooded wilderness has it's pros and cons. Fire nearby is definitely a con! There is a 11,000+ acre fire just a couple of miles from my community. Thankfully, it's on the other side of the river. The river is large enough to be a sufficient firebreak in most circumstances, so we're not too terribly excited, but everyone is cautious especially after seeing burnt pine needles floating to the ground. There are homesteader and subsistence cabins scattered throughout the area that are in danger. So far, fire personnel have been able to protect those structures. There is at least one homestead that is still in danger.

Please pray that the firefighters will be protected from harm as they fight to save structures and that they will receive the rest, help, and supplies that are necessary in their job. Please pray for safety surrounding the boats that will take the firefighters to their stations. Please pray that the homestead, including it's crops and animals, and other cabins will be spared. Please pray that those whose property is jeopardized will have peace and will be able to find rest and those who are making decisions will have wisdom. Please pray for much needed rain (without lightning!) that will help contain all the fires that surround us. Please also pray that the wind will be kept at bay. Please pray that the smoke stays high in the sky so people with breathing problems will not suffer; we have been very thankful that the smoke is not down on the ground in our community.

I stand in awe at the glory of God's creation! I'm extremely thankful that the God of heaven is faithful, loving, and merciful. I am humbled to know there are many who offer prayers for those they've never met. I'm so glad I'm a part of the family of God . . .

Old 05-29-2009, 08:57 AM

72,422 posts, read 18,206,429 times
Dear Blueberry,I know how fires are so deadly.I will pray for the families and firefighters. And the fires in California too.

Please pray for a dear friend of mine she is almost 90 and took a fall,she wasn't that healthy so it got worse just in one month,now the doctors are saying she has one week to live,so please pray for a miracle,our community all love her dearly.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:23 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,331,609 times
Maybe God needs her service in heaven. I will pray for her and the community that she so well served.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:30 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,747,076 times
Izzy I am sorry about your friend.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:35 AM

Thanks Crazy and Lionpainter.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:57 AM

Thans for all the prayers for Bones,His wife has stablelized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality