Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2009, 12:41 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,465,925 times

Advertisements

Prayers for our dear wonderful friend Northwest Voyager in this time of great sorow..There is nothing more devastating than losing a child..I pray He will enclose her and the rest of the family with His healing love and gentleness..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 01:51 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,551,712 times
Thank you so very much for the prayers for the loss of my eldest son. Because of the care and concern so many have shown me, I do believe that Our Father, The Great Spirit, Our Creator, has been with me and is helping to heal my heart and lessen the terrible pain. Thank you again.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:34 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,044,344 times
I am sorry Northwest Voyager for your loss. I will remember you in my prayers.

Can I put in a prayer request here? I really, really need a job and have an interview tomorrow. I keep getting interviews but 'someone else' always gets picked over me.
This time, I want to be the one who gets the job. I have been waiting almost a year for a job offer.
Thanks.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:02 PM

23,005 posts, read 34,330,118 times
Please pray for my husband, he is having surgery on hernia surgery on Monday. Thank you!

Old 06-18-2009, 08:17 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,155,184 times
Praises and prayer requests are being said for all!

Old 06-19-2009, 08:20 PM

5,003 posts, read 12,338,910 times
Hi all, this is for four friends of mine all going through happy, tough, and sad times:

For the sad - a friend of mine who was expecting has, after 5 months of carrying in pregnancy a new baby girl, lost the child to a congenital heart disease. Both father and mother are going through an extremely difficult time right now that I cannot even fathom. Please keep her, the father, and the lost girl, who will never experience what we all take for granted, in your thoughts.

For the tough - a friend of mine is balancing work, school, raising a child, and a recent beating at the hands of some bad apples in the police force. He is likely to pursue legal action against the cops who almost ruptured an eye, cracked two ribs, chipped the eye ridge in his skull which required surgery, and two lost teeth. He had a troubled past and is sincerely trying to turn himself and his family's life around. I've offered my home, money, food, and help watching his kids. Please keep him, his family, and the twisted cops in your thoughts.

For the happy - two friends, one beginning the journey of fatherhood and being a husband. Please congratulate him and his wife on their newborn boy Mehdi (Meh-hi-di). Mehdi was born a healthy 7 lb 8 oz by Cesaerean section and both mother and child are doing well. The other friend is actually my cousin, who is beginning his journey as a husband. Please congratulate him and his wife on beginning what I hope will be the rest of their lives together.

Thank you.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:35 PM

142 posts, read 279,569 times
Pray I stay straight on this path of listening to and obeying God. I'm very new at this. That I reconnect with my children. And get my home in order. That I release all my pain and forgive. That God heals my husband or allows me release from him. Self control and God's Grace in all I do. Praise Jesus for the healing I have received. For the peace I have. For the self control I'm learning. Thank God for sending Linda Cynthia to be my teacher. Please pray that I hear God's voice and not Satan's. Send my children to me and grant me grace, strength and wisdom to mother my 17, 19 and 23 year olds. I ask to be paid for my work and make my heart grateful even if I don't. Please and thankyou. Good night.

Old 06-20-2009, 07:33 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,329,189 times
Father, You who showed me these things to come; who held my hand so that fear would not enter into thy soul, I ask thee, as your Son, to show the world your truth, set free the people of Iran, crumble the power who blasphemy's your will through deception, lies and murder. I pray that your will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. And when thy will is done, I will give thanks, to almighty God who lives and reigns in unity of with the Holy Spirit and all glory and honor is yours Almighty Father, forever and ever. Amen

Old 06-21-2009, 03:49 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,155,184 times
Amen!

Old 06-21-2009, 04:24 PM

17,997 posts, read 9,034,390 times
~~Prayers for those in need~~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality