Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2009, 08:09 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times

Advertisements

Please keep ILNC and her husband in your thoughts and prayers..He is undergoing surgery tomorrow due to an infection from a prior surgery..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 12:00 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Please keep ILNC and her husband in your thoughts and prayers..He is undergoing surgery tomorrow due to an infection from a prior surgery..
Will do thanks for sharing!

Old 08-07-2009, 09:02 AM

216 posts, read 681,981 times
I am a City-Data member, who just stumbled upon this section of the forum a few minutes ago. I was about to post in another part of the forum, when my phone rang. The husband of my good friend and neighbor, Cathy, asked me to watch his little girl. Cathy, who has struggled with complications from Lupos, is in ICU on a ventilator, and her prognosis doesn't look good. I am desperately trying to hold back tears, so that my daughter and her daughter do not realize how serious this is.

Cathy is a wonderful friend, a loving mother who adopted two beautiful girls from a terrible situation in a Russian orphanage. They are now 8 and 11, and they need their mother. She is a kind soul, a brilliant woman, an animal lover. She is a psychologist who has dedicated her career to helping others overcome traumatic childhoods, sexual abuse, etc. She is, in short, a person who is much needed in this world.

As I sit here, feeling helpless, I have asked God to spare her. I know it is not my place to question Him (or Her), but I am asking him to wait.....to wait for her to come to Him, wait until her children are older. They need her now.

I am humbly asking the City-Data community for their thoughts and prayers for this wonderful woman...regardless of your spirituality, or religious affiliation. Thank you so much for hearing my request....I believe in the power of prayer, and I hope by reaching out to the wider world, our prayers for Cathy will be answered.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:21 AM

Thank you, Hepcat, for bringing such a compassionate request here.There are many, many "prayer warriors"who come here often to gather the requests for their private prayer..They are mostly silent, but they are present..

I will also pray for Cathy, for the two little girls and for you, that each will feel the warmth, the comfort and the love of God to help you through this situation, and that if it be His will that Cathy be restored to health that her good works may continue..

God bless you all..

Old 08-07-2009, 02:54 PM

Asking all our prayer warriors to keep this family in mind..

//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...l#post10164241

Old 08-08-2009, 12:34 AM

Hepcat in my walk with Christ I think the hardest lesson I still struggle with is His time not mine. It doesn't make the hurting less waiting on His answers but we must be faithful to pray for requests! Praying for a favorable outcome for your dear lady & family.

Miss Blue thank you for bringing more awareness to the request you posted.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
We need to keep MR. ILNC still in our prayers the infection came back it's on the mesh they just put in ILNC said last night.

Power of prayer brothers & sisters!

Old 08-08-2009, 09:23 PM

72,407 posts, read 18,196,480 times
Praying,sending best wishes to ILNC,Hepcat and to friends of Miss Blue

Old 08-16-2009, 09:45 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
I haven't been around this forum in quite a while, but could really use some prayers/vibes right now. My "Uncle" (not by blood or marriage, but by choice ) was recently diagnosed with a fatal neurological disease, which is progressing very quickly... I just got back from seeing him, and it was clear he's in the final stages of life. It was so heartbreaking to see him in that state, when just a few months ago he was a healthy, active, brilliant 63 year-old surgeon. Now he is wheelchair-bound, can barely speak or move, and is being fed through an IV. He's still "there" mentally, however, and responded with HUGE smiles to certain things we said - like when I told him he was more of an Uncle to me than my real relatives, and when my pregnant sister told him it was a boy.

Unfortunately there is no chance of recovery at this point, but at least the disease doesn't really cause physical pain. He probably doesn't have much time, so please pray for a peaceful passing, and for his family to be strong (he has a wife & two grown children, who are also my family-by-choice). If it's not too rude to request, could we also keep any prayers non-denominational or Jewish? He/we are Jewish, and I know that would mean more to him... he is actually a self-professed Atheistic Jew, but I think we all need spiritual comfort in the end.

P.S. If this day wasn't bad enough, I also had to attend a funeral for an old friend. He was only 36, and died of a brain tumor which he fought for nearly half his life... at least he is at peace now.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:36 AM

Prayers for Gizmo's dear friend who is so very close to the threshold between this life and being at home with the Lord..May his passing be with ease and with joy as he draws ever nearer..

Prayers for the family of the young man who has passed from this life, that He will comfort them in this period of grief..

Prayers for our friend Gizmo who will miss both these people who meant so much to her..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality