Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2009, 12:32 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times

Advertisements

I thank all of you for your kind words and prayers for myself and my family over this tragic event. When something like this happens there are very few words that can really be said that could be of comfort to those who are close to this tragic event, those of us that were the closest to the individual will think, how could we not see this coming, how could we not know and we will want to blame ourselves for not seeing the signs in order to prevent such a tragic thing from happening and yet there is really nothing that we can do, for we do not know what goes on within the minds of others and when it happens we will mourn the loss of a loved one, the loss of one so young and yet we know we must continue on, the hurt will be very deep at first but as time goes by it will become less and sooner or later it will become nothing but a memory, a sad memory, but a memory nonetheless for those of us who are still walking that life journey.

Last edited by ptsum; 10-14-2009 at 01:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 07:26 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,132,790 times
Please pray for me as I prepare to undergo a brain biopsy for a MRI-detected lesion on October 20th. Pray that nothing life-threatening will be found, or what will be found will be treatable, or, if it is truly God's will, that I will go to heaven if the lesion is fatal. Pray, pray, pray, I really need your prayers.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:01 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,196,101 times
tvdxer you got it! With God in control He has the best laid plans ahead for all of us. Proverbs 3:5-6

Old 10-16-2009, 07:36 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,670,560 times
ptsum I am so very sorry for your loss. I pray for your family for peace, comfort and healing as you endure this.

tvdxer prayers sent for healing, comfort and peace for you and family. Seek Him and continue seeking Him, for He is a God of comfort, a God who sees our heart.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:11 PM

72,422 posts, read 18,206,429 times
Tvdxer Sending you prayers and speedy recovery!

Old 10-17-2009, 05:42 PM
AT9

691 posts, read 1,219,992 times
I feel bad coming here and asking for prayer when I don't have anything serious going on in my life...but please pray that God will give me strength and perseverence over the next 8 weeks or so. I am in a long distance relatoinship and I haven't seen my girlfriend in almost three months, and I won't see her again until Christmas break at the end of the fall semester. I love her more than I can describe, and it's killing me not being able to see her for this long. Thank you all so much!

Old 10-18-2009, 12:54 PM

7,998 posts, read 12,280,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post

we will mourn the loss of a loved one...and yet we know we must continue on...as time goes by it will become...a memory nonetheless for those of us who are still walking that life journey.

June's most heartfelt sympathy, and whatever 'prayer' she can offer most assuredly entails what you so eloquently wrote above:

-That you and your family may eventually find that place of reconciliation and peace, whereby the memory of your grandson lives on, in your hearts, always, through love. Love endures.

Always.

Take gentle care, Pstum.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:00 AM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
This morning I offer up a prayer to the Creator for the untimely death of my grandson, he was a young man of 18 years and had his whole life ahead of him, when a child is in such a desperate condition that they feel that they have nothing else to live for and resort to taking one's own life, what does that say about us as a whole, we will often think, where have we failed for this to have happened and yet we miss all the signs and then it's too late. I do not condone such a thing but I will not criticize it either for we have no idea what goes on within the minds of others to come to such a conclusion. My wish and prayer to the Creator is that he has found peace and happiness on the other side.Osayo
Ptsum . . . my sympathy and prayers go out to you and all your loved ones at this tragic time. Nothing can ever adequately overcome the loss and sadness over the shortened life of one so young. I know the love and acceptance he is greeted with on the other side will be more than sufficient to give him the peace and joy he could not find here. Love indeed endures.
Be well, Mystic

Old 10-21-2009, 10:01 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,562,070 times
Thanks

Old 10-21-2009, 04:07 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
I want to thank each and every one of you for the kind words, thoughts, and prayers that you have given to me and my family in this time of sorrow. How can one put into words the life of an 18-year-old who enjoyed life to its fullest, was afraid of nothing and was the first one to try anything new, no matter what it was and try and understand what this young man's mind was going through to come to such a short and tragic end. It will be a long while before those of us that were the closest to him will never get over this, but eventually we will and we will move on with our lives unfortunately without this energetic, smiling, courageous young man, he will be greatly missed but will forever hold a very special spot in our hearts. Again I wish to thank all of you for your kind words and prayers and I am glad that you were here.osay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality