Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2010, 05:58 PM

536 posts, read 1,108,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss blue View Post
perhaps you have read this prayer before, it has been aound for sometime..

This poem meant so much to me in my troubled time and my prayer is that it will touch someone today.

.~hugs to all who can relate.. May it bring some peace to you, as it did to me..

the knots prayer

dear god,
please untie the knots
that are in my mind,
my heart and my life.
Remove the have nots,
the can nots and the do nots
that i have in my mind.

Erase the will nots,
may nots, and
might nots that find
a home in my heart.

Release me from the could nots,
would nots and
should nots that obstruct my life.

And most of all, dear god,
i ask that you remove from my mind
my heart and my life all of the am nots
that i have allowed to hold me back,
especially the thought
that i am not good enough.

Amen.
loved it....thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 01:32 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,416,652 times
Default Prayer Requests

Grandmother - Baptist

Please pray for her that she might overcome her pain caused by health issues. Please also pray for her to overcome all of her worries.

Mother - Mormon

Please pray that she might overcome her ongoing issues, and pray for her success.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:33 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,879,878 times
My father (Marshall), a retired longshoreman, is 90 years old, very frail, and still living at home. Lately he has been exhibiting advanced signs of dementia. (significant memory loss, mood swings, personality changes, aggressive (and loud) unfounded accusations against family members, confusion, etc), which is putting a lot of heartbreak and burden on my mother, who is the one who generally has to put up with this 24/7. We have been considering moving him into an assisted living home, but I think he would be really resistant to that idea, because he fought all the way against the alternative idea of having a hospice worker come to the house a couple of hours a day to help out. We are not wealthy, and the local assisted-living home wants something like $6000/mo, which we certainly can't afford, but there are other less expensive ones in a city some 120 miles distant. We are fast running out of ideas as to what to do next. Mom, who is 84, is at her wits end.
Please pray for my family, and my dad. We need wisdom...and God's help...

Thank you
Bud

Old 02-18-2010, 04:12 PM

968 posts, read 2,617,304 times
First, I want to thank you for all the wonderful favor offered upon myself, loved ones, and peers.

I ask that a guiding hand is offered to help BudinAK and his family as they go through this transition of assisting their father and offering him the best care he needs. Guide them in their decision making and time of need.

I also ask that the citizens of Haiti are protected by everlasting love and comfort in days that still may seem very bleak and uncertain.

I am so humble in good favor in the recent days. At times I feel ever-so undeserving; yet, I hope I act responsibly in this good favor. I hope each day, through and through, I am a better person and humanitarian.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:44 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,492,794 times
This morning I thank God for the silent ones the ones known as the "prayer warriors" who come to this forum each day to read and pray for the requests here..

I pray for the ones who come here just seeking a quiet place free from debate where love and acceptance is shown to all no matter what their beliefs are..

I pray for the seekers who come to these forums hoping to find answers..
I pray that God will lead them to the posts, to the posters who can best lead them to the living waters of faith..

I add my prayers to Him for all the requests here..
May God bless each and everyone of you with all of your needs..

Old 02-22-2010, 04:06 PM

Good favor is found in patience. Patience is found in faith. Faith is enduring belief in the Highest (even at its hardest).

I pray all those in need (knowing or unknowing) are blessed with patience and that patience leads to the to good favor and peace their life may need. The change in my life over the last 12 months have been overwhelming in every way. I finally know how it feels to be in good favor and only because of the Highest unrelenting love that I found patience and revived my faith.

Let those with a helping hand guide those who deserve a helping hand in the right path.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:43 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,646,800 times
Um...does the prayer have to be from only one faith? I have a request, but I would like prayers from all different faiths, if possible...

Edit: I would like to request a prayer, from any faith, for my friend who was recently diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.
She only recently turned 21 years old and did not deserve this horrible fate. Please pray for her family and loved ones to stay strong. Please pray for her to stay strong and to find happiness and light in this world. Thank you...

Last edited by Le Lune; 02-22-2010 at 09:30 PM..

Old 02-26-2010, 02:41 PM

I come today with a single request to protect those in fear. Fear of how they will continue, when the next pay check will come from, not finding employment, or any strong hold that makes them feel prosperity is impossible. I ask the Highest to vigorously work against those who intend to harm the citizens of this world.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:55 PM

I am requesting prayer in strength and faith. I have felt a bit weak over the past few days. Signs of weakness typically go in hand with lack in faith. I ask that my faith is constantly built stronger and my spirit centered in positivity in all manners. I ask to forever protect all the faithful and guide all the unfaithful and lost.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:13 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,566,974 times
Please keep my grandfather in your prayers and thoughts as his body is shutting down.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality