Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2010, 06:25 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,285 times

Advertisements

This is a copy and paste from a friend:

Please, please pray for my friend Stacy. Her husband John's heart stopped beating last night (cardiac arrest due to arrhythmia) and he is in CCU at ORMC in hypothermia. He will stay at 34 degrees until midnight tonight, and they will start to warm him then. It will take about 18 hours for him to reach normal body temps again, and then they will do tests to check his neurological functioning. Stacy found him pretty much right as it was happening and he did not have a pulse. She did CPR and his heart is now beating on its' own, but he is breathing with a ventilator. We don't know what his level of functioning will be when they bring him out of hypothermia, just that the chance is very slim that he will make a full recovery with no neurological damage. John and Stacy have two boys, Brandon (11) and Christopher (14). They are at my house now, and very scared. I took the boys down today to see their dad, and it absolutely broke my heart to see them in tears, saying, "Daddy, you have to get better and come home because we can't live without you." He doesn't look good.

Specific prayer requests: that the arrhythmias will stay mild (he is still having them, and if they get more frequent he can go into something called V-tach (sp?), that the hypothermic treatment will keep brain and neurological damage to a bare minimum (or better yet, no damage at all), and that the doctors can figure out a way to stop the electrical issues he is having that made his heart stop. Also pray for Stacy and the boys, for comfort, peace and strength. I was with her until about 3 this morning, and she was strong, but overwhelmed and frightened about the future.

Thanks--love to all of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2010, 08:02 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,031 times
Weatherologist...stories like this are so heart-breaking. My heart goes out to the family and will pray that love and comfort cover their hearts and that this too shall come to pass.

My tears are easily induced when I hear of children going through trials and tribulations that are beyond their comprehension...it truly breaks my heart!!!

Old 12-06-2010, 08:41 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,424 times
Weatherologist my prayers have gone up also. I pray things are improving at this time.

I also have a prayer request. My 6 year old granddaughter is having heart surgey tomorrow for tachacardia related issues and would appreciate any prayers you could offer up. I am unable to be with the family as I have just had sugery myself. Please pray that this baby girl makes a quick recovery. Thank you and God Bless.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Weatherologist my prayers have gone up also. I pray things are improving at this time.

I also have a prayer request. My 6 year old granddaughter is having heart surgey tomorrow for tachacardia related issues and would appreciate any prayers you could offer up. I am unable to be with the family as I have just had sugery myself. Please pray that this baby girl makes a quick recovery. Thank you and God Bless.
You are in my thoughts and prayer my friend as well as your granddaughter...and may the Almighty embrace you and your loved ones in his comforting and healing love.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:16 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
You are in my thoughts and prayer my friend as well as your granddaughter...and may the Almighty embrace you and your loved ones in his comforting and healing love.
Thank you so much. My granddaughter came through with flying colors by the grace of God. Thanks to all that sent up a prayer, God Bless You All!

Old 12-07-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
This is a copy and paste from a friend:

Please, please pray for my friend Stacy. Her husband John's heart stopped beating last night (cardiac arrest due to arrhythmia) and he is in CCU at ORMC in hypothermia. He will stay at 34 degrees until midnight tonight, and they will start to warm him then. It will take about 18 hours for him to reach normal body temps again, and then they will do tests to check his neurological functioning. Stacy found him pretty much right as it was happening and he did not have a pulse. She did CPR and his heart is now beating on its' own, but he is breathing with a ventilator. We don't know what his level of functioning will be when they bring him out of hypothermia, just that the chance is very slim that he will make a full recovery with no neurological damage. John and Stacy have two boys, Brandon (11) and Christopher (14). They are at my house now, and very scared. I took the boys down today to see their dad, and it absolutely broke my heart to see them in tears, saying, "Daddy, you have to get better and come home because we can't live without you." He doesn't look good.

Specific prayer requests: that the arrhythmias will stay mild (he is still having them, and if they get more frequent he can go into something called V-tach (sp?), that the hypothermic treatment will keep brain and neurological damage to a bare minimum (or better yet, no damage at all), and that the doctors can figure out a way to stop the electrical issues he is having that made his heart stop. Also pray for Stacy and the boys, for comfort, peace and strength. I was with her until about 3 this morning, and she was strong, but overwhelmed and frightened about the future.

Thanks--love to all of you.
This was the latest update at 5PM 12-7. Please continue to lift this family up. Prayers are being answered. All praise and glory to God!

John coded late last night. He is stable again now, but because he coded, they decided to do the heart cath now rather that waiting for the infection to clear. It is happening as I write this, I think. If they find a blockage, I assume that will mean a procedure as soon as possible. If no blockage is found, then they will wait for the infection to clear and the vent to come out, and he will get the pacemaker/internal defibrillator.

His fever is down a couple of degrees, which is good--means the antibiotic is starting to kick the pneumonia (the doctors said that was probably because he aspirated on Friday night during the cardiac arrest.

Today he was alert, and opened his eyes so wide that it made Angee ask, "Doesn't John wear contacts?" Turns out he has had them in since Friday! Stacy asked him if he wanted them out, and he shrugged his shoulders. YAY!!! So Stacy got in his face and told him that if he wants the tube out of his throat, he needs to perform for the doctor and do exactly what he says. I can picture her with hands on her hips, shaking her finger at him. : ) Anyway, when the doctor came in and asked him for a thumbs up, John gave him one, very slowly. Then he said, "Wiggle your toes." Well, apparently that wasn't good enough for John--he raised both feet off the bed and held them there. All that gives them a LOT of hope that the neurological damage is very minor. We will know more once they get him off the ventilator--at that point he would be able to smile a little, and they will be able to see if he can talk at all.

Specific prayer requests: (since so many of them have been ANSWERED!):

* Pray that the heart cath goes smoothly and that any problems that are discovered can be treated easily.
* Continue to pray that the infection goes away, as quickly as possible.
* Pray that he will be able to get off the ventilator, possibly as soon as tomorrow.
* Pray for Stacy, who is not eating well and not getting much rest at all. She needs a full night's sleep and a decent meal, but she hasn't been willing to go far enough to get either one.
* John's apartment in Tampa: they had just signed a lease, and he won't be going back there, so they are hoping the complex manager will have a heart and let them out of the lease. So far, the people they have spoken with at the complex have been nasty to them...lots of prayer needed there too.

Thanks so much for your prayers....they are GREATLY appreciated

Old 12-07-2010, 09:29 PM

Thank you so much for the update weatherologist...our thoughts and prayers are continually for those who need spiritual and emotional support as well as kind words. Faith is such a wonderful and mysterious force.

I'm happy to hear that Isitmeorarethingsnuts?

Old 12-08-2010, 08:45 PM

Default Tonight's update

People are good; prayer is wonderful; God is great. Here is the Wednesday update:

Stacy called this afternoon with good news: John is off the ventilator and was able to talk to them! His memory is sketchy, and seems to be better with long-term events than short-term. He didn't know it was almost Christmas, but when told that, was able to determine that it must be December. He didn't recognize the name of his current cardiologist, whom he has been seeing since they moved to Orlando. He could not write his name, but he could spell it and recognizes the people in his family. The nurses were trying to get him to sit in a chair when I spoke with her--not sure how that went. I also forgot to ask about the pneumonia--I'll check on that tomorrow. The heart cath went well, and there will be some follow-up that needs to be done. Stacy said they have lots and lots of tests ahead of them. Please keep praying...we are witnessing miracle after miracle here. You all are an amazing support to them, and some of you have never even met them. Thanks for what you are doing for my dear friends.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:12 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,505,098 times
This thread is still open for prayers and requests..

My prayer this day is that all will be blessed with health, happiness in the new year.

I also pray that the eyes, ears and hearts of those seeking Him will be opened wide to the joy, love and peace that comes with knowing He travels this path homeward to the Father with us.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-30-2010 at 11:00 PM..

Old 01-03-2011, 11:28 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,373,956 times
Saying a prayer for all,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality